+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mercenary dungeon queues?

Default Mercenary dungeon queues?

I was replying to a post in my shard's forum and thought about this. Trion merged our auctions, made it so we can ship gear, etc cross faction... we can "merc" in warfronts for faster queues. (Half the time it totally sucks, yeah yeah.) but what about doing this for PvE queues? It's head-bashingly annoying to get a queue at lower levels (and sometimes even at 50) Thoughts RIFT community? I'm curious what you guys think about a mercenary PvE system for dungeon queues.

Farewell, Rift! Perhaps we'll meet again.

How exactly do you merc in a dungeon. It's you against NPCs. It's not like a warfront.

Well, you can merc in Port Scion. That's essentially a giant PvEfest. I'd see it working the same way as that. You go in and do one version of the dungeon or the other depending on what you are merc'd as.

Farewell, Rift! Perhaps we'll meet again.

Champion

This would really need a checkbox "I don't want to play with or as mercenaries" - wouldn't be fun to get voted out of the group because 3 guardians don't want to play with 2 defiants

Rift Master

Assuming you mean for this at all levels and not just Experts, how would the dungeon quests work? Most of them are faction-specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktabi View Post
    This would really need a checkbox "I don't want to play with or as mercenaries" - wouldn't be fun to get voted out of the group because 3 guardians don't want to play with 2 defiants
    This is a good idea. Frankly, we need this for warfronts now. A lot of mercenaries just AFK through a warfront, since they didn't want to merc and object to the whole idea. I give these people a lot of c**p while they are AFK'ing, but honestly I guess I don't really blame them. If they want to take the faction separation seriously, they should be allowed to.

Rift Disciple

http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...oaks-and-more/
    Q: Do you plan to offer a paid or free faction change, or allow players of opposite factions some way to play with their friends?
    A: We are exploring many different ways to provide players with opportunities to play alongside players from the other faction. The first step in this process is, of course, the mercenary system. This has had the fantastic benefit of virtually eliminating PvP queue times. We do have other, grander plans in store, but I canít go into details yet. As you are aware, we operate in a very nimble manner. We are experimenting with several ideas and will iterate on them until we find the solution that is suitably Rift.
    So, they're planning on doing more xfaction stuff. How far they'll go, we'll have to wait and see. We should soon be hearing more about "beyond two faction system" in pvp since 1.8 is out the door (mostly).

If its xfaction dungeons, I wonder how they'll handle the faction dungeon encounters. Possibilities:
    * Remove factionalized dungeon quests/encounters (e.g. the defiant/guardian fight in Abyssal Precipice).
    * Make one faction merced and run the encounters as usual.
    * Apply it only to expert dungeons (which aren't factionalized).

Am I excited? No. It will remind me again of how deeply I dislike mercing.

+ Reply to Thread