+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Needing to have two healers for experts.

Rift Disciple

Default Needing to have two healers for experts.

This normal? Had to do foundry and tower of the shattered with me. A chloro, and a cleric healer.

Overseer cowel was a boss that was very damage intensive comes to mind.

Just wondering if this is normal.

At the beginning yes, once the tank and healer get some gear you can start using 1 healer. Puri/Chloro was a nice OP combination to get started.
    Last edited by Byona; 11-24-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Ascendant

Definitely at first 2 healers or a healer and a strong support (like deep defiler) is a requirement. Like Byona said, once you get gear it becomes much easier to solo heal.

hmm geared up through experts and had bard+tank healer and never had a issue.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

durr double post
    Last edited by Valfador; 11-25-2012 at 02:54 AM.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

I've found any ST healer and a Cleric tank to be sufficient for most content. There are some boss fights where more is needed, but my group usually consists of me (Sentinel) a Cleric tank, Harb/chloro, MM and whoever else is on. Our tank has 42k HP, crafted epic tanking helm and belt with epic augments. The content feels refreshing, but not altogether impossible.

Champion

You will need heal and you will need support heal. Some bosses are easier and others are a pain in the behind. As someone already said chloro and puri are a really good team, but i also done it with bards or the new support souls for rouges and clerics.

Problem is that the gear that the tank had before SL do not mean much. Our tanks went in with more or less full ID relics and yet it was hard for the healers to keep them up until they got their gear together and raised their stats. But also you as healer need the stats to catch up with the heal you need to put out.

I was thinking the other day how people are doing this with pugs. I mean what happen if a badly geared tank shows up (and for now, most tanks actually are badly geared) and the healer stand there with a warrior support or a archon. Or the healer is just fresh and or with bad gear and think they can throw a heal spell every now and then as in old experts before SL. Those pugs will go down the toilet at the first pull.

Imagine a random group with this comp: Warrior tank, warrior support, two warrior dps, mage healer. How do they complete the expert? Why can warriors queue as support? They designed experts to need a main healer and a support healer. A warrior can queue as support, but can't actually support heal. I've done quite a few experts and I've been bard throughout all of them and if I were trion, I wouldn't let a warrior queue as support.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    Imagine a random group with this comp: Warrior tank, warrior support, two warrior dps, mage healer. How do they complete the expert? Why can warriors queue as support? They designed experts to need a main healer and a support healer. A warrior can queue as support, but can't actually support heal. I've done quite a few experts and I've been bard throughout all of them and if I were trion, I wouldn't let a warrior queue as support.
    I agree with this. Right now with the way the content is, it is very possible for the LFG tool to make a group comp that just plain can't clear the dungeon even with great players. The comp you mentioned, for example, would not likely be able to kill the third boss in Tower of the Shattered, as well as a few others. (unless the mage was for some reason very well geared)

With that said, I haven't seen this issue come up very often. I'm happy the way things are with this difficulty.

I agree, although I enjoy playing a beastmaster. The correct solution would be to give warriors a bard equivalent healing option though. But trion is not going to do that, why, I have no idea.

I have found that as a rogue tank, clerics are extremely subpar at healing currently.
    99 percent of the 30 experts I have done this week was with a chloro who practically solod every fight, and on the two fights he can't it's because he either gets CCd etc.
    Then whenever another guildie or any other cleric tries to heal me my blood pressure shoots to the roof watching my health fluctuate and the raid members staying at low health.
    I also noticed that clerics need a lot of support on fights.
    Last edited by Zeypher; 11-25-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Clerics are probably using Puri to try to solo heal experts, that's why. Experts are all about Sentinel/Warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    I agree with this. Right now with the way the content is, it is very possible for the LFG tool to make a group comp that just plain can't clear the dungeon even with great players. The comp you mentioned, for example, would not likely be able to kill the third boss in Tower of the Shattered, as well as a few others. (unless the mage was for some reason very well geared)

With that said, I haven't seen this issue come up very often. I'm happy the way things are with this difficulty.
    I love how you need support now. But I'm a rogue, so... They definitely didn't develop warrior and mage support out very well at all. And I don't consider chloro support, since a full chloro can't buff and do 4-5k DPS like a bard can.

Plane Walker

Really a heal/offheal would be best. A bard can do wonders as a support being able to buff everyone and do so crazy healing with some pretty good dps at the same time when done right. You should not really need two purely heal focused party members to tackle it.

Beastmaster Paladin Warlord

Buffs, HoT, spot heals, 15% damage intercept on tank.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast