+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: TRION priorities out of touch with playerbase

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    He doesn't believe in tank mitigation according to his other post.

PFalcon, did you manage to do 51 WL this week?
    Almost! The 44 did pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by PFalcon View Post
    Almost! The 44 did pretty well.
    I pity your healers.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

I pity your healers.
    I pity YOUR healers. This fight is just not that well-designed. For all of us. Whether you like it or not, it's costing more Rift subs than it is keeping.
    Laethys is actually not as hard as Ituziel. Relatively straightforward to be honest. It's just more concretely demanding as opposed to hoopjumping demanding.
    Events don't kill you at laethys. Easily defined insufficiency does.

Laethys is actually easier, because its problems are easier to define and develop solutions for.

ID is fine except for Ituziel. Ituziel is the only thing wrong.

You all will quickly see that you confuse laethys being hard with you being the only one at laethys. Teams would not do so bad on her as they are on ituziel. You'd be surprised.

Rift Master

Has ID really been out long enough to cause guilds to break up over it?

Ascendant

The numbers just aren't there. DPS isn't going up with new ID gear every week. HPS isn't going up.Mit isn't going up. Many teams are better than maxed HK now.
    DPS and HPS is going up with every week in ID. Fact! not PFiction.

And Ituziel still needs to take it easy on people.
    Ituziel is fine. If you can't down Ituziel, gear up and stop herp derping.

It's inflexible play demand. Gear isn't going to help. People blame all sorts of things on why raid teams wipe. They usually just pick the easiest thing most apparent. They have no training or experience in weeding out confounders.
    Gear always helps. Those that don't believe so don't understand math.

Your gear isn't the difference. Your gear is a surrogate for how long you've tanked. You play the tank differently. Your other tank isn't doing something correctly.
    Tanking Ituziel isn't rocket science, learn the swap mechanics, angle yourself for the kicks, dead ituziel. People complaining about the difficulty of the tanking/tank healing are just plain bad.

Ascendant

Ituziel isn't a gearcheck. End of story. Teams still fail him over and over because he has several concurrent zero tolerance policies. Trion should back off one or two of them. It's not entertainment for a lion's share of Trion's paying raiding players. It's just not worth it, which is why people are quitting in numbers at 1 and 2/8 in ID that makes people quitting at 5/8 irrelevant.
    Ituziel has ZERO zero tolerance policies. ZERO. NADA. NIX. Nought. Nothing. You have to fail massively on Ituziel to have issues. Massive failures shouldn't expect to kill him.

I pity YOUR healers. This fight is just not that well-designed. For all of us. Whether you like it or not, it's costing more Rift subs than it is keeping.
    Laethys is actually not as hard as Ituziel. Relatively straightforward to be honest. It's just more concretely demanding as opposed to hoopjumping demanding.

Laethys is actually easier, because its problems are easier to define and develop solutions for.

You all will quickly see that you confuse laethys being hard with you being the only one at laethys. Teams would not do so bad on her as they are on ituziel. You'd be surprised.
    I don't see why you would pity my healers. They have no problems at all with Ituzial. My LB didn't even proc this week and we still killed it at the 5 min mark.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

[edit]

Laethys is a nice, comfortable place to be stuck at. She's relatively straightforward. Demanding, straight dps and hps checks. Not a lot of hoopjumping going on. She's like a FFXI boss without all the WoW environment nonsense bullcrap. She just straight wrecks you.

She doesn't suckerpunch like ituziel. I do not envy teams stuck on Ituziel right now. Laethys is more forgiving.
    Last edited by Augureze; 05-24-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: removed rude comments

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Ituziel was killed in hours. It's been two weeks and Laethys has not been killed. You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him? The answer is...NO!. END OF STORY, my god dude.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 05-24-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Ascendant

Events don't kill you at laethys.
    You really don't have ANY idea what you are talking about do you? There are more insta-kill mechanics in the Laethys encounter than in all of HK.

Which is why it is apparent you haven't progressed on Laethys at all.

If a team is having trouble with Ituziel, then they will be decimated by Laethys. Ituziel is an absolute joke compared to Laethys. Let me know when you've gotten to P3 in laethys...
    Last edited by Durango; 05-24-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Ascendant

I don't see why you would pity my healers. They have no problems at all with Ituzial. My LB didn't even proc this week and we still killed it at the 5 min mark.
    I pity your healers because the fight doesn't do a good job of making rewarding challenge.
    It's just Simon Belmont trying to jump in the medusa stage.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    If a team is having trouble with Ituziel, then they will be decimated by Laethys. Ituziel is an absolute joke compared to Laethys. Let me know when you've gotten to P3 in laethys...
    [edit]

Laethys is straightforward challenge. Ituziel is a bunch of hoopjumping nonsense.
    Ituziel isn't a training ground for her. Completely different challenge sets.
    Last edited by Augureze; 05-24-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: removed rude comments

Ascendant

Laethys is a nice, comfortable place to be stuck at. She's relatively straightforward. Demanding, straight dps and hps checks. Not a lot of hoopjumping going on.
    Keep proving that you have no clue what you are talking about.

She doesn't suckerpunch like ituziel. I do not envy teams stuck on Ituziel right now. Laethys is more forgiving.
    If you think Laethys is more forgiving...

Ascendant

[edit]

Laethys is straightforward challenge. Ituziel is a bunch of hoopjumping nonsense.
    Laethys has both more hoops and smaller hoops and the hoops actually move. And there are hoops inside of hoops. And hoops that are false hoops. And hoops inside of hoops that move. If you think Ituziel has hoops, then you'll fail on laethys completely.

But lets just step back for a moment, how far have you gotten laethys...
    Last edited by Augureze; 05-24-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: removed reply to a comment that was removed

I've seen some really mediocre guilds down Ituziel. Guilds that don't work together within their calling to optimise the specs that they're using will not kill him. It should only be a difficult fight for maybe 5 people in your raid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast