+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaging

Default Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaging

at people who can't dodge EFFING FIRE WAVES!!!!!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!!!

Yep, i dont see why people find it so difficult. You guys JUST killed Akylios right??

Seriously, wake up.. there is ONE mechanic in this fight and you still mess it up.

#jackiechanmeme

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

Ascendant

How about people who won't move out of Ereetu's crystals or won't stop casting with Packmaster's Infernal Feedback?

Had to give up on "Hard Mode" Conclave because of these people.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    How about people who won't move out of Ereetu's crystals or won't stop casting with Packmaster's Infernal Feedback?

Had to give up on "Hard Mode" Conclave because of these people.
    Just kill Packmaster first, feedback sucks.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Just kill Packmaster first, feedback sucks.
    I tried suggesting that but got overridden. Plus, they would still need to move out of crystals, and we all know how hard that is right?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bernini View Post

Maybe instead of raging at people you could make suggestions to help them. I've found a lot of times people get hit by waves because they don't understand how exactly to move out of them and that the least amount is movement possible to move into a safe spot is the best. Unless your raiders like being yelled at I'm sure that explaining how you never get hit by fire waves would help them.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Quote Originally Posted by Ladara View Post
    I'm sure that explaining how you never get hit by fire waves would help them.
    I look at where it spawns, i move out the way while i use my Instant casts.

I AM SO GOOD AT THIS GAME

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post

you would think this would be simple but apparently some people require more help. Either way helping people you're in guild with always seems more useful than just getting angry
    RNG is everything

Quote Originally Posted by Bernini View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post

Ya, but this isn't the entire story and you know it. There is a geometric property to the encounter that for some of us is quite intuitive, but it's entirely possible for someone to be confused and not be able to predict exactly where the safe spots will end up as the waves wash across the circle. That doesn't mean they are stupid, or bad, just not as good as you are at this particular aspect of an encounter.

As well, from certain vantage points it can be very difficult to separate the waves from all of the other yellowish red crap all over the place. You can very easily move away from what out of the corner of your eye in the middle of a rotation looks like a wave, and find yourself square in the middle of one instead.

Never mind that if your guild hasn't killed Ituzial yet (which given the existence of this thread, i assume you have not) then your guild probably has a significant number of members that are only OK at mechanics. That's nothing to be ashamed of, and it's certainly isn't any reason to insult them. Your guild will get it, it will just take a little more time, that's fine. If you are that serious about this game, get into a serious guild. Don't trip at people for making entirely excusable mistakes given the level your guild clearly plays at.

Also, if people are actually dying to waves alone you may want to take a look at your healing situation. I could stand in every single wave that comes near me and still survive this fight. My healers would kill me, and i would get sat for being terrible, but i would still live through the encounter most likely. There are only 2 reasons you should die on Ituzial, and neither of them are standing in waves. A missed purge, or a blown tank swap are the only things that should actually be wiping your raid.
    Last edited by Gyle; 04-27-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

get dat fire resist up boi!

Dodging waves is hard, yo.

If you stand in the right spot you have to move from ONE spawn location and can just stand there and dps from all the others.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

I heard you can jump over them.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Dodging waves is hard, yo.

If you stand in the right spot you have to move from ONE spawn location and can just stand there and dps from all the others.
    Information like that would be good for the OP to give to his guild, they may not know that and they may be moving way more than they should.

If everyone remembers with Akylios waves you were supposed to run at the gap as soon as you figured out where it was, forget everything else because if you die to a wave it's game over for you. So people may actually be running too far and doing more harm than good in the process.

Either way rage is not the solution and it never will help fix the problem. I know for me at least the hardest part of dodging waves on Akylios (had already beaten the phobia by Ituziel) was knowing that if I messed up that I'd probably cost my guild a substantial amount of time and a good attempt on Akylios. That "don't screw up" mantra playing in your head is nerve wracking and will often cause more failures than it fixes. Rage only makes that worse.
    RNG is everything

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    I heard you can jump over them.
    you should definitely try that, I'm sure Sookie will thank you for increasing her Hps as a result.
    RNG is everything

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Ya, but this isn't the entire story and you know it. There is a geometric property to the encounter that for some of us is quite intuitive, but it's entirely possible for someone to be confused and not be able to predict exactly where the safe spots will end up as the waves wash across the circle. That doesn't mean they are stupid, or bad, just not as good as you are at this particular aspect of an encounter.

As well, from certain vantage points it can be very difficult to separate the waves from all of the other yellowish red crap all over the place. You can very easily move away from what out of the corner of your eye in the middle of a rotation looks like a wave, and find yourself square in the middle of one instead.

Never mind that if your guild hasn't killed Ituzial yet (which given the existence of this thread, i assume you have not) then your guild probably has a significant number of members that are only OK at mechanics. That's nothing to be ashamed of, and it's certainly isn't any reason to insult them. Your guild will get it, it will just take a little more time, that's fine. If you are that serious about this game, get into a serious guild. Don't trip at people for making entirely excusable mistakes given the level your guild clearly plays at.

Also, if people are actually dying to waves alone you may want to take a look at your healing situation. I could stand in every single wave that comes near me and still survive this fight. My healers would kill me, and i would get sat for being terrible, but i would still live through the encounter most likely. There are only 2 reasons you should die on Ituzial, and neither of them are standing in waves. A missed purge, or a blown tank swap are the only things that should actually be wiping your raid.
    I think I have a little bro-crush on Gyle now.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast