+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Horribly long expert queue for non tanks

Ascendant

Default Horribly long expert queue for non tanks

I honestly might just give up. It's ridiculous. Two days in a row that I just give up after one hour of queue. Are there just no tanks queuing? We have two tanks who are expert ready in the guild, with 12+ dps expert ready... you do the math. SL is starting to be a big let down for me.

Most people aren't even 60 yet. I would imagine the queues will stabilize once everyone is 60 to where they were Pre SL.

That being said, you won't see me again on my warrior tank until I can tank at least as good as the other 2 tanks. Right now I'd rather have anything but a warrior try to tank for my group most encounters, and I as well as others have noticed a huge drop in tanks, mostly warriors, and an uptick in rogues.

As long as warrior tanks are broken queue times are gonna be baaaaaaaaad.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    I honestly might just give up. It's ridiculous. Two days in a row that I just give up after one hour of queue. Are there just no tanks queuing? We have two tanks who are expert ready in the guild, with 12+ dps expert ready... you do the math. SL is starting to be a big let down for me.
    Several people in our guild stepped up and tanked, just to get everyone else geared.

Your guild should consider this and not rely on pug queues.

DPS needs 300+ hit. Tanks need 300 hit AND 300 toughness. Given that tank gear is a horribly infrequent drop and rarely a result from quests, of course you're going to have more DPS than tanks at this point....which isn't even two weeks into the expac. It will shake out over time. Unless you're a mage, you can always make a tank spec...and if you are a mage, you can queue DPS, Heals, or Support. There are options for you...unless you're just queuing DPS, and they you have only yourself to blame.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

This is how it's always been: Long queues for non-tanks, instant for tanks. And for once I actually agree with what Ahov said. We had multiple guild members who never tank step up and start tanking so we could get more groups doing experts. I highly recommend that.

Ascendant

A few might. But I don't think they're geared for tank yet. I guess that's what you get in a casual guild.

And yeah I'm a mage, but the queue is just as long when I queue for heals (guessing a lot of clerics queue for heals alone because they don't have the hit anyway).

Bleh. So frustrating.

Rift Chaser

i queue for heals and have never waited more than 5 mins. I am a dpser but i know if i heal i get in and i want gear so i will do what ever it takes to get in. If I could tank i would queue that to but no mage tank BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So, stop *****ing and roll a tank? Don't blame others because you rolled a useless DPS class and you're a dime a dozen.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Several people in our guild stepped up and tanked, just to get everyone else geared.

Your guild should consider this and not rely on pug queues.
    As with the people in our guild as well.

It is expected that tank queues are going to be the limiting factor in getting a dungeon pop for at least the next month or two.
    Akx - Blackout@Deepwood
    http://riftblackout.com

I really have no idea what to say here.

You seriously thought Qing for DPS in experts while the majority of people are still leveling or gearing to run experts wouldn't be long within the first few weeks? Like seriously?

No for reals. Seriously?
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

You should tank then

if mage.. heal?
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Fact of life with the Hit/Toughness requirements AND the level cap rise.

There would be longer queues simply because not everyone is 60.

There would be longer queues because people needed to go from a potential max of 200 hit/toughness to 300.

Add the two together...

Not surprising really and something that is necessary if you want a level cap increase with progressive dungeon advancement.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak1230 View Post
    It is expected that tank queues are going to be the limiting factor in getting a dungeon pop for the duration of any game based on the holy trinity.
    Just wanted to fix this because even when everyone is 60 and geared Tanks and healers are ALWAYS the limiting factor in a game like this. I like holy trinity games. TBH I think the only people who benefit from the lfd queue are tanks and healers. In what I consider the "regular" system a dpser could start their own group, likely get it filled out quickly since some people are too lazy to bother and get going. In the lfd system the convenience creates an illusion of speed for all but the tanks and healers because it is easier to just click a button and wait.
    Last edited by Galibier; 11-27-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Ascendant

so how is this storm legions fault when you and your friends refuse to tank?

Anc

The heal que is instant as well... and if your a mage for the love of god que support and help heal the group, they will only love your for it.
    Last edited by Anc; 11-27-2012 at 12:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast