+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Asaomar

Thread: Where is the Tank gear?

Plane Touched

Default Where is the Tank gear?

Seriously, I have seen one tank piece (rogue dex based) in all my dungeon runs post 51. What is up with this? How am I suppose to gear up a tank? We more DPS gear. I have talked to others, and they haven't seen any warrior tanking gear either.

I didn't see a single dropped or quested piece of tank gear from 50->60. the only upgrades to my ID relic set I have made, were crafted pieces at 60(and stuff I've gotten from lv 60 dungeons). as such, I agree, they need to take a look at the loot tables a bit. Hard to have tanks for the dungeons when it is near impossible to gear for the dungeons.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

dbe
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Asaomar View Post
    I didn't see a single dropped or quested piece of tank gear from 50->60.
    That's because you only need toughness for experts, you get dodge/parry from your core stats, and the armor values tend to be the same as DPS gear.

In the final couple of regular dungeons there's some tank gear dropping. Also, at honored Torvian you can get level 60 essences for your source engine, that have tank stats. There's also gear from infinity stones which you get from invasions, and from quests in the last 2 zones.

Don't worry, it's not just tanks that are undergeared. All my hit and crit are gone in my dps gear.

the only upgrades to my ID relic set I have made
    If it has more armor and endurance, it's an upgrade for tanking. The 21 block or 35 parry are nothing compared to huge increases in armor value on higher level pieces. Your DPS gear is your tank gear (for now).
    Last edited by dbe; 11-24-2012 at 02:25 PM.

I've been getting mine from the carnage quest and such currency. I have gotten boots from protocol and a cape from Boneforge
    Even free cost too much now

Reminds me of this...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JImcvtJzIK8

If it has more Armor it's an upgrade, doesn't matter if the new piece has 35 AP and you lose 18 Dodge, if it has extra Armor take it without a second thought.
    Nope.

Rift Chaser

I ran normal dungeons at 60 for tank drops, bought items with Empyreal Sourcestones and Infinity Stones and the cape from the Torvan vendor. Took about 2-3 evenings to be able to enter experts, of course the stones come from leveling to 60 and I didn't gather all in 2-3 evenings. ;)

Anyone knows which expert drops a 100 toughness leather chest? Hunting for one for ages. Did the mistake to buy all the other pieces for expert marks and these drops like crazy but didn't see a chest piece dropping yet.
    Sharp - Moirae - Icewatch - EU
    http://moirae.guildlaunch.com
    Balaenae nobis conservandae sunt!

Rift Disciple

Tank gear is rare as hell. I did about 16-20 normal runs before dipping straight into experts. I have done over 40 expert dungeons by now, i have cleared the 10 man raid 2x and i have killed the first two bosses of the 20 man raid 2x and the 3rd boss 1x.

I am tanking with a dropped toughness piece from a rare mob in steppes (100 toughness piece) , a crafted helm, a crafted belt, 2x crafted rings and a shield from normal dungeons, rep bought cape and shoulders + feet i got from the dungeon currency.

Tank gear is rare as hell(rng and all that) , i have seen in all that time 1x cleric tank ring (expert quality) and 1x shield (normal dungeon quality) , and 1x mace i got from the 10 man raid (was tanking with a dps main hand for some time).

Be prepared for a rough ride gearing up for raids if the rng gods are not on your side.
    <Addiction>
    Trasgress - Greybriar - #1 Cleric Tank - How to Inquis in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Josiaha View Post
    Seriously, I have seen one tank piece (rogue dex based) in all my dungeon runs post 51. What is up with this? How am I suppose to gear up a tank? We more DPS gear. I have talked to others, and they haven't seen any warrior tanking gear either.
    Infinity Stone 4 pc -> run experts -> 10 mans etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Anyone knows which expert drops a 100 toughness leather chest? Hunting for one for ages. Did the mistake to buy all the other pieces for expert marks and these drops like crazy but didn't see a chest piece dropping yet.

Yeah me neither after all this farming, the drops are actually rare haha xD gj Trion
    Last edited by Delmlord; 11-25-2012 at 07:20 AM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

I made a similar post before about the lack of tank gear in instances and as quest rewards.

So far as a Rogue Tank, I have seen (in normals):

Stormbreaker Protocol: Tanking Boots and Shoulders

Golem Foundry: Tanking Bow (got dagger as a reward for first complete)

Archive of Flesh: Neck, Bow and melee weapon (think it was a sword)

Empyrean Core: Trinket proc on deflect/block Shield.

*For all of the weapons, the hit is only +25 which I think is too low for them to be of use to get you into experts.

I have yet to see a single tank item as a quest reward outside of an instance.

Have bought the tanking cape and chest from the stones vendor, then my head went tilt as I looked at the upgrade path for the chest and what was required.... A random rare drop off the last boss in the Archive of Flesh, I howled with laughter over that one before repeatedly banged my head on the desk in disbelief at such an epic fail on behalf of trion..... Truely? We have to repeatedly run an instance whilst levelling (ok so far) to possible get one of three of how many different variants of an item upgrade and then win the roll on it??? How many times were they expecting us to run it?? One guildie has seen an item upgrade drop.....

Anyway, you can see some loot drops on http://rift-mmorpg.com/

Plane Walker

I've seen rogue tank gear drop like candy in normals and experts. Yet to find any warrior tank gear unfortunately which I need. I seriously think rogue tank gear is the most common tank gear you find for some reason once your doing the level 58+ dungeons and through experts.

Telaran

Not found any tanking gear for my cleric either. I bought some at merchant for the tokens you get from carnage/rifts. It has block stuff on it but even upgraded lvl 54 version has a lot less armour then lvl 50ish quested dps/healing gear. Not sure what is up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Purutzil View Post
    I've seen rogue tank gear drop like candy in normals and experts. Yet to find any warrior tank gear unfortunately which I need. I seriously think rogue tank gear is the most common tank gear you find for some reason once your doing the level 58+ dungeons and through experts.
    Last nights run in normal Empyrian Core dropped two warrior tank items off the first two bosses (ofc we had no warrior in the group), The core itself dropped a cleric tanking shield. This we expect means no more tank drops for the next week or so.....

Our group that doesn't run a warrior is in-undated with warrior gear, to the point we think the Trion design is that as you enter the instance, it increase the % chance drop chance of any item that cannot be used by your current group to at least 80%.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gethzerion View Post
    Last nights run in normal Empyrian Core dropped two warrior tank items off the first two bosses (ofc we had no warrior in the group), The core itself dropped a cleric tanking shield. This we expect means no more tank drops for the next week or so.....

Our group that doesn't run a warrior is in-undated with warrior gear, to the point we think the Trion design is that as you enter the instance, it increase the % chance drop chance of any item that cannot be used by your current group to at least 80%.....
    This really does look like this or its a very nasty coincidence We've been running normals and experts and each time we didn't have a cleric, we've been getting cleric loot from every boss and when there was no warrior, we were getting plate from almost every boss as well.

I haven't been able to find any rogue tank chest in any of the experts so far. Hopefully something will drop in the 10 man (no luck so far either ^^).
    Sharp - Moirae - Icewatch - EU
    http://moirae.guildlaunch.com
    Balaenae nobis conservandae sunt!

+ Reply to Thread