+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: How are "normal tanks" supposed to tank 51+ dungeons ?

Shadowlander

Default How are "normal tanks" supposed to tank 51+ dungeons ?

Hello,

We ( normal tanks ) have serious problems with tanking all 51+ dungeons.

For me a normal tank is someone that HASNT farmed all 50 raids and is NOT FULL RAID stuffed.

How are tanks supposed to tank with the **** stuff we get ? we get insta OS by every dungeon mobs...

For example, i'm lvl 54 trying to tank Storm Breaker Protocol, and i CANT tank mobs with only 17k5 HP... ( and I'm not going to talk about Unhallowed Boneforge lol ).
    Packs just OS me.

About my stuff : I had to overfarm full "Depleted Empyreal Defender" set to get block and toughness on gear ( cause OFC quests doesn't give ANY tank stuff ). That's the stuff u buy with Empyreal sourcestones.
    I also have the ring of the same "set". ( full set value = around 120 empyreal sourcestone ) Rest of my stuff is 51-54 from pvp random chest reward (quite nice).

So, maybe it's me but I don't think it's actually possible to tank dungeons with the stuff we get from Storm Legion. New comers CANT tank. Only people with full raid set from lvl 50 can.
    This is sad.

I remember my first time as a tank on Storm Breaker Protocol, lvl 52 with 12k HP was funny how a party member had to respec tank with his full 50 raid stuff and 30k HP.

Well, please let me know if some people are able to tank Storm Breaker Protocol or Unhallowed Protocol with NEWCOMER stuff. I would like to know what "stuff and HP" u have.

Thanks

17K HP? as a warrior tank? What spec are you using? My warrior tank was lvl 53, sitting with 24,9K HP, when I first tried Protocal and I tanked the mobs pretty well. Even the healer commented that she was have an easy time healing.

Maybe you need to check the warrior guides sub-forums to find some better build for yourself.

Here, lemme give you a hand:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3981001

Enjoy!

Shadowlander

read post thx

u cant have 25k hp without expert 50 or raid gear
    Last edited by Sephirvine; 11-16-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sephirvine View Post
    read post thx

u cant have 25k hp without expert 50 or raid gear
    yes you can... this is simply an issue of you having bad gear/specs for the dungeons. do quests for a while

You have to be kidding me. I tanked Exodus of the storm, Storm Breaker Protocal and Unhallowed Boneforge FULL with T1 raid gear bought with marks of acension and and 3 pieces of T2 gear with undergeared mages as heals. The dungeons are 110% fine, their easy enough so don't try to talk for other "normal" tanks if you can't handle the new dungeons lol. ... tanking is my offspec too man come on

As for stats 24.8k hp rogue 88 toughness
    Last edited by Delmlord; 11-16-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Shadowlander

another guy that isnt able to read the post :)

u have raid gear.

Exodus is easy but its not a 51+ dungeon since we were able to do it before SL

Ascendant

another guy that isnt able to read the post :)

u have raid gear.

Exodus is easy but its not a 51+ dungeon since we were able to do it before SL
    So what your saying in your post is that you are undergeared.... i gave you a solution...

/thread

Shadowlander

aight so fresh 50 tank MUST overfarm raid ( that nobody want to do anymore ) to get stuff and be able to tank for SL ?

epic logic

I'm not saying that I'm undergeared, i'm saying that the stuff that quest/dungeon ( wait.. there is 0 tank stuff in dungeons ) gives, isnt enough to allow FRESH 50 to tank ( and there is no tanking stuff in quest rewards neither )
    Last edited by Sephirvine; 11-16-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Ascendant

aight so fresh 50 tank MUST overfarm raid ( that nobody want to do anymore ) to get stuff and be able to tank for SL ?

epic logic

I'm not saying that I'm undergeared, i'm saying that the stuff that quest/dungeon ( wait.. there is 0 tank stuff in dungeons ) gives, isnt enough to allow FRESH 50 to tank ( and there is no tanking stuff in quest rewards neither )
    go to cape jule... do quests... get loot... equip loot... do dungeons... win. Step by step.

Telaran

epic logic

The devs have already stated they expect you to have post 50 tank gear if you are fresh to the game in order to do the dungeons. Sorry, but 50 is simply the earliest you can access it if you have the gear, for those that don't, you have to wait a while. The standard greens and blues that you get form random trash etc is more then sufficient to handle the content.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    go to cape jule... do quests... get loot... equip loot... do dungeons... win. Step by step.
    i'm off with your ******ness

i've cleaned Cape Jule, Seratos and Pelladane and stuff is bull****s like everything u can say

@Rethan Sorrowsoul

aight so fresh 50's arent allowed to tank. epic game.

"The standard greens and blues that you get form random trash etc is more then sufficient to handle the content."

Yes except tanking in dungeons :/
    Last edited by Sephirvine; 11-16-2012 at 11:31 PM.

This reminds me of Eq2, people complaining that you need raid gear to tank stuff. Then one of the good players from my RAID GUILD busts out an alt in garbage gear and performs well.

Always made me thinking tanking/healing was more about the player and less the gear...or something.

Obviously there is limitations but, I don't trust people. Just years of running group zones in Eq2 with my parse on. I've had tanks who lose aggro to 1 spell by the time the mobs at 50% - can't time snaps or oh crap buttons, healers who avoid some of their best buttons, and DPS who seemingly go out of their way to hit incredibly wrong buttons.

I honestly don't buy that you need raid gear to do this. But I have yet to see a post in all my years of MMO'ing where someone says "hey, I'm pretty bad and don't hit the correct buttons - just setting the record straight that I am the problem, not my gear". It's always a pointed finger :/ Raiders are first to get thrown under the bus as elitists with too good of gear to realize what is and isn't doable. If anything the raiders could probably do all the zones find in crap gear. A successful raid guild plays smart, the gear just makes it all look better. That is why raiders are often better at this stuff. Pretty sure any good raid guild could throw a group together in non-raid gear and do level/gear appropriate zones.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I think I see what you're saying, but you come off sounding a tad unreasonable. It sucks that there's new content and higher levels and old gear isn't cutting it. We all have to step it up a notch. And I don't see how you could expect a fresh 50 to be able to tank the new content when they are still gearing up for the original experts.

And why don't you have any raid gear? If you can farm SL, why haven't you farmed expert/master dungeons like the rest of us did? Dunno what server you're on, but on Faeblight there were pugs doing weekly raid quests and clearing GSB in like 30 min. You could almost sit back while the ID-geared folks do all the work and pass on loot. Or try farming DH and GP, only 10 folks needed. My rogue has ~24k HP (lvl 50) and that's not any full sets, just stuff patched together...I haven't even finished RoS and barely looked into HK. Haven't set foot in RotP, PF, or ID.

On a personal note, it's quite depressing to see new green gear better than the purples I worked so hard to get.
    Last edited by Juddo; 11-16-2012 at 11:59 PM.

As long as there is more than one player, PvP will be imbalanced.

Ascendant

i'm off with your ******ness

i've cleaned Cape Jule, Seratos and Pelladane and stuff is bull****s like everything u can say

@Rethan Sorrowsoul

aight so fresh 50's arent allowed to tank. epic game.

"The standard greens and blues that you get form random trash etc is more then sufficient to handle the content."

Yes except tanking in dungeons :/
    LOL ok. By your own admission you admitted through your language you are immature. Through your actual statements, you stated you can't tank. I am sorry. Look at the warrior guides. Good luck

Plane Touched

I'm a tank that was HK/ID geared and i can totally understand the thread starter.

Who is interested in doing an old raid nowadays? None, all busy leveling up.
    I'm lvl 54 and from everything i've seen so far in the new content 0 drops with touphness. Ofc this is normal - like the normal dungeons pre-exp, touphness started coming up on a later stage.

But for a fresh 50 that has not done any raids, it will be difficult tanking even exodus of storm queen.
    What i advice for the friend who wants to tank - is look at craftable gear, this will help him get some gear that would definatelly. Also if you belong to a nice guild - i guess asking them to spend 30 minutes to do a GSB or ROS raid so you can get some gear wont be a problem to them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast