+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storm Legion Dungeons worth it while you lvl?

Default Storm Legion Dungeons worth it while you lvl?

Ever since the first new dungeon "Exodus of the Storm queen" was released right before the start of the new expansion I was thrilled with the quality of theis new dungeon. I've played this game since launch, and I remember the difficulty with Trion's dungeons before all the fancy nerfs. Well now while lvling, I like to break up the monotony of questing, grinding mobs, and rifts with a splash of dungeons. Well the dungeons(imo) are amazing. As far as difficulty, music, style, and emergence. However, is it just me or is the player base while leveling just terrible? There's fights where the machanics are clear as day and people just do not know how to respond. Then, after wiping for an hour or so, I try to explain it to them in a kind fashion, and they explode on me. Or just disregard anything I said. I'm trying to be helpful.... not rude, but these players are really just taking it another way. I haven't made it to 60 yet. How is the player base at max level? PLEASE tell me it's better than what i'm experiencing.

Yes, they are doable and worth it for the first time experience. Lets say, to get your that last 10-20% to a level. And this is not really an answer to your question, most people freak out when things get difficult. It's best just to suck up the wipes and keep on moving.
    Last edited by Kaliguwra; 11-25-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Yeah that's excattly what I do. I hate giving up on things half way through. I'm more curious about end game though...... How are the lvl 60 experts this time around?

Soulwalker

from my personal expirience - no, not a bit. not a *** single bit.
    dungeons after exodus (which is overnerfed already imo) are extremely hard on random groups (or bad groups if you want, i just kinda get such groups one after another...), unforgiving as my first girlfriend (yeah, that was one kinda hell) and loot is way below dungeon level (take sbp as example - you need lv 52 at least to get inside, mobs are lv 54 and loot? lv 51 crap) and very unfreidnly towards fresh players (tanks and healers for most - tanks barely getting any decent gear through quests and healers with quest-equip not really able to compensate).

Quote Originally Posted by Briskey View Post
    Yeah that's excattly what I do. I hate giving up on things half way through. I'm more curious about end game though...... How are the lvl 60 experts this time around?
    add 1 more mechanic to each boss and about 10-20% more damage and that's your expert dungeon.
    Last edited by Valfador; 11-25-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

So it's going to be like Rift from the beginning all over again..... Where i'm forced to tank in order for the experts to be doable. Great! Oh well atleast I won't have to wait in queues!

Rift Master

IMO they aren't worth it except as the final push to a level, and even then not really. I have yet to finish a run of SBP because people fail at mechs or just get confused (awful, awful dungeon. I guess the devs never paid attention to how poorly received Occulus, P3 of Malygos and Flame Leviathan in Ulduar were in Wrath? Heck, Blizzard had to BRIBE you with extra loot just to stop people dropping group if they got Occulus), and to be honest the mech parts are fairly clunky as well since you just spam buttons basically and hope to outlast whatever you're fighting, including the first boss. Boneforge is pretty neat though, short but bosses have interesting mechanics (fourth boss is an obvious "screw you melee" fight though, it's really RDPS or **** on that encounter). That's all I've done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Valfador View Post
    add 1 more mechanic to each boss and about 10-20% more damage and that's your expert dungeon.
    Hey, be fair... Tzul has TWO added mechanics!

Hah yeah I love the new dungeons including SBP, but I do aggree with the screw melee part. I mean common? I've counted maybe like 4 encounters where melee can pretend to dps. Why does Rift hate melee so much? Oh, and when I range..... I can basically stand still and most of the time ignore the mechanics bc it's sooooo easy! I've never played a range class before until rift bc I have no other choice, and Range as to be the easiest notch in the dungeon crawler scene. Was this on purpose you think?

+ Reply to Thread