+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: General Typhiria - Final Boss of 10-man Horribly Bugged

  1. #1
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default General Typhiria - Final Boss of 10-man Horribly Bugged

    Whatever change went in to "fix" Typhiria's Storm Blast definitely made things worse.

    Last week, we were able to avoid her Storm Blast and win. Even though the damage radius was larger than the ground effect, we were able to stack up and get out of it if we moved quickly and with coordination.

    This week, after the "fix" it is much worse. It is killing us at random whether we are in it or not. It is targeting our Rescue Medic if we have one up, but then the effect still kill us. It is blasting us when the bar is halfway through the cast.

    It is very, very broken. Far worse than it was last week. The fix did not fix it. Please put it back the way it was.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Protip: dont use feasts

  3. #3
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Protip: dont use feasts
    You can't be serious.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    299

    Default

    We cleared this fight with very little problem last week as well.

    This week, however, we had the exact same problems described by Dunharrow. We were never once able to progress past the rectangle ground AoE phase. The blue protection bubble would randomly vanish and we would get insta-killed, even if we picked it up right before she started the sequence. Other times we'd be standing 3 feet to the left of the rectangle and would get killed.

    There's no way this fight is behaving the same way as it was last week.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    You can't be serious.
    She targets non-player.....objects. Feasts, banners, etc. She also targets corpses, so don't die. If she does this, the effect will be inaccurate.
    Last edited by Ahov; 11-29-2012 at 10:41 PM.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    She targets non-player.....objects. Feasts, banners, etc. She also targets corpses, so don't die. If she does this, the effect will be inaccurate.
    So you're saying the graphic doesn't actually match where the damage is going to go? That sounds horribly bugged to me. We saw her target pets and do the rectangle on them before.

    If this is the case, it definitely sounds like a bug. I doubt they'll patch before next Wednesday, so we'll give it a go without any banners or other objects next time.

    Just interesting we were able to easily beat it in only a few attempts our first time in there last week and this week we wiped over and over to this fight's broken parts.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JorlynEndless View Post
    So you're saying the graphic doesn't actually match where the damage is going to go? That sounds horribly bugged to me. We saw her target pets and do the rectangle on them before.

    If this is the case, it definitely sounds like a bug. I doubt they'll patch before next Wednesday, so we'll give it a go without any banners or other objects next time.

    Just interesting we were able to easily beat it in only a few attempts our first time in there last week and this week we wiped over and over to this fight's broken parts.
    yes it is bugged, but it is trivial atm to work around. Much better when she would simply desync the graphic after a wipe. Do not bring out any NPCs/objects in her room and it works perfectly.

  8. #8
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Two groups cleared it last week, two groups cleared it this week.

    Its just the graphics portion that's bugged and targets non-player objects.

    If you wanted to do a bit of indiana jones style's leap of faith (invisible bridge!), you could still do it with the desynced graphics.

    Just stack up and sync-move X number of meters to one side, then the other. It may LOOK like the bolt is going right through where you're about to go... but you'll be fine =P

    Sure, its a glitch, but it hardly breaks the encounter. Put on the big boy pants and do a bit of troubleshooting before just dismissing it as impossible would get you places.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara Kaybriar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Put on the big boy pants and do a bit of troubleshooting before just dismissing it as impossible would get you places.
    I was unaware the type of pants I was wearing had any corellation to avoiding completely bugged mechanics.

    In other news, you are not very good at reading comprehension since nobody mentioned it being impossible.
    Kaybye ~

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    The visual effect doesn't match the skill.
    If someone is dead or an NPC, then the visual will be on him, whereas the effect will be (with non negligible probability) on you.

    Our solution is simply circling around the boss like in P2... We lose some dps, but the enrage timer is large enough so it's not important.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybriar View Post
    I was unaware the type of pants I was wearing had any corellation to avoiding completely bugged mechanics.

    In other news, you are not very good at reading comprehension since nobody mentioned it being impossible.
    It wasnt stated as impossible, simply implied by the OP.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara daphat79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryalnd
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    We ran around the room in a full circle non stop to avoid the bug in this mechanic. That actually makes the tactic very easy to deal with. Just start running and DPS on the move while you do a full circle around the room.

    /problemsolved

  13. #13
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    It wasnt stated as impossible, simply implied by the OP.
    I didn't imply. You inferred.

    Thanks for the explanation for those who offered it. We didn't make the connection that the graphic and the actual ability were dissociated. What a mess.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 11-30-2012 at 09:20 AM.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Domey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    I didn't imply. You inferred.

    Thanks for the explanation for those who offered it. We didn't make the connection that the graphic and the actually ability were dissociated. What a mess.
    They graphic was bugged every time we have went in there, we have cleared it every time we went in there with ease.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Xenoheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    This reminds me of the original version of charmers caldera. These air bosses are sharing graphical glitching techniques to kill us now lol.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts