+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toughness Runes / Essences - Were can I find/buy them

Default Toughness Runes / Essences - Were can I find/buy them

So, finding a tank is pretty hard these days for experts. I have decided to start farming gear to get a rogue tank into the mix.

So what runes can I buy from the AH or a vendor that have toughness on them? Isn't there some essences with toughness on them as well? where can those be acquired from?

There's a chest rune that gives 6 toughness, and a lesser essence that you can buy with ISS that gives twenty.

Neither one will help you get into experts. In order to queue as a tank, you're going to need 300 toughness. There are only four slots with toughness on them, and the drops from normals have 75 each, so even if you used the essence and the rune, you'd still need all four. And once you HAVE 300 toughness, there's no benefit to getting more.

Well, not for experts, anyways. You'll need 400 for raids.

Just farm normal mode Empyrean Core and Tower of the Shattered to get the items you need. Maybe buy a piece or two with Infinity Stones if you have bad luck with drops.
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-29-2012 at 10:16 AM.

So there is currently no SL crafted gear I guy buy with toughness on it either right?

Also, thank you for the quick response on the runes. I have the 100 toughness pants from an expert, but the 26 toughness i can get in runes/essence would only be helpful if I had another 100 toughness piece and then a normal dungeon drop.... annnnnnddd what are the odds of that combination happening? close to zero I imagine.
    Last edited by Riftraf; 11-29-2012 at 10:31 AM.

I know there's no crafted toughness gear for rogues. I don't think there's any for clerics. Maybe warriors have access to something, though.

Plane Touched

There are crafted toughness boots for warrior and clerics, but the recipes are from either drops or supply bags, I'm not sure which. I would be kind of surprised if there wasn't a leather pair to match somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedolan View Post
    There are crafted toughness boots for warrior and clerics, but the recipes are from either drops or supply bags, I'm not sure which. I would be kind of surprised if there wasn't a leather pair to match somewhere.
    If there is, then no one has found it yet on any server.

Be careful using toughness runes. The bosses in experts do hit hard and not having the proper gear as a tank will just get you gibbed.

Take the time to farm some gear by selecting the dungeon that drops the gear you need and restart the instance after you get to the boss that drops your gear.

If you have a group that wants to run with expert on a normal basis they should be willing to help you out with that part. My guild members did i was geared in a day and we started running experts.

Good advice on restarting the instance.

Can anyone tell me which bosses drop the toughness pieces for leather? I have patns already so teh otehr pieces adn zone/boss listing would be great if anyone know its.

Even the other pieces and teh zone they drop would be good enough. I could figure out the specific bosses overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Riftraf View Post
    Good advice on restarting the instance.

Can anyone tell me which bosses drop the toughness pieces for leather? I have patns already so teh otehr pieces adn zone/boss listing would be great if anyone know its.

Even the other pieces and teh zone they drop would be good enough. I could figure out the specific bosses overtime.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/items/13/Leather?f=b24_4_75

Thanks again Muspel

+ Reply to Thread