+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Golem Foundry Expert - Manslaughter

Default Golem Foundry Expert - Manslaughter

So, I've gone into this dungeon twice so far on expert and both times we got through the dungeon with relative ease - a bit too easy in my opinion, up until we got to Manslaughter. This guy is pretty ridiculous and currently, I feel, almost undoable in a pug. If even a single person dies during the fight you begin to fall behind on destroying the mines, and then you run into the possibility of people getting teleported and snared in the middle of mines since he roots himself to one spot, often times for multiple abilities in a row, and it makes kiting him very difficult.

After two 3 hour attempts at killing him, both groups I was in failed to do so (once with me dps'ing and tonight with me tanking). The fight is extremely difficult because you not only have to have a healer that can dish out massive HPS, but you have to cleanse the DoT off too, which often times still leaves the person nearly dead by the time the DoT's been removed.

I'm all for challenging content, but this guy needs some tweaks. The average PUG just won't be able to handle him and it's to the point where we're considering just skipping him after we've down the first bosses because of how ridiculous he is.

Has anyone else run into this boss and experienced similar issues? Also, any tips outside of the regular strat would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I personally think he is fine. The group just needs to get the hang of it, I've killed him dozens of times with different guilds. He is one of the more challenging bosses ot of the experts but he's suppose to be. With the right group you can do the fight easily. Plus I wouldn't want them to nerf the fight because it's one of the few that pushes players reaction time, as the tank kiting and interrupting and making use of space is pretty rough but I like the challenge, it's refreshing.

Unlike most tanks I find it better to kite him strafing backwards so that your running to move him further faster that walking backwards, have dps have a target grapple bot macro. if you run out of space on the floor and have to bring him up on the little elevated floor make sure dps and heals get on also so that they don't los the tank or grapple bot if it spawns. Oh and use up all the space for mines, like all of it xD
    Last edited by Delmlord; 11-25-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

tbh manslaughter is one of the easiest bosses i killed in experts, quite frankly he is fine and may need some buffs even :/

Ascendant

1. You don't need to destroy the mines
    2. The dot can be cleansed before any major damage
    3. Expect pugs to be bad as most of them don't know their specs, and probably never will.

Move away from the mines, make a target macro with /target grapple.
    When he turns towards someone that is not the tank and starts casting rotary assault cannon, run.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

If you have no spacerun you should run during his canon-channel through the mines as a tank...no one gets dmg if the person avoid his redcircle and you only getting 2k dmg per mine so you can clear the half room and you can place again a lot of mines.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    I personally think he is fine. The group just needs to get the hang of it, I've killed him dozens of times with different guilds. He is one of the more challenging bosses ot of the experts but he's suppose to be. With the right group you can do the fight easily. Plus I wouldn't want them to nerf the fight because it's one of the few that pushes players reaction time, as the tank kiting and interrupting and making use of space is pretty rough but I like the challenge, it's refreshing.

Unlike most tanks I find it better to kite him strafing backwards so that your running to move him further faster that walking backwards, have dps have a target grapple bot macro. if you run out of space on the floor and have to bring him up on the little elevated floor make sure dps and heals get on also so that they don't los the tank or grapple bot if it spawns. Oh and use up all the space for mines, like all of it xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    1. You don't need to destroy the mines
    2. The dot can be cleansed before any major damage
    3. Expect pugs to be bad as most of them don't know their specs, and probably never will.
    Thanks for the replies. I totally understand how it's done, it just seems like a randomly assembled PUG is destined to failure on that fight every time. I just haven't found a group of 3 people (I roll with a buddy) who can dodge his attacks and manage to kill grapplebot or dodge the flamethrower consistently.

Also, I keep running into people coming into experts with 3 or 4 pieces of level 50 gear still equipped - but that's a separate issue entirely >_>

I got Patiman through this fight. Happy birthday.

/thread

Ascendant

I always extremely overheal the fight in a pug, the "dps check" portion of it can be done by 1 person just about. If someone else is the main healer I always go full heals (most likely sent) to help cleanse and keep people up during the pull in. Makes for a long fight but much easier to pull out a win.

Sword of Telara

Deffinately one of the harer expert bosses, but very much doable. Just need to be on the ball with 3 things:

1. Running when he starts his machine gun ability.
    2. Cleanses.
    3. The Infamous Grapplebot. (targeting macros help)

When tanking I just run over the mines during his machinegun ability to clear the room as much as possible.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Prophet of Telara

Few tips:

1. As tank pull him into main room and kite around so you dont stay in mines.

2. Dont dps mines, complete waste of time

3. Dont use any support or aoe heals because...

4. Takes like 20s if someone dies to run in an rejoin the fight so better to stack dps.

5. Make sure all dps are st no aoe specs like tacticiam which 99.99% of rogues seem to be playing.

6. Profit.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Ascendant

I have done this guy a few times essentially everyone has to be awake on this one.

The DPS need to get that grapplebot down in time, if that means running 1 healer then the tank can't be too squish or missing every single interrupt becuse yes the yellow dot can be cleansed but if you're using 1 healer they might need every GCD they have to keep the show on the road.

Rift Disciple

Our strat for this was...

Whenever the cannon assault is being cast we call it on mumble and start moving. Tank kites the boss and we designate one dps to kill all but one mine

Bot spawns. Mine blows on top of it and we finish it of

As long as people react to his yellow cast bar called rotary assault cannon i don't see how anyone can wipe in here.
    Granted when pugging expect the worse.
    Last edited by Valfador; 11-26-2012 at 11:36 PM.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

^ yea the gun run, also:

interrupt

#show Nature's Cleansing
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group01 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group02 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group03 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group04 Nature's Cleansing
    cast @group05 Nature's Cleansing

and

tar grapple

easy
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 11-26-2012 at 11:53 PM.
    who took my names!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast