+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Trick for Laethys

Plane Touched

Default Trick for Laethys

I won't pretend to be an expert in Killing her, my first kill was this week.
    However I found a trick it a little easier for us to down her.
    I hadn't seen this suggested before either.

I just played it like a 32/31/3 Senticar But I used
    44 Sent/12 Justicar/10 Inquisitor

The reason i made/tried this build was to see if Vigilance prevented people from dying to the orbs, and if you time it right (don't let it get wasted by sub), It does save them.
    With a 2 min cool down I saved 2 people in phases 2/3 almost every attempt.

Just wanted to point this little gem out from Zibnik a few threads back. Id quote it but it wont let me for some reason.

"Vigilance, Your health literally cannot go below 1 health before it triggers. If you took a million points of damage, you would live and end up at with health equal to the healing value on Vigilance + 1"

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Alternatively...just stack properly and don't be too far back to let orb travel time make the orb landing concurrent with subjugation? The only time orbs should be a problem is if someone's standing too far back.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMageNerfDelivery View Post
    Alternatively...just stack properly and don't be too far back to let orb travel time make the orb landing concurrent with subjugation? The only time orbs should be a problem is if someone's standing too far back.
    We started off with the "brez" out of them system.. then the try and save them with CD system...... but tbh... in the end... the best option is just having people play smart and stack. The Orbs will not hit at the same time.. and will not hit for almost anything. The trick?... people understanding how to stack and move as a group if necessary depending upon her mechanic timing. If you can get through phase 1.. that hopefully wont be an issue in phase 2, provided folks dont have a major case of tunnel vision.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    We started off with the "brez" out of them system.. then the try and save them with CD system...... but tbh... in the end... the best option is just having people play smart and stack. The Orbs will not hit at the same time.. and will not hit for almost anything. The trick?... people understanding how to stack and move as a group if necessary depending upon her mechanic timing. If you can get through phase 1.. that hopefully wont be an issue in phase 2, provided folks dont have a major case of tunnel vision.
    really people should be used to the "move and stack" mechanic from Herald and Akylios by now

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by hellshound38 View Post
    I won't pretend to be an expert in Killing her, my first kill was this week.
    However I found a trick it a little easier for us to down her.
    I hadn't seen this suggested before either.

I just played it like a 32/31/3 Senticar But I used
    44 Sent/12 Justicar/10 Inquisitor

The reason i made/tried this build was to see if Vigilance prevented people from dying to the orbs, and if you time it right (don't let it get wasted by sub), It does save them.
    With a 2 min cool down I saved 2 people in phases 2/3 almost every attempt.
    I assume you're referring to someone having the orb by theirself? If so, that's not really a good strategy imo. If the add tank gets it you can HC them; otherwise, stacking is a much better method.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Except that one time when she decided to Subjugate at the exact moment the orb hit. That was superfuntime.
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

Quote Originally Posted by Synergis View Post
    Just wanted to point this little gem out from Zibnik a few threads back. Id quote it but it wont let me for some reason.

"Vigilance, Your health literally cannot go below 1 health before it triggers. If you took a million points of damage, you would live and end up at with health equal to the healing value on Vigilance + 1"
    Was not aware of these cheats. REPORTED!

But seriously, the tooltip/info for the ability does not suggest anything like this in detail, Trion hiding some OP abilities.
    Defendor :: Mage :: Greybriar
    :: Trinity ::

Quote Originally Posted by SelfTitled View Post

But seriously, the tooltip/info for the ability does not suggest anything like this in detail, Trion hiding some OP abilities.
    Similar, Mien of Honor doesn't state that it makes DoL into god mode, and Tempest/Cyclone Strike don't state that they make threatbuilding trivial.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 07-25-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanalia View Post
    Except that one time when she decided to Subjugate at the exact moment the orb hit. That was superfuntime.
    TRUE STORY.

Ahov... RNG BABY... RNG!

The last person to use deep Sentinel in our guild got guild kicked. During Maelforge. True story. Ask Whitelady.

To quote Whitelady: "I'm done."

Quote Originally Posted by SelfTitled View Post

Official response about it

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik
    As far as the general perception of 51 Sentinel, being less desirable than say, 51 Purifier? Yes, totally, for reasons beyond even the basic evaluations of individual spells. However, I just want to point out the best part about Vigilance that is always forgotten, particularly when compared with Latent Blaze:

You cannot die with Vigilance.

Your health literally cannot go below 1 health before it triggers. If you took a million points of damage, you would live and end up at with health equal to the healing value on Vigilance + 1. Latent Blaze only procs the heal if, after a hit, you end up between 1 health and 30% health.

Also yes, Marked by the Light has no GCD and no cooldown, meaning that while you're single target healing, you can just constantly put out extra AE healing.

Anyway, resume normal feedback. Back to secret stuff I can't talk about.
    From further testing by people like No_Exit it was actually you won't go below 20% with it and then it heals you and Zinbik confirmed that was the way it should worked and he should have double checked before he made that first post.

If it is OP then Trion does not mind!

So...Can we please have more informative tool tips back?

Yes I used this most oportune moment to make this case for better tool tips shamelessly.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    The last person to use deep Sentinel in our guild got guild kicked. During Maelforge. True story. Ask Whitelady.

To quote Whitelady: "I'm done."
    Confirm: they are the same person who used even justice on Dollin? I forget.
    Last edited by Ahov; 07-25-2012 at 08:26 PM.

To each their own, if it works let it work. There's never gonna be one single strategy for a fight this complex.

Many different strats have been shown to work, so I could care less how it's done as long as point A leads to point B.
    Aegis Mage
    New stuff dead, need more dragons.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by VidaPura View Post
    To each their own, if it works let it work. There's never gonna be one single strategy for a fight this complex.

Many different strats have been shown to work, so I could care less how it's done as long as point A leads to point B.
    what counts is the result, not how it was achieved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast