+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: ID Loot - Top to Bottom overhaul needed

Default ID Loot - Top to Bottom overhaul needed

ID was supposed to be the next TIER of PvE advancement. To avoid a TLDR message let me point out a few of the most glaring WTFs with ID Itemization.

1) The biggest PvE upgrade for almost every class since Patch 1.8 is ..... THE CONQUEST TRINKET. Far surpasses the value of upgrading any HK relic armor piece to ID relic, getting a Maelforge chest (even a "fixed" one lol), or even any of the weapons aside from Maelforge epics.

[Edit]

2) The value of upgrading most classes HK relic legs to ID Relic legs (Cleric and Warrior in particular) is equivalent to the dps upgrade that can be gained from 10-20 PA levels. So hmm... Laethys drop + 150 ID marks = 1 day of PA farming. The Regular Infernal Cleric legs are actually a DPS loss over the HK relic ones.

[Edit]

3) Upgrading rings, shoulders, chests etc in ID which is only even an option for about a dozen guilds in the game ... mostly results in side-grades or downgrades and yields no BiS items for any class.

[Edit]

[Edit] The marginal upgrades, sidegrades, even downgrades, along with the actual itemization bugs and the weakness of the ID GEAR upgrades compared to PA points or Conquest buffs and trinkets is really disappointing and a major concern when considering whether or not to buy the xpansion.
    Last edited by Alyn; 08-10-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Telaran

Don't forget how bad the ID crafted items are.

Other than the boot upgrade piece, the cleric dps ring, and the mage dagger everything else is pretty much garbage. The Parry on all the tank rings show an especially keen understanding of the itemization value of tank stats in this game.

Add to that many of the upgradable epic armor pieces lose value when upgraded to relic, gaining nothing more than synnergy with crystals via the upgrade.

Set pieces need an across-the-board 1% to 2% stat value increase and drops should be boosted 2.5% to 3%. And while they're at it, trinket drops need to either have flat stats added to them or their proc rates increased... or both.

And while they're at it, fix the stupid RNG issue that is causing several guilds to NEVER see weapon drops even after months of farming. Or give us a currency that drops from said boss (Shard of Conclave) that can be turned into the weapon after X kills, then retroactively grant said shards to those who've been farming said bosses.

They're not going to waste time itemizing gear that is going to be pointless so soon. 50 isn't going to matter next major game update. But ID will be a cool old content raid zone. Can only hope for better itemization in SL.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-09-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Chaser

Your "top to bottom" overhaul argument is based on 1 item? (Trinket) sad...items should be HUGE upgrades as it increases mudflation. Itemization is fine...and the crafted items should be huge upgraded as they are freebee items..the first boss is really a pushovers as are the mini bosses..no hard mechanics and no gearcheck...this is a really bad argument made in this thread

I've kind of been underwhelmed by how they approached weapons for casters. Non-caster have a bit more weapon drops both epic and Infusable before Laethys (including PF here.)

Casters? Nope nope nope. Unless you're the archon.

Caster Infusable Before Laethys:
    Sands of the Scion

Non-caster Infusable Before Laethys:
    Charred Songblade
    Tarnished Fiery Scythe
    Rusila's Slicer
    Rusila's Shank
    Seed of Creeping Vines

Not a single mh/oh/staff before Laethys for casters that can have a chance at the heart for an awesome upgrade.
    Last edited by Riane; 08-09-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    ID was supposed to be the next TIER of PvE advancement. To avoid a TLDR message let me point out a few of the most glaring WTFs with ID Itemization.

1) The biggest PvE upgrade for almost every class since Patch 1.8 is ..... THE CONQUEST TRINKET. Far surpasses the value of upgrading any HK relic armor piece to ID relic, getting a Maelforge chest (even a "fixed" one lol), or even any of the weapons aside from Maelforge epics.

[Edit]

2) The value of upgrading most classes HK relic legs to ID Relic legs (Cleric and Warrior in particular) is equivalent to the dps upgrade that can be gained from 10-20 PA levels. So hmm... Laethys drop + 150 ID marks = 1 day of PA farming. The Regular Infernal Cleric legs are actually a DPS loss over the HK relic ones.

[Edit]

3) Upgrading rings, shoulders, chests etc in ID which is only even an option for about a dozen guilds in the game ... mostly results in side-grades or downgrades and yields no BiS items for any class.

[Edit]

[Edit] The marginal upgrades, sidegrades, even downgrades, along with the actual itemization bugs and the weakness of the ID GEAR upgrades compared to PA points or Conquest buffs and trinkets is really disappointing and a major concern when considering whether or not to buy the xpansion.
    No need really. Storm Legion greens will be better than ID relics anyway.
    Last edited by Alyn; 08-10-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    While I'm as excited as the next guy for a level-cap increase and new gear, hopefully it won't be *that* bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Rift Disciple

Well said.

When I got my first piece of ID gear it was the Cleric Chest. I had an HK drop before that and gained all of 6 Spellpower. That was a bit of a disappointment.

And usually the Vendor/Mark gear is better than drops--that's "Super F-d up" as well. If you kill something only available in raids, it should be an awesome piece. The vendor stuff should give you set bonuses like the 4 piece crystals, but also you get moar bonuses as you add 5, 6, and 7 pieces.

make it like Crit caps, in that there are diminishing returns, so you have to evaluate if you still want to wear that necrotic chest piece.

But yes, itemization is weird, needs attention and it should either be done or explained how hard it is so we can understand and quit whinning.

I just want to know why Clerics have zero 2h hammer epics in this tier. We can get two staves (one in ID, one in PF), neither of which can be upgraded by a Maelforge heart. I like hitting things with big hammers. This makes me sad.
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I've kind of been underwhelmed by how they approached weapons for casters. Non-caster have a bit more weapon drops both epic and Infusable before Laethys (including PF here.)

Casters? Nope nope nope. Unless you're the archon.

Caster Infusable Before Laethys:
    Sands of the Scion

Non-caster Infusable Before Laethys:
    Charred Songblade
    Tarnished Fiery Scythe
    Rusila's Slicer
    Rusila's Shank
    Seed of Creeping Vines

Not a single mh/oh/staff before Laethys for casters that can have a chance at the heart for an awesome upgrade.
    This has been a source of great frustration. Honestly weapons should work more like Charred Boots imo, so the guild can decide who gets a weapon when rather than it being 100% RNG. The way it works now you can go between tiers of content with an entire class corps not getting a single relic. What they did with Laethys is absurd. Mage staff, Rogue bow, and Cleric/Mage OH all on one boss? Meanwhile the Warrior Scythe drops off of one of the easiest bosses in the dungeon. We're handing DPS relics to our tanks while the casters sit on the sidelines emptying tissue boxes. We are backlogged on Hearts of Maelforge for when an upgradeable weapon actually drops.

Ridiculous.

I think we can all agree that the itemization in ID was a failure. I think we can also agree that there were a lot of mistakes made with regards to how loot worked in ID.

However we must also realize that at this point its not really important at all since Storm Legion is coming out with 10 more levels which will make ID gear obsolete eventually. I caution folks saying that ID gear will be pointless upon the release of SL because thats simply not true. One must simply look back to EI release to see that. The better your gear, the faster you level and progress, and the further along you can take your gear without needing to replace pieces. Those geared out in ID will be much better off then those not geared out. But yes... by 60 the gear will most likely be all replaced.

So point is... why worry about the itemization much at this point unless there are glaring stat mistakes such as missing endo on the egg chests.

Ascendant

I think that those who're upset with the itemization of ID aren't taking the farsighted implications into consideration.

1) the larger the gap between tiers, the quicker stat inflation takes off.

2) the larger the stats grow, the more trivial overland content becomes.

3) the higher the stat gain, the more earlier content loses its challenge (and in my opinion, becomes less fun).

4) increased jumps in gear also negatively affects PvP.

I'm on my phone, so I can't elaborate.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    This is false. Purple gear between leveling tiers lasted at least until the next set of blues. Example: Level 30 Purple Planar items lasted at least until your first level 40 Blues. I assume this'll hold true in the expansion. I figure ID raid gear will let you bypass the new basic 60 Dungeons and head straight into 60 Experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanalia View Post
    I just want to know why Clerics have zero 2h hammer epics in this tier. We can get two staves (one in ID, one in PF), neither of which can be upgraded by a Maelforge heart. I like hitting things with big hammers. This makes me sad.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/FEEBDCE0...-Mount-Carcera

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    This has been a source of great frustration. Honestly weapons should work more like Charred Boots imo, so the guild can decide who gets a weapon when rather than it being 100% RNG. The way it works now you can go between tiers of content with an entire class corps not getting a single relic. What they did with Laethys is absurd. Mage staff, Rogue bow, and Cleric/Mage OH all on one boss? Meanwhile the Warrior Scythe drops off of one of the easiest bosses in the dungeon. We're handing DPS relics to our tanks while the casters sit on the sidelines emptying tissue boxes. We are backlogged on Hearts of Maelforge for when an upgradeable weapon actually drops.

Ridiculous.
    This.. this entirely.

I was excited to be able to have my chance at an Infusable item (before Laethys) but... when I realized that there weren't any available to us at all I was just so damn disappointed. Was even hoping that the PF caster dagger would be infusable like the non-caster version. Y U DO DIS TRION

Did you read what Chanalia said at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Chanalia View Post
    Last edited by Riane; 08-10-2012 at 10:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast