+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid Prep: Obviously I am doing it wrong...

Default Raid Prep: Obviously I am doing it wrong...

Howdy,

After reading the boards and grinding our collective faces off, we as a guild are still working to get the Hit for even experts and tank gear so that we can queue as a guild group. We all started grinding Infinity stones pre-60 and spent loads of plat buying available crafted items.

My question is this, there is obviously a better way to go about it as guild are already making progression in SL 10 & 20 man raids. If it is just a matter of "they spent the time grinding it and did it much faster than you" Id actually be happy. I am just curious if as a guild they had people craft for the whole guild? or leveled in PvP and used PvP gear to start? What are we missing..?

Is it just a matter of suck it up and grind, fatboy? or is there a better way to get the reqs? Im beginning to lean towards just gearing 2 tanks asap and relegating ourselves to "missing" alot as we gear?

Any thoughts appreciated,

Thanks.

Im just starting to feel like Im playing a different version of Rift at this point...

Freight - 60 Cleric
    Rockie - 60 Mage

We spent 1-2 days of grinding normal dungeons and doing the odd craft here and there then went into experts. I think you may be doing it the slow way.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Point taken..

Just seems that Tank gear is brutal to get in the beginning. I just wasnt sure if there was an option out there that we were just oblivious to as we have just had our heads down, grinding for a while. 2 weeks without raiding and we are all starting to get a bit "twitchy"....

So, just grind: Normals > Experts >Raid (as usual)

Fair enough.

Thanks
    Freight - 60 Cleric
    Rockie - 60 Mage

Rift Disciple

Camp and kill those rare mobs aswell, they drop expert quality gear (100 toughness, 53 hit).
    I got my tanking legs with 100 toughness from one of the rare mobs in steppes for example.

Have dedicated crafters get grandmaster marks and marks, try and split recipes between people as grandmaster marks are limited and craft purple quality stuff with augments in them (some are even better then stuff dropped from the 20man raid).

Have people grind out mats to get consumables for everyone , 200sp stones , enduring vials, 10% insoles and all that good jazz.

Have people do fishing to get the new feasts that are pretty awesome.

And dont be afraid of going into experts undergeared, we went in there with a single tank at 200 toughness rougly, a few dropped pieces from normals for some hit and just powered through them(with full consumables). Before we knew it we had 2 tanks able to run them, then 3 tanks. Just use a chloro + cleric healer to heal through the big *** crits when the tank is under toughness cap.
    <Addiction>
    Trasgress - Greybriar - #1 Cleric Tank - How to Inquis in pvp

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Freight View Post
    Howdy,

After reading the boards and grinding our collective faces off, we as a guild are still working to get the Hit for even experts and tank gear so that we can queue as a guild group. We all started grinding Infinity stones pre-60 and spent loads of plat buying available crafted items.

My question is this, there is obviously a better way to go about it as guild are already making progression in SL 10 & 20 man raids. If it is just a matter of "they spent the time grinding it and did it much faster than you" Id actually be happy. I am just curious if as a guild they had people craft for the whole guild? or leveled in PvP and used PvP gear to start? What are we missing..?

Is it just a matter of suck it up and grind, fatboy? or is there a better way to get the reqs? Im beginning to lean towards just gearing 2 tanks asap and relegating ourselves to "missing" alot as we gear?

Any thoughts appreciated,

Thanks.

Im just starting to feel like Im playing a different version of Rift at this point...

pretty much all the guilds pushing progression went into experts well undergeared. Like sub 200 toughness and hit and powered through stacking up gear were needed. On fights I was getting crit for 38K when I had 37K HP. Just power through it will massive heals and luck.
    Last edited by Durango; 11-26-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Freight View Post
    Point taken..

Just seems that Tank gear is brutal to get in the beginning. I just wasnt sure if there was an option out there that we were just oblivious to as we have just had our heads down, grinding for a while. 2 weeks without raiding and we are all starting to get a bit "twitchy"....

So, just grind: Normals > Experts >Raid (as usual)

Fair enough.

Thanks
    Infinite Stones are meant as a means to augment dungeon drops. Get the infinite drops as needed when you don't get dungeon/expert drops.

RIFT Guide Writer

Radiant Accurate Runes / Incandescent Precise Rune(shards) and crafted items to get enough hit quickly for experts, then just grind the experts for the toughness and hit items. Normal dungeon phase should only last a day if even that, then a couple of days of experts along with the hit runes will get you to the minimum needed for raiding.

Hardest part is getting the first tanks to a reasonable toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Normal dungeon phase should only last a day if even that, then a couple of days of experts along with the hit runes will get you to the minimum needed for raiding.
    You want to start raiding in blues and greens? What about getting the dungeon mark gear first?
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

use a mix of planar, dungeon drops and dungeon vendor gear.

Don't forget about crafted items, there aren't many that will help you get raid ready, but there are plenty to get you into experts.

Also, if you're not a tank, augmenting some dps / heal items with PvP ones is viable as well.

Ascendant

There are quite a few crafted items, at least for clerics, that will help get you raid ready. Helm gives 53 hit, 2h gives 106 hit ... those are expert level gear. Also, heard that the crafted rings are getting upped to 53 hit as well on Wednesday.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    You want to start raiding in blues and greens? What about getting the dungeon mark gear first?
    Yes I started raiding in blues, only purple pieces were a crafted helmet and crafted belt. The difference between dungeon drop blues and dungeon epics is quite small.

+ Reply to Thread