+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Valfador

Thread: Storm Legion Experts

Default Storm Legion Experts

The Storm Legion experts are doable, but for the for average player it near impossible..especially with tank that take soooo much damage. Rogue tanks do really good since the can cycle are their cooldowns and have the next one up for the next pull. Ive have not done many experts with cleric tanks but they also do better than warrior tanks. im not QQing or anythign because ive done most of my experts as a warrior tank without an issue but its hard on healers... Use a 54pally build right now and have three CDs that I rotate and do fine.

Stats for my Warrior Tank (Im not just some noob ranting)
    54/18/4 pally/vk/reav
    (Self Buffed)
    61207 Armor 45.08% reduction
    44185 HP
    1244 Strength
    Average resist 37.10% reduction
    375 Toughness
    30.54% chance for block (more with aggressive block +3%)
    4.69% dodge
    5.46% parry

I know there are alot of Post already for Experts but one more will help Trion to be more aware and do reasonable adjustments. And by adjustments I dont mean Nerfbat since they are more rewarding if they are hard to complete.

Storm Legion Experts-1028355.jpg
    Last edited by Arztheo; 11-25-2012 at 11:36 AM.

So you think you take a lot of damage as a tank but... All this reads to me is that you have a healer that isn't asking for support. It's not a bad thing at all no matter how bad *** people think they are. A support healer will make everything much more smooth. I don't think it needs a nerf, people just need to adjust to experts being a bit of a challenge now.

I have no problem swapping to support (Defiler ftw!) or asking someone to help out. If it makes us not wipe, I'm all for it. People need to drop their egos and ask for help in 'em. Then you won't get wrecked so often.

Default Classes

It not the healing its more of the difference between the classes tank wise and the damage intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Arztheo View Post
    It not the healing its more of the difference between the classes tank wise and the damage intake.
    So this thread isn't about Experts at all, it's about Warriors?

Healing has everything to do with damage intake, add a second full healer like many people did initially and life becomes much easier.
    Nope.

Ascendant

As someone who has healed all the experts: I find cleric tanks easiest to heal, not because of mitigation, but because they can immediately generate threat for any in-combat mob.

Warriors don't seem to inherently take more damage, and indeed differences of a few % will not be noticeable at all. They just lack the threat advantage.

If that wasn't the direction you were taking this post in, then I suppose the obligatory "Group with your guild and not pugs" etc etc. The SL experts are not hard.
    Last edited by Ahov; 11-25-2012 at 01:54 PM.

I mostly find that healers are not really struggling with keeping me up,And i'm still using dps weapons rings belt helm and gloves. On the other hand most issues seem to be with healers forgetting to cleanse/get out of bad and then the raid wipes because the healer isn't used to healing the party or cleansing stuff.
    It's about time that 5-man puts atleast a little pressure on the healers again.
    Last edited by Valfador; 11-25-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post

Spelling is too damn hard I guess.

Moreover, "A lot" is two words! Just saying as it is a pet peeve..

Last edited by Division; 11-26-2012 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Division View Post
    Spelling is too damn hard I guess.
    http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/30810754.jpg
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 11-26-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Not doing experts at the moment, so I cant judge about how hard they are
    but isnt that what experts supposed to be. Its hard, a good challenge, in need of teamwork, the right tactics, etc etc etc.
    What i did hear in my guilds its pretty good doable. sometimes with 2 healers etc, but still. Also for average people I think, they just need to know the tactics.. tahts all

This kind of threads just makes me happy. We have to do 18 months with these dungeons, dont want them on full /faceroll within the first few weeks.
    Last edited by NearioNL; 11-26-2012 at 02:38 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Rofl I solo heal all expert in single queue with randoms, find a real healer with a puri spec and win

I caught that..i figured the op might be doing the same thing too

+ Reply to Thread