+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Are you serious?

Shadowlander

Default Are you serious?

Me and a poor group of random PUG guys just went through Storm Breaker Protocol. We spent hours in this dungeon figuring out all your robot crap and finally got to the part where you defend the platform against the waves of mobs & it glitched. Mobs would not attack, and we were left sitting there w/out anyway to progress. We left and reentered over & over to no avail. A night wasted. Do better Trion, seriously. I really want to like this game because of its oldschool roots and the highly customizable souls but this is just not acceptable if I'm going to give you money every month. Hope you fix it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Naveed; 11-29-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Rift Chaser

Instead of whining like a child, perhaps you should give details about how exactly it "glitched", what happened before the glitch, and other relevant information so they can find out how and why it happened?
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -
    William G. McAdoo

Shadowlander

Not sure what you found childish about my post, and I'm pretty sure I specified how it glitched. The waves of mobs stopped coming and we were unable to progress. Thanks for adding to the thread though, mate. Do you feel smarter?

Quote Originally Posted by Naveed View Post
    Not sure what you found childish about my post, and I'm pretty sure I specified how it glitched. The waves of mobs stopped coming and we were unable to progress. Thanks for adding to the thread though, mate. Do you feel smarter?
    That's what the glitch was. How it happened would be how the mobs stopped attacking. Usually it's something that can't be pinned down without logs, that's why it's best to send in a bug report when it happens. It sends a ton of info to the devs about what was happening around that time, along with whatever you tell them in text.

Soulwalker

The statement -

"A night wasted. Do better Trion, seriously. I really want to like this game because of its oldschool roots and the highly customizable souls but this is just not acceptable if I'm going to give you money every month. Hope you fix it. Thanks."

Doesn't sound childish to you? It's a new expansion pack that is most likely going to have a few bugs slip through the cracks. You should just submit a bug report to help Trion fix it, and move on with your life. Not come into the forums *****ing about how your night was wasted, and telling Trion to 'do better'. They've done an amazing job with the expansion. Get over yourself, honestly.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedan View Post
    Instead of whining like a child, perhaps you should give details about how exactly it "glitched", what happened before the glitch, and other relevant information so they can find out how and why it happened?
    Such a constructive reply.

And now, having taken the time to read some of your other posts, I suspect it's just a habit.

And if your tagline is at all accurate I'd suspect you have never lost an argument.
    Last edited by Woftam; 11-29-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Woftam View Post
    Such a constructive reply.

And now, having taken the time to read some of your other posts, I suspect it's just a habit.

And if yout tagline is at all accurate I'd suspect you have never lost an argument.

Hell of a lot more constructive than the OP's. At least I'm trying to get the issue solved rather than whining and throwing a tantrum.

EDIT: Btw, might want to consider the irony of your post.
    Last edited by Kaedan; 11-29-2012 at 07:54 PM.
    William G. McAdoo

I heard new MMOs and new MMO expansions have bugs.
    Even free cost too much now

Plane Walker

Hell of a lot more constructive than the OP's. At least I'm trying to get the issue solved rather than whining and throwing a tantrum.

I've definate suspicions about what you are trying to do.
    Issue resolution is not on that list.

Your assumptions about the OP of this and other threads to which you have contributed shows your predisposition to belittle rather than to assist.

Reply for your own gratification. /ignore

@OP

We as a community can and actually DO brag that we have active GM's that help us in a very promptly way whenever we're stuck with a glitch and it's humanly possible. Unless, of course, it's a general bug, those are usually fixed on hotfixes. Which leave an open for the question: did you contact the support when you noticed the glitch? Chances are the GM would have helped you in a timely manner saving from the trouble of sounding utterly and unnecessarily rude and childish on the forums.

The problem with 4 in 5 complaints is that it doesn't matter if the person had 5hr straight of quality fun, if by any means something go wrong they'll come to the forums and bash the game as if everything, from the login screen to the game menus, are broken.

Shadowlander

Ha! I am not sure where you see a "tantrum". Have you ever been a dissatisfied customer? You are treating my complaint as though it were an unjustified rant. The fact is that my time to play games in the evening is probably not as abundant as yours. 2 1/2 hours is actually a lot of time to some of us, my dear sir. I would like to be able to work a good day's worth then come home & play a game that I spend my money (quite a bit given the options out there, mind you) to enjoy and progress. Tonight that did not happen. This is not beta. I'm not a tester. I wasted my night tonight. It's frustrating. I don't appreciate your condescending undertones, but I also don't expect you to understand or objectify here either, so stalemate I suppose. You sig is much more ironic now though mate. The wife and I shared a chuckle over it. For that, I thank you.

To the other poster: I did submit a ticket, but that didn't really help our situation as it will probably be a couple of days before they can get to it. I imagine they are backed up. Thanks though.

Rift Chaser

Ha! I am not sure where you see a "tantrum". Have you ever been a dissatisfied customer? You are treating my complaint as though it were an unjustified rant. The fact is that my time to play games in the evening is probably not as abundant as yours. 2 1/2 hours is actually a lot of time to some of us, my dear sir. I would like to be able to work a good day's worth then come home & play a game that I spend my money (quite a bit given the options out there, mind you) to enjoy and progress. Tonight that did not happen. This is not beta. I'm not a tester. I wasted my night tonight. It's frustrating. I don't appreciate your condescending undertones, but I also don't expect you to understand or objectify here either, so stalemate I suppose. You sig is much more ironic now though mate. The wife and I shared a chuckle over it. For that, I thank you.

To the other poster: I did submit a ticket, but that didn't really help our situation as it will probably be a couple of days before they can get to it. I imagine they are backed up. Thanks though.

The tone of your post was childish whining. Your OP was nothing but a complaint without purpose other than to threaten Trion with leaving the game without even giving information to help them "fix it" as you demand. That's not even an opinion, it's plain fact.

And you conveniently ignored the rest of my post. GIVE DETAILS if you want something done about it. If you want them to solve the issue, you are not helping with a complaint post like the one you posted.
    William G. McAdoo

Did you have fun on the way to that point?

If yes, then your time was not wasted. If no, why are you playing a game that you do not have fun playing?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by thesoup View Post
    Did you have fun on the way to that point?

If no, why are you playing a game that you do not have fun playing?
    This is a good point that I was actually considering when I made this thread. Mind you, this is not my first and only frustration w/ this game since SL (see Warfront healing), but you guys have made good points. I should probably find another game. Thanks for the replies.

Shadowlander

"Your OP was nothing but a complaint without purpose other than to threaten Trion..."

Mate, if you really feel that my OP was a "no purpose threat" you and I have no common ground on which we could even begin to have a constructive argument. Let's agree to disagree here. If some of you feel upset about my initial post, I do apologize.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast