+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Progression questions from 0-60

Default Progression questions from 0-60

I'm a returning player who originally stopped around patch 1.3-.4 with some questions about progression now that the expansion is out.

1) How does the expansion and increased level cap affect progression for someone who is starting over from level 0? To elaborate. Would a new player still need to go tier 1 and then tier 2 experts at 50 > GSB/RoS > HammerKnell > level 60 Experts > level 60 20mans or is there a bunch I can skip if I just level to 60?

2) Can you level efficiently to max level through doing PvP matches in a premade and can you use PvP to get into raiding? If so what raids can you do with prestige 50 and prestige 60 gear?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Krazer; 11-28-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazer View Post
    I'm a returning player who originally stopped around patch 1.3-.4 with some questions about progression now that the expansion is out.

1) How does the expansion and increased level cap affect progression for someone who is starting over from level 0? To elaborate. Would a new player still need to go tier 1 and then tier 2 experts at 50 > GSB/RoS > HammerKnell > level 60 Experts > level 60 20mans or is there a bunch I can skip if I just level to 60?
    "new" level 50 gear, whether from crafting, vendors or drops is about on part with GSB/ROS items. By about 55-56 all pre SL gear including ID relics (old T3 raiding) are replaced easily.

A new or leveling player can safely avoid raid instanced content that predates SL with no negative repurcussions.

2) Can you level efficiently to max level through doing PvP matches in a premade and can you use PvP to get into raiding? If so what raids can you do with prestige 50 and prestige 60 gear?
    You can level via PvP, however it slows down eventually.

PvP gear lacks the Toughness tanks require, and (I believe) the hit dps require. Some items such as chest, legs, shoulders and boots for dps/healers would likely do well for PvE, but as a tank you're basically SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post
    "new" level 50 gear, whether from crafting, vendors or drops is about on part with GSB/ROS items. By about 55-56 all pre SL gear including ID relics (old T3 raiding) are replaced easily.

A new or leveling player can safely avoid raid instanced content that predates SL with no negative repurcussions.

You can level via PvP, however it slows down eventually.

PvP gear lacks the Toughness tanks require, and (I believe) the hit dps require. Some items such as chest, legs, shoulders and boots for dps/healers would likely do well for PvE, but as a tank you're basically SOL.
    Awesome thanks. I have a couple more questions if you don't mind.

What all can you do once you reach level 60 to get gear to start progressing through the new SL raids? Also is there just one new tier of 20mans in SL or is there multiple tiers?
    Last edited by Krazer; 11-28-2012 at 11:44 AM.

You will be told you can just go to the new continents when you hit 50 - or even 48. I'd suggest doing the Ember Isle quest line for some minor gear upgrades - nothing you won't get rid of by Lv52. But I don't think anyone will tell you to run GSB/RoS or HK; that content probably won't be touched except for achievement runs once people hit 60.

I will leave the PvP question to people who actually PvP.
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Awesome thanks. I have a couple more questions if you don't mind.

What all can you do once you reach level 60 to get gear to start progressing through the new SL raids? Also is there just one new tier of 20mans in SL or is there multiple tiers?
    As you level and quest you'll undoubtedly gain the new Planar Currencies (blue and purple versions) both can be used to buy gear that is equivalent to dungeon drops (and can be upgraded to expert and raid T1 versions).

Also some story line quests will offer normal tier gear.

Crafted gear can also be made to augment some dungeon sets, normal and expert quality items can presently be crafted (raid quality requires matts dropped in raid instances)

Presently we have available normals < experts < T1 raid 10 and 20 player. There are plans to release more raid content in the near future (not sure if second sliver is available at this time).

There's plenty to do post 60.

+ Reply to Thread