+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My reaction to Hardmode Ember Conclave

Ascendant

Default My reaction to Hardmode Ember Conclave

After I heard it was impossible http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/...xcited-win.jpg

After we cleared it in one hour of attempts http://i.imgur.com/8CHTR.png

KK

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    After I heard it was impossible http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/...xcited-win.jpg

After had done attempts with killing Patchlord last on Thursday, then swapping to killing Emberlord last and doing it in a total of 4 pulls, there is no way that Emberlord can be considered "hardmode". Trion dropped the ball on this one.

And not having a Perfect Achiev for no one dieing just makes Nerd Points Skylar cry himself to sleep
    Last edited by KK; 04-25-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Forced name change FTL

KK - Warrior - A-Hole - Greybriar
    <Trinity> Retired

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...y_distasty.jpg
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Rift Master

http://www.myfacewhen.com/56/ we did hard mode compared to normal mode. I think trion is trying to rewrite the space something continuum.
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Looking back at RIFT is bittersweet. Ah damn.

TBH I think getting the achievements for killing them in the non-hard orders is going to be more difficult. Not because of the encounter itself, but because having killed them on hard people aren't going to want to pass up on the extra loot in future weeks.

Now that we have easily done two weeks of "hard-mode" conclave, there honestly is no point to EVER do it any other way until ID is completely farmed out. Yeah, we'll miss out on the achievement to kill each of them last, but the raptor mount does not compare to BiS gear missed out for not killing Ereetu last. Trion should just make the crystal drop on every version of conclave now because hard-mode === easy-mode.

And to KK's response above, remember it really was only two real pulls because two of those were with 19 people while we waiting on someone to show up and one of those attempts we still got to 15% in P2. Then we messed up on stacking and I think a tank died beginning of P3 Ereetu, followed by fourth and final pull with perfect execution and no deaths. Did not seem all that difficult when we did down him in an hour of raid time.

For a hard-more, I was expecting it to be near impossible with the gear coming into ID, but maybe the encounter was tune to people 6/11 or so of HK not 11/11 full-relic raiders. Oh well, Conclave is still a fun encounter and there are plenty of mistakes that can be made, even from top raiders.

Edit: Also, this fight is far easier than Ituziel.
    Last edited by Cataplexis; 04-25-2012 at 08:58 PM.

"Piece out our imperfections with your thoughts"
    Cataplexis - Cleric - <Trinity> - Greybriar

Well to be fair, Hardmode is probably easier for high end guilds because they are used to playing to a specific strategy. Once you iron out exactly how to do the encounter on hard, it's fairly simple, but i suspect it will end up being harder than the normal way for the average casual guild.

By the end, it does get pretty chaotic. I actually like this fight a lot.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Where did you hear hardmode was impossible?
    Rogue

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

Where did you hear it was impossible, guilds were doing it on day one.

Quote Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
    Where did you hear it was impossible, guilds were doing it on day one.
    Ya, but during that day the word was the enrage timer was impossible to beat. I'm not sure who started that rumor (though i could hazard a guess) but I'm sure it stopped more than one guild from attempting it.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Master

I never heard or saw anyone saying it was impossible.

lgw

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Ya, but during that day the word was the enrage timer was impossible to beat. I'm not sure who started that rumor (though i could hazard a guess) but I'm sure it stopped more than one guild from attempting it.
    We got into enrage on our first kill, because we were still kinda optimising the strategy (<-- actually worked out well). Found that even in enrage the boss hits about as hard as Ituziel regularly does.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

I never said it was impossible. I said I expected it to be so. Usually, in most MMOs I have played, hard-mode content is accessible to the raiders once they have successfully cleared the entire dungeon as well as acquired a large amount of current tier gear. With my experience in heroic mode raiding in WoW, I expected the same to be true. Conclave, however, has become the heroic lootship of RIFT for several top-end guilds.

As for the community's assumption that Ereetu last would be impossible:

Prior to this recent hotfix (I assume, because those of us that have downed hard-mode have not and probably will not kill Packmaster last -- so no testing since hotfix has been done on my side), Packmaster was actually the most impossible of the three to kill last due to wisp health and the inability to purge the buff on said wisps. It became an impossible dps check, the wisps would keep spawning, increasing the amount of damage the raid took. Because many guilds tried this on the first attempt, Trinity being one of many to try Packmaster last (which wasted a lot of raid time), the community assumed that Ereetu would be even more difficult because of the hype of hard-mode. This is where the community got the assumption that Ereetu last would be impossible, and for that, many guilds decided to sway away from trying it, and some guilds took it upon themselves to say "Challenge Accepted."

Once we decided to do hard-mode, it took us one hour of raid time (including trash clearing), with strategy set, to actually down the boss. Just sad we wasted time on an impossible strat (stupid Packmaster), then took the weekend off, before walking in and trololololing on Ereetu's face. Congrats to everyone else that, too, has successfully looted the orange crystal. Those that have not, I urge you to give it a few attempts, it makes for an extremely fun encounter, and is not nearly as difficult as one may think.

EDIT: Ahov, I miss tourettes guy. R.I.P.
    Last edited by Cataplexis; 04-26-2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammar

"Piece out our imperfections with your thoughts"
    Cataplexis - Cleric - <Trinity> - Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplexis View Post
    Prior to this recent hotfix (I assume, because those of us that have downed hard-mode have not and probably will not kill Packmaster last -- so no testing since hotfix has been done on my side), Packmaster was actually the most impossible of the three to kill last due to wisp health and the inability to purge the buff on said wisps.
    Wisps? Am I incredibly inattentive, or is this is only a third stage mechanic that he gains?

And I kind of agree with Gyle in that Ereetu's mechanics aren't inherently annoying, they're just tricky if you're not used to moving in a group and making good use of space. But stacking a raid up and dealing with persistent ground AOEs are becoming a staple of the game's raid encounters and should be no big deal for most guilds with experience in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    Wisps? Am I incredibly inattentive, or is this is only a third stage mechanic that he gains?

And I kind of agree with Gyle in that Ereetu's mechanics aren't inherently annoying, they're just tricky if you're not used to moving in a group and making good use of space. But stacking a raid up and dealing with persistent ground AOEs are becoming a staple of the game's raid encounters and should be no big deal for most guilds with experience in HK.

Lets just say it like this if you get to the third phase you are 99% insured to get a kill unless you screw up horrible

even enrage wont kill you xD
    _______****Warrior - Yes it's me!****_________

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast