+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: SL Experts and Two Healing

Soulwalker

Default SL Experts and Two Healing

I dont know how much problems everyone else is having but I have read throu a few posts and seen alot of suggestion that to run 2 healers for this fight or that fight dmg is just to high the tanks take alot of damge group takes alot of damage keep up with all the clenses and move out of all the mechanicts of the fight i feal like im raiding not running a dungen. Its one thing to need support but having to run two healers is a joke. If you think im just a bad healer go try solo healing the third boss in Expert Exodus of the Storm Queen.

well until the group has enough gear to survive with only one healer its either do what it takes to win or fail.
    not so bad really.
    who took my names!

Yep. Lets make it so easy that it can be done in full green gear. Then... in a months time when everyone is geared up we can solo it.. or hey... just rename it to a chronicle.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Shadowlander

Could always have a dps who can switch to heals for that fight... the soul system is flexible for a reason.

Plane Touched

I don't mind it too much but it hurts the random finder a good bit til people get geared. There are a lot of people unwilling or unable to play a heal spec (simply because they've never done it or don't have a spec for it).

It'll iron out, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DjVerko View Post
    Could always have a dps who can switch to heals for that fight... the soul system is flexible for a reason.
    Yeah, it's just the players aren't, I find.
    Last edited by psychopsilocybin; 11-26-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by psychopsilocybin View Post
    I don't mind it too much but it hurts the random finder a good bit til people get geared. There are a lot of people unwilling or unable to play a heal spec (simply because they've never done it or don't have a spec for it).

It'll iron out, I guess.

Yeah, it's just the players aren't, I find.
    If they refuse to play it they shouldnt que for it. I can solo heal (with no support) some encounters and dungeons. For the reast i heal and we take a bard/tact or support cleric (defiler/druid/justicar hybrids). Its not bad, just takes timing and forethought.

If you have to use two healers, there is nothing wrong with that at all. When people did experts last year, wanting a bard to support was normal. Then as we progressed with gear and specs changed, we were able to allow a cleric tank to solo heal through the expert dungeons or a Cleric could solo heal in Cabicar.

Everything that was the game before is no longer and it's back to requiring effort in experts. Can't heal the raid but you got the tank healing covered? Ask a mage to Chloro w/ LGV, or a Bard to pick up the access. Having your support actually support you is okay. Don't need to feel like you're bruising your ego because you need help.

I've asked for individuals to go support to help me out with something. I'd rather take a little extra time to complete a boss than wipe on it non-stop because I'm too stubborn to ask for some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    If you have to use two healers, there is nothing wrong with that at all. When people did experts last year, wanting a bard to support was normal. Then as we progressed with gear and specs changed, we were able to allow a cleric tank to solo heal through the expert dungeons or a Cleric could solo heal in Cabicar.

Everything that was the game before is no longer and it's back to requiring effort in experts. Can't heal the raid but you got the tank healing covered? Ask a mage to Chloro w/ LGV, or a Bard to pick up the access. Having your support actually support you is okay. Don't need to feel like you're bruising your ego because you need help.

I've asked for individuals to go support to help me out with something. I'd rather take a little extra time to complete a boss than wipe on it non-stop because I'm too stubborn to ask for some help.
    Thats all well and good till the dungeon finder gives you 4 warriors and a mage or cleric.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Shadowlander

People like to give stupid answers, saying it's too easy otherwise. The problem with most fights is they require (especially healers) a set soul/s. Some require AoE cleanse and/or only tank healing, meaning you have to be a sentinel. Some have mostly AoE damage forcing you to go warden. There is no option, if you are the wrong soul you will not succeed. Sometimes you'll get a group with only 1 cleric or mage, who is supposed to support you with cleanse and healing then? Bards can not match a mage or cleric in healing. If LFG puts you with a bad group class combination, are you expected to kick someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
    Thats all well and good till the dungeon finder gives you 4 warriors and a mage or cleric.
    That's unfortunate luck to have that warrior queued in the support slot although very possible if they yield a Beastmaster spec. That being said: I've yet to be in an expert (I have solo queued quite a bunch) where this extreme example was the case.

Telaran

There are three support souls : Bard, Beastmaster and Archon. You may prefer to think of 'support' as restricted to mage running chloromancer and warriors forbidden from the role, but that is simply not the case.

I still remember when original rift was released when experts took a cleric healer, a chloromancer, a bard, a dps, and a tank.

They didn't have an LFG system so thats just what people looked for.

Though I agree with an above post, do what you gotta do to win. Sometimes that means you may need another healer till peeps learn mechanics, catch up in gear, etc. Its just like when ember isle came out there were tomb stones everywhere. People adapt, then it became lightsauce. The same will happen here.

Many moons from now you'll complain that you can sleep through them.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 11-26-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Qhue View Post
    There are three support souls : Bard, Beastmaster and Archon. You may prefer to think of 'support' as restricted to mage running chloromancer and warriors forbidden from the role, but that is simply not the case.
    Are you replying to me? Or the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Qhue View Post
    There are 2 different types of support souls, raid support and dungeon (healing) support.
    Beastmaster and Archon do perfectly fine in a raid setting, but in the new dungeons they are not gonna cut it. If Trion want them to be able to support there then they need to cut back on the amount of damage dished out so that if the support person can't heal its not a wash.

In time we will be back to it not making a difference I am sure, but now is not that time.

Gah stupid edit timer

Was not calling for nerfs btw just observing that with the current amount of damage for most people making their way through the dungeons atm some so called support souls don't mesh with the fights.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast