+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How can we make classic raids relevant in SL?

Shadowlander

Default How can we make classic raids relevant in SL?

Many of us have "come back" to Rift to experience SL, and so we have missed much of the level 50 end-game content.

How can we make that content relevant in our SL world?

I suggest for each raid/sliver achievement we're awarded a stat or token of some sort of benefit to level 60 players. This would benefit the hard core players who have already done so much of HK/ID ect. It would encourage non-raiders to do the content in pugs.

I don't think doing the classic raids for the novelty of it is enough of an incentive.

OH! Perhaps give tokens that can be traded for unique dimension items?

I believe the devs mentioned that there is every possibility of adding new dimension items to old raid content (The good money is on mountable heads of raid bosses ala EQ2)

As to your other options, no, just no. Asking raiders to hardcore grind more stuff is the fasest way to burn them out (See: ID/GMOA marks from dungeon dailies)

Old content is almost never revisited in most MMO's (I say most, since there may be some where they are) and if they are, it's usually for something like achievements or to get cosmetic armor pieces.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Master Modes.
    "Wizards First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true." - Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander

Soulwalker

Leveling scaling Master Modes FTW.

Plane Walker

I wouldn't mind but I'd rather it be more so like a 'down the road' deal several years from now with maybe a 'master mode' type deal with it. More a side type deal.

A weekly that gives lvl 60 marks for doing the old raids while mentored down to 50.

nothing, if u wanted to do those raids you should have played when they were relevant.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Those raids are dead, very unlikely anything will happen to bring them back.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Those raids are dead, very unlikely anything will happen to bring them back.
    Yep, and I certainly wouldn't *want* to run them again, either.

Many of us farmed that content for months and months on end. The last thing we want is to go back in there! At least, not yet. I'm sure there will be nostalgic value in another year's time.

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post
    I'm sure there will be nostalgic value in another year's time.
    Nostalgic for five minutes, then you will start having horrible Vietnam flashbacks of wiping.

Prophet of Telara

I haven't been in HK since april/may.
    I would certainly like to do it all once again esp since its the only raid in rift even worth mentioning.

make raid mentor down to 50.

fixed.

My simple hope is that older content is 1-2 groupable at end-game SL.

Will help us slackers finish acheesements and Epic quests when we just couldn't get the help or have the time prior too.
    Formerly:
    Dizbat Squigchukka of Badlands server, W:AR
    Coaskah Aiolee of Bria Server, SWG
    Ssrogg Driblot of Errolisi Marr server, EQ

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Acuta73 View Post
    My simple hope is that older content is 1-2 groupable at end-game SL.

Will help us slackers finish acheesements and Epic quests when we just couldn't get the help or have the time prior too.
    ...five man... HK? That sounds... kind of fun... i think?
    --BC

My biggest hope is they add a lot more dimension awards for various raid achieves. That alone would get our guild to revamp old raids cause we are a bit addicted to our dimensions. It is true its hard to get a raid to go back, take out of leveling and gearing time to do old content.

However, to some people its not old at all. I think they should encourage them for sure in some method, but I do not support in making it a necessary grind for competative raiders for current progression. The goal is to mix veteran players with new players. Those grinding for competative raiding will just do it with their guild to get it done with swiftly, thus defeating the purpose. Again this is why I like the making it useful for other aspects of the game, such as dimensions.

Basically it all boils down to, they have options to make it available to new players to catch the storyline, and to old players who still enjoy them, WITHOUT making it a current necessity grind for competative storm legion raiding. If they do that, I'll be a happy camper as I still want to take some of my friends who just joined the game through some key moments that made me happy with rift (aka akylios).
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast