+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What fails have you experienced in these new dungeons?

Plane Walker

Default What fails have you experienced in these new dungeons?

Well, it finally happened to me. I had a funny failed run in The Tower of the Shattered, normal.
    So it's my first time in this dungeon but that doesn't really phase me since normals have simple mechanics.

We had a rogue tank, 3 other rogues (me in that category), and a cleric; all 60 but me at 59. The other rogues and the cleric were all right, the tank was nice until I gave him some advice.

First thing that happened was vent info spam. Alright these guys are helpful, using vent and all. Me being the nocturnal person who doesn't want to wake everyone up in my house, I told them I'm not gonna be in vent so might as well explain to me now. And they did type it all out, get in the green circle and los when the boss emotes, simple and helpful.

But we wiped two times since the tank failed to los. I inspect his gear and found that he was using t1-t2 level 50 tank gear so I tell him it'll be better if he uses his lvl 60 gear for the armor (down 300-500 armor a piece.) He gets defensive and tells me to tank, since he's all up for not tanking. I took him up on it and switched specs, saying how convenient it was that I had a tank spec. He promptly tells me arrogance is fleeting or something to which I respond irony is funny.

And so we downed the boss the first time with me tanking and him dead early fight for not getting into the green circle. Now he refuses to tank as we made our way to the 2nd boss. We promptly get rid of the adds, but Mr. qeued-as-tank here pulls the 2nd boss prematurely, causing us to wipe with no tank at the moment.

Luckily I wasn't in combat since I was in stealth and ressed everyone, yay! But oh wait, we died again because the boss got closer and aggroed, guess who, Mr. pro-Tank after I warned them the boss was incoming. At this time he leaves raid and left me with a smug attitude. The raid broke up and it was my first experience of a "I know I'm right" situation.

I know I could have just kept tanking, or I could have just been less smug, but it was pretty satisfying to see him leave by his own decision. Do note that after asking him to tank again, I didn't say anything much besides the occasional "lol" when something went derpy.

So, how are ya'll guys pug dungeons going? mine went swell.

Telaran

Cleric healer wasnt able to keep me alive on trash in normal archives of flesh on trash mobs. I have 375 toughness,385 hit and almost 43k hp. Thank god he ragequitted after 2 wipes.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by voltariss View Post
    Cleric healer wasnt able to keep me alive on trash in normal archives of flesh on trash mobs. I have 375 toughness,385 hit and almost 43k hp. Thank god he ragequitted after 2 wipes.

You must be a warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Kwak675 View Post
    You must be a warrior
    ^ this.....
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

If a warrior is tanking, my fingers are hovering over my CD's the whole zone.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Ascendant

I wonder if it mightn't be time to bring back the demand that clerics actually learn to heal again in PUG's.

Telaran

Im cleric. And healing warrior tanks is difficult when they are undergeared and barely stats to queue for LFG.

Healing can be pretty heavy on tanks in SL. On Tephalon in expert storm breaker I had to do 7k hps to keep the tank + group alive, ofcourse i'm stubborn as hell for not wanting a support, but give the healers some slack. When you are used to steamrolling content for half a year the increase in healing needed is frightening for some ^^.

Also when pugging you should be aware of the fact that most players are there for the first time and need explaining. You should therefore be able to accept a wipe here and there ^^
    #3 things that are messed up in Rift:
    1# Macro's (Remove them, they simplify the game so every noob can be competetive)
    2# Addons (People that rely on them shouldn't raid)
    3# Harbingers (If I wanted to go melee, I wouldn't have rolled a mage. It also is OP so nerf it)

Plane Walker

to be honest, the healer said healing was fine, pretty much the reason we wiped is because the tank was not able to do a mechanic, which was los. Literally stood there a good 3-5 seconds before running, not using a teleport, to los before getting caught in insta death.
    Last edited by Rozel; 12-03-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Oh! I have seen plenty of fails. Most of them have to do with ignoring mechanics and refusing to listen to advice about the mechanics.

In expert Empyrean Core 3rd boss (the 10 stacks shield guy whose name i forgot), there was this player that refused to listen the advice the tank and I gave which was to just run non stop when emoted in one direction. He made the mistake 5 times despite us repeating it so many times and kept walking backwards, turning around, running around the tank etc. Gosh that was frustrating.

In expert Exodus of Storm Queen boss, I had a chloro healer that didn't cleanse the debuff thingy on the tank. When I asked him why he didn't cleanse, he replied that it was the supports duty to cleanse (support was a bard btw) since he could not interrupt void life to cleanse. I had a big lol from this.

Not to mention the number of dpsers that went pure aoe specs (sab/cab/champ) on st dps bosses that had some form of a dps check. When asked (politely i might add) to switch to a better st spec, they just refuse rudely and say they play however they want to and don't require our smartass comments. Because of that, everyone else suffered due to lack of dps. When your playstyle causes the group to suffer and they can't complete the dungeon because of that, sorry you are gonna get vote kicked.

Not to mention other dpsers that refuse to have spec with an interrupt/purge to help the tank. Or others that refuse to purge too. If only I had my icar specs, i can still single handedly heal, purge, cleanse and interrupt. However, I can't do that now and it lies on the dpsers to make sure they have at least 1 spec with these utilities.

Yeah in all, most of the fails are due to people ignoring mechanics or refusing to adapt to situations.

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post

Yeah in all, most of the fails are due to people ignoring mechanics or refusing to adapt to situations.
    ^ This

Too many to count, though I don't ragequit or get abusive and just find it amusing as everyone needs to learn, but this was the funniest one I saw recently...

(Support playing Bard)

Me: "You do know that your LOS from most of the group, we are not getting any of your heals....." (bard standing on the otherside of the pillar on 1st boss in expert storm queen)

Support: "I don't need LOS to heal, they are AOE heals......."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozel View Post
    to be honest, the healer said healing was fine, pretty much the reason we wiped is because the tank was not able to do a mechanic, which was los. Literally stood there a good 3-5 seconds before running, not using a teleport, to los before getting caught in insta death.
    If he were doing it right, there isn't anything in SL dungeons, normal or expert, that you can't survive as a rogue tank.

One shots do not exist for us.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    If he were doing it right, there isn't anything in SL dungeons, normal or expert, that you can't survive as a rogue tank.

One shots do not exist for us.
    Er, yes they do, if the tank can't do a mechanic and causes a wipe, which is what the OP just posted before you obviously didn't read it and replied.....

Quote Originally Posted by Decosse View Post
    Er, yes they do, if the tank can't do a mechanic and causes a wipe, which is what the OP just posted before you obviously didn't read it and replied.....
    No, I've read what he said; you, on the other hand, probably didn't really comprehend what I wrote.

There is no mechanic, nothing, not a single one, that exists in SL dungeons (normal or expert) that is capable of one shotting a rogue tank if he knows what he's doing.

Yes, that means standing in LoS mechanics, eating things you're supposed to avoid, etc.

Everything can be survived without performing the mechanics.

I know what I said when I said it, you just apparently didn't comprehend what was written.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Anc

Quote Originally Posted by Malia View Post
    Healing can be pretty heavy on tanks in SL. On Tephalon in expert storm breaker I had to do 7k hps to keep the tank + group alive, ofcourse i'm stubborn as hell for not wanting a support, but give the healers some slack. When you are used to steamrolling content for half a year the increase in healing needed is frightening for some ^^.
    7k? How much of that is overhealing ? I run a defiler hybrid for 5 mans and I never have to do even half of that on any fight to keep everyone up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast