+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MMDD - Rift Storm from trash oneshotting dps/heals

Rift Disciple

Default MMDD - Rift Storm from trash oneshotting dps/heals

I haven't noticed this until 1.8 was released, rift storm is now hitting for over 5k to anyone within range - from trash. I don't believe this is intentional, anyone else notice this?
    Last edited by Focusv5; 04-24-2012 at 07:09 PM.

I seriously adore those trash groups that wipe the floor with the unprepared.

WTB more of those, less freeloot bosses.

Ascendant

It's hard not to noticed that 3 of your 5 man group are taking a dirt nap, so yes we noticed lol, caught us off guard but was manageable once you knew WTF was goin on

Champion

Definitely used a few Brezzes in mmCR because of this. Not a game breaking change but something different none the less.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Ascendant

Some of the mobs IN MMCR also have an AOE mana drain, you can see when it's in effect though, so not so great if you're an Inquisitor trying to get in to get a Soul Drain off but it's workable.

I have no problem with them making it harder if it's going to drop 4 Infernal marks, but it really is a tough tough slog for people new to the place or not geared up, it's doable but people aren't exactly glowing in their praise for MMCR and eager to get back in there from what I gather.

Rift Disciple

I'm not talking about MMCR, I'm talking about the warrior-class trash mobs in MMDD that are oneshotting people with a single tick of Rift Storm. I'm not here to discuss difficulty, I'm merely pointing out something I've noticed since the release of 1.8, and would like to know whether this change was intended or not.
    Last edited by Focusv5; 04-24-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Focusv5 View Post
    I'm not talking about MMCR, I'm talking about the warrior-class trash mobs in MMDD that are oneshotting people with a single tick of Rift Storm. I'm not here to discuss difficulty, I'm merely pointing out something I've noticed since the release of 1.8, and would like to know whether this change was intended or not.
    We are actually talking about the exact same thing, same type of dungeon, same ability, same everything except location. The Pyrkari mobs in MMCR have been doing the same thing since 1.8 for instance.
    Last edited by Malark; 04-24-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    We are actually talking about the exact same thing, same type of dungeon, same ability, same everything except location. The Pyrkari mobs in MMCR have been doing the same thing since 1.8 for instance.
    Yeah, I saw what you meant when I ran MMCR earlier today. I hadn't done MMCR since 1.8 so I couldn't speak for it. It appears the changes they implemented to class abilities went towards mobs as well. Something moderately avoidable for now, but definitely something to look into.

I doubt it was intentional, more likely something that was overlooked.
    Last edited by Focusv5; 04-25-2012 at 02:04 AM.

I ran mmDD yesterday and although I read about this issue earlier it still caught me off guard as there was another RB warrior in the party. I wasn't sure if he popped Rift Storm until I saw the damage ticks start to roll in.

To top it off we were in the Fires from Above phase with fireballs dropping all around us. That made it really sporty to dance around the rift storm and stay out of ground AoEs AND try to DPS.

I don't mind the mobs having the ability but it's the ability to discern when an ability effect is from the mob or a fellow player that's disconcerting.
    "Might does not make right... It just makes it possible."

Alekto, Cleric - Eryon, Warrior - Mause, Rogue - Casuane, Cleric

+ Reply to Thread