+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 1.8 Random Expert Dungeon Queue Times

Default 1.8 Random Expert Dungeon Queue Times

Hello All,

Since the release of 1.8 I've noticed that my queue times for Random Experts have gone through the roof. Basically I prefer to queue as DPS/Support because I really don't enjoy tanking. Prior to 1.8 I would queue up and within 10-20 minutes I would generally get a group. Since 1.8 however if I queue DPS/Support it has taken a minimum of 40-60 minutes to find a group.

I'm assuming that it is due to the new snapshot system dramatically increasing the number of DPS/Support queued up. I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed this as well? Is there anything Trion can do to fix this? I really can't wait 40+ minutes per dungeon queue for the 3 marks I get out of it.

Ascendant

Can't tank . . . fishing.

Queue for Tank. Get instant groups.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    Queue for Tank. Get instant groups.
    This also solves the problem for you and 4 other people.

I think the main part of the problem is just how darn fast it is to complete them anymore. Their difficulty for a large portion of the player base is plummeting due to gearing and how many times can you face roll the same dungeon before you are bored to tears and have the acheesements?

This I think is the single biggest hurdle Rift has to overcome. Without introducing new 5 man content to match the gearing of the player base the game will become more and more stratified between those who raid and those who don't raid. The primary way to gear at this point outside of raids tbh is getting inscribeds and that is a fairly linear process that does not appeal to all.

I know from looking at their board in the MMO report video and from interviews they have a true expac in the works. I only hope it gets introduced A) relatively soon and B) that it contains new 5 man content or they may end up with retention issues in the long run.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sada View Post
    I really don't enjoy tanking.
    You two clearly missed this part. I'm looking for constructive feedback and whether others are experiencing this as well.
    Last edited by Sada; 04-26-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Soulwalker

3 seconds or less every time as a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    I think the main part of the problem is just how darn fast it is to complete them anymore. Their difficulty for a large portion of the player base is plummeting due to gearing and how many times can you face roll the same dungeon before you are bored to tears and have the acheesements?

This I think is the single biggest hurdle Rift has to overcome. Without introducing new 5 man content to match the gearing of the player base the game will become more and more stratified between those who raid and those who don't raid. The primary way to gear at this point outside of raids tbh is getting inscribeds and that is a fairly linear process that does not appeal to all.

I know from looking at their board in the MMO report video and from interviews they have a true expac in the works. I only hope it gets introduced A) relatively soon and B) that it contains new 5 man content or they may end up with retention issues in the long run.
    I'm sure this definitely has something to do with it but 1.8 seemed to be the Random Expert killer for me, prior to that patch queue times were phenomenal. I generally do GSB + a few 10 mans weekly but once you're locked out it's nice to fill the gap with some experts and get a few extra marks. I figured that with the increase in mark rewards from experts, especially with the 2 Infernal Marks option that people would be all over them.

I'm sure this definitely has something to do with it but 1.8 seemed to be the Random Expert killer for me, prior to that patch queue times were phenomenal. I generally do GSB + a few 10 mans weekly but once you're locked out it's nice to fill the gap with some experts and get a few extra marks. I figured that with the increase in mark rewards from experts, especially with the 2 Infernal Marks option that people would be all over them.
    People are all over them, which means more of my guildies want to do then, which means i have a full group of guildies instead of just myself +1/2 other guildies, letting the tool find the rest

Cleric Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    People are all over them, which means more of my guildies want to do then, which means i have a full group of guildies instead of just myself +1/2 other guildies, letting the tool find the rest
    Yeah, maybe that's one of my problems. My guild primarily raids HK and does RoTP but as far as getting a guild expert group going they aren't generally interested. I work 8-5 so I generally don't get online until they're doing their HK run and can't make it to that most of the time.
    Last edited by Sada; 04-26-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Champion

Doing them with full guild groups is much more common now, I really don't mind PuG groups but why wouldn't I queue with my guild when we can clear the dungeon in less than half the time a PuG can
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Champion

Yeah, maybe that's one of my problems. My guild primarily raids HK and does RoTP but as far as getting a guild expert group going they aren't generally interested. I work 8-5 so I generally don't get online until they're doing their HK run and can't make it to that most of the time.
    Maybe you can make friends with a healer and queue with them. As heals I never wait more than a couple minutes in the rare cases I do random queue without a full group.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Telaran

I queue with my kids or with my guild, now much moreso than pre 1.8, espcially the guild part. There was no reason for many in my guild to run experts. Now with the reward we always have full guild groups running and most of them don't want the sub 500 dps puggies in the run slowing us down. Having to carry people in runs as simple as experts is quite annoying as it just wastes my time.

Many puggers make this worse on themselves, running in full epcis no class should be doing sub 1k dps in instances yet so many are. Thus many of us have basically stopped running with pugs so we can finish the runs quickly in the limited amounts of play time that we have.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Marconos View Post
    I queue with my kids or with my guild, now much moreso than pre 1.8, espcially the guild part. There was no reason for many in my guild to run experts. Now with the reward we always have full guild groups running and most of them don't want the sub 500 dps puggies in the run slowing us down. Having to carry people in runs as simple as experts is quite annoying as it just wastes my time.

Many puggers make this worse on themselves, running in full epcis no class should be doing sub 1k dps in instances yet so many are. Thus many of us have basically stopped running with pugs so we can finish the runs quickly in the limited amounts of play time that we have.
    Cant agree more with this. Everyone who tried to tank experts will be tired with dpsers having zero knowledge about their class (reading guides is too hard), who just queue and wait to be carried over through instance. So yeah, tanks just take guildies in their group and eventually fills last spot with random person.

I only queue with a full guild group. I'm not interested in tanking/healing when I can do something like 10x their combined dps output =/
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast