+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gyle
  • 1 Post By Ladara

Thread: Trying to Learn My Class

Default Trying to Learn My Class

Maybe I'm just complaining, but what is with all the high level players, like 30+, doing RotF? I am trying to learn the proper way to play my class and I get really annoyed with these players joining thinking it will be ok, because they can carry the group. Am I the only one who doesn't want to be carried? Do me a favor and don't ruin my experience chasing whatever thing it is you are chasing. If you need something from there, run it yourself, as you are obviously capable. Thanks for reading!

I hear this a lot from leveling players and what they don't realize is there is a quest line at level 50 that requires you to do all of the dungeons in normal mode. You can't do the level 50 version. So most likely that 50 doesn't want to be in your group any more than you want him there.

Blame Trion, not the people forced into the zone by a quest.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Can they not just run it alone?

Quote Originally Posted by agumentas View Post
    Can they not just run it alone?
    Possibly, but it's quicker and easier to just queue specific and get ported in and out. If being carried through the occasional dungeon offends you so much, you're at liberty to drop out of the group yourself.

Champion

I seriously doubt the problem is significant enough to worry about. If it bothers you that much you can always form a group on your own with friends or guild members.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

I q as tank, and am fairly new to this game, so I dont have any friends yet. What I am getting from everyone so far is it's my fault for playing appropriate level material? I am the one being inconvienant? I have on numerous occassions voted to kick the person, but that takes 8 minutes from the start of the dungeon. On the same token to what everyone else is saying shouldn't the high level players find friends and guild mates to run with? Why am I the one who is getting the rude replies to this?

I q as tank, and am fairly new to this game, so I dont have any friends yet. What I am getting from everyone so far is it's my fault for playing appropriate level material?
    No, what we are saying is it's not a problem and get over it.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Champion

I q as tank, and am fairly new to this game, so I dont have any friends yet. What I am getting from everyone so far is it's my fault for playing appropriate level material? I am the one being inconvienant? I have on numerous occassions voted to kick the person, but that takes 8 minutes from the start of the dungeon. On the same token to what everyone else is saying shouldn't the high level players find friends and guild mates to run with? Why am I the one who is getting the rude replies to this?
    Noone is being rude we're simply stating that what you perceive as a problem is a non-issue. You certainly will not encounter higher level players in every RotF that you do. Also in a matter of weeks (or less) you will be level 50 and participating in end game content. Will you be angry when you are trying to do GSB and players in HK/ID gear join your group? Simply put, unless you are on the bleeding edge of progression there will always likely be someone who outlevels/outgears the instance you are in and it will be made easier as a result. The best option you have is to join a guild with people who are at your level of progression and enjoy the game with them.
    Last edited by Ladara; 04-29-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    RNG is everything

Someday that lvl 50 in ROTF will be you.
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    I hear this a lot from leveling players and what they don't realize is there is a quest line at level 50 that requires you to do all of the dungeons in normal mode. You can't do the level 50 version. So most likely that 50 doesn't want to be in your group any more than you want him there.

Blame Trion, not the people forced into the zone by a quest.
    If you mean the life and death sagas it's not really a level 50 quest line. You can do it at the appropriate level in each zone and at the right level it can be quite challenging.'

People leave it till they reach 50, they were in too much of a hurry or they just want to easy mode the quest line. That's hardly Trions fault.
    Last edited by Glamour; 04-30-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    If you mean the life and death sagas it's not really a level 50 quest line. You can do it at the appropriate level in each zone and at the right level it can be quite challenging.'

People leave it till they reach 50, they were in too much of a hurry or they just want to easy mode the quest line. That's hardly Trions fault.
    Yes, you are entirely capable of doing it as you level up, if you are even aware that the quest line exists. Also it requires that you run instances while leveling which not all people do. I soloed my way to level 50 and only then found the Endless quest line. I actually still have never done this quest, but many people reach level 50 without even realizing they were supposed to have done all of these quests while leveling.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Champion

I did normal Iron Tombs last night with a friend who has just started playing and is level 20. I asked at the beginning of the instance if anyone wanted me to leave. It was followed by a resounding "No". People were glad to have an easy run. I'd say OP's opinion is unique considering out of the 4 times we did DD and 1 time we did IT not one person asked me to leave when I gave them the option.
    RNG is everything

+ Reply to Thread