Closed Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree354Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Maelforge World First

Quote Originally Posted by Skrumpy View Post
    Wow.. this is legendary. I mean I really don't know what to think at this point. This will inevitably be a black stain on NQ that will haunt them well into the future. It looks like NQ are the scapegoats for exploitation. I'm definitely not condoning what they did, but I think it is somewhat unfair for Trion to drop the bomb squarely in their court. I would love to see further investigations and see anyone who exploited Rusila/Laethys/etc to be equally called out. Also, there was so much of this exploiting going on in ID it is kind of crazy this is the first thing we are hearing about it from Trion. I mean after 11 guilds have killed Maelforge and several weeks after the instance was first cleared. Late much? I honestly hope more testing goes into SL content (please Trion don't make the same mistake of having guilds test content out, there are such a thing as paid/unpaid interns) which will hopefully prevent some of this stuff from happening in the future.
    Guilds testing clearly has nothing to do with this, since it was No Quarter who so frantically needed it to be known that they hadn't gone anywhere near the testing scene, whereas guilds like Voodoo and Trinity, and Terrible Idea accomplished what they did without exploiting a single thing.
    Morseus - P80 Defiant Mage
    Durandal - P70 Defiant Warrior
    Varkas - P3x Defiant Rogue

Wow.. this is legendary. I mean I really don't know what to think at this point. This will inevitably be a black stain on NQ that will haunt them well into the future. It looks like NQ are the scapegoats for exploitation. I'm definitely not condoning what they did, but I think it is somewhat unfair for Trion to drop the bomb squarely in their court. I would love to see further investigations and see anyone who exploited Rusila/Laethys/etc to be equally called out. Also, there was so much of this exploiting going on in ID it is kind of crazy this is the first thing we are hearing about it from Trion. I mean after 11 guilds have killed Maelforge and several weeks after the instance was first cleared. Late much? I honestly hope more testing goes into SL content (please Trion don't make the same mistake of having guilds test content out, there are such a thing as paid/unpaid interns) which will hopefully prevent some of this stuff from happening in the future.
    Wow, something I agree with you on.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    That includes 10+ guilds. Sounds good to me too.

And I'm also not with the group advocating anything. I never used a single exploit. I simply just don't think it's fair to strip us of a title, most of us don't even care in the first place though so enjoy that SO/Trinity/PB. I'm just saying this was months ago and it has now been brought up by an old, distraught raid member. What's done is done. We lose our title, we move on to Storm Legion and all is well.

/thread
    You know what. You're an okay guy RoughRaptors. Hopefully we can see a bit more friendly competition in the future instead of the current toxic atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Wow, something I agree with you on.
    Of course you agree, he's downplaying what you guys did.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Torme View Post
    There really wasn't any competition. You still lost
    No, they didn't. I love reading all of NQ's "justifications" on how they were justified in knowingly exploiting a mob because "it had been done in the past." Get real kids. Your ruse was uncovered, verified by Trion, and you should just take your slap on the wrist and move on. All your whining is going to undoubtedly make it worse in the long run.
    Gimpaholic
    <The Grubs>
    8/8 ID
    www.thegrubs.net
    Laethys

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Silus View Post
    Guilds testing clearly has nothing to do with this, since it was No Quarter who so frantically needed it to be known that they hadn't gone anywhere near the testing scene, whereas guilds like Voodoo and Trinity, and Terrible Idea accomplished what they did without exploiting a single thing.
    The whole point of testing is to figure out bugs/exploits/etc before they reach live. With adequate testing the Rusila Wrathful Flame bug would have been discovered before it went live. It has nothing to do with NQ, it was just my push for more intensive testing, preferably not based solely on Rift raiding guilds who can withhold information that could be seen as beneficial to their own progression.

Shadowlander

Yeah, I have plenty of friends looking for internships, everyone in college does, and half of them would be incredibly stoked to work for Q&A on a game like RIFT.

Shadowlander

The whole point of testing is to figure out bugs/exploits/etc before they reach live. With adequate testing the Rusila Wrathful Flame bug would have been discovered before it went live. It has nothing to do with NQ, it was just my push for more intensive testing, preferably not based solely on Rift raiding guilds who can withhold information that could be seen as beneficial to their own progression.
    Here here. Having raiding guilds do part of the testing is a fantastic way to extend a hand to the community, but it has problems of its own. If this testing was intensively overseen, or paralleled by more inhouse testing it could be fantastic, instead of potentially devestating to the "competative" raiding scene.

That's fair to want higher quality testing, I can agree to that, it's just hard to know who you're going to get when you sign on guilds to help out. In a way, top-end guilds make for the best testers, because they're more than likely the ones who'll find these bugs by actually looking for them. Unfortunately, that's only in an ideal world and you're going to get the people who withhold info for an advantage. That's a conversation for another thread, methinks.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sharogy View Post
    no exploit on drak is ever used, reason? that boss isnt worth the effort to think up an exploit for it, not sure what ur claims are based on.

There is an exploit already for Warboss, we found out about it by accident and then promply reported it to Trion.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Silus View Post
    Of course you agree, he's downplaying what you guys did.
    I'm not downplaying anything. I said I don't condone what they did. However, to claim they were the only ones doing it is an abject falsehood of epic proportions. I remember complaining on the forums about the Rusila exploits and Trion never said a peep. Just quietly fixed it (much later). Why are they coming out now? Why with such voracity? Why so selective? To me it seems like NQ is being made an example of. I would like to see everyone who exploited in ID right up there with them. Make examples out of them all.

Well it seems to me from reading that post that they did use logs, determined a guild(s) used what they considered an exploit and that another one didn't.
    Last edited by Sonic Rain Boom; 08-09-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Quote Removal
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    So much for our guild being friends...I'm done here aside from one last post I'll make a bit later that I've been working on for a day. World first is world first, doesn't matter what the achievement shows.
    World First Exploited You've Got Maelforge = NQ
    World First Legit You've Got Maelforge = SO

I know which one i'd prefer... and it aint yours. I can't actually believe you're sitting here trying to defend your bunch of merry cheaters who've hidden these exploits away for MONTHS. Awful.

Ascendant

I guess it is fair to say the mounts will be taken away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Shadowlander

This just makes the time Ahov was on the Faeblight server offering to "teach clerics how to play" for a fee even funnier because his selling point was being part of a world first Maelforge kill. He was laughed off the server. I love everything about this right now.
    Last edited by Pandub; 08-09-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast