+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Infernal Dawn Gate Unlock Dates and Times

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Infernal Dawn Gate Unlock Dates and Times

Greetings, Infernal Dawn raiders! We hope you’ve been having a good time in Infernal Dawn this past week, and wanted to make you more aware of our specific plans to unlock the rest of the encounters. Assuming everything goes as planned, ID unlocks will all occur simultaneously worldwide at 11:00am PST on Saturdays. The next unlock is scheduled for 11am PST on Saturday, April 28, and will grant access to the Earth Wing. Maklamos the Scryer and Rusila Dreadblade will be waiting.

I will update this post with each new unlock date as we approach them. Thanks for playing, and good luck in Infernal Dawn!

EDIT4: The next unlock is scheduled for 11am PST on Saturday, May 26, and will grant access to Maelforge, regardless of whether Laethys has been killed yet or not. Consider it an incentive!

EDIT: By "PST" I mean the time that we are in right now, which I have been informed is actually called PDT, or Pacific Daylight Time! You guys can stop sending me PMs about PDT now
    Last edited by Decoy_Trion; 05-23-2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Maelforge unlock

Good stuff, inb4 US "It's to early QQ".
    AFK.

Maklamos! Let the rhythm take you over, Maklamos!
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

That is 7pm for the UK?

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

Ohh, I like this..

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ramea View Post
    That is 7pm for the UK?
    Yes, it should be 7PM GMT Saturday, April 28th, based on PST being GMT-8. BST should be GMT+1, which would make it 8PM for those on BST.
    Last edited by Durango; 04-24-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy_Trion View Post
    Greetings, Infernal Dawn raiders! We hope youíve been having a good time in Infernal Dawn this past week, and wanted to make you more aware of our specific plans to unlock the rest of the encounters. Assuming everything goes as planned, ID unlocks will all occur simultaneously worldwide at 11:00am PST on Saturdays. The next unlock is scheduled for 11am PST on Saturday, April 28, and will grant access to the Earth Wing. Maklamos the Scryer and Rusila Dreadblade will be waiting.

I will update this post with each new unlock date as we approach them. Thanks for playing, and good luck in Infernal Dawn!
    Cant wait! Lootship er.. I mean Gunship looks like a blast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

at first I was a little "wtf" on a Saturday opening...but more I think about it, more I like it. Really is the fairest opening date and time for new content for the majority, and maybe something in the future you should think about for all new content being launched.

Champion

I'm glad everyone else is happy with content being released in the middle of the day. I guess most people don't work on Saturday
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Personally I much prefer Wednesday to Saturday, but... I'm not everyone. Good to know now, either way, so we can plan raid week accordingly.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Middle of the day Saturday is complete failure on Trions part. Fair for all it may be.... but as a guild member said...

"So the compromise is that since we can't seem to make it "fair" on weekdays where we all comfortably raid.... we'll move it to a weekend and make it problematic for everyone?!"

The simple fact of the matter is.... for years and years MMO's have released new patches and content on weekdays, usually in the middle of the week. This has bred a raiding environment built around primarily weeknight raiding. Sure there are guilds that raid on the weekends but there are VERY FEW guilds out there that raid in the middle of the day on a Saturday. This will cause folks to have to completely rearrange their schedules to even think about competing early on. It doesnt make much sense imo.

Bad choice Trion...

Thank you for the heads up Decoy!

Also, thank you to the Trion employees who have to come in on Saturday!
    Last edited by Carnefice; 04-24-2012 at 07:40 PM.

<Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

Champion

The more I think about this and the small number of guilds that raid on weekends the less I'm feeling tolerant of this day/time. /sigh
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Soulwalker

sigh
    I honestly do not like that the launch dates and times changed and will be on Sat.
    Part personal and part for raiding in general.
    Had my schedule set for this game. Guess now I can't raid for progression unless I quit my job.
    Oh well, good luck to the rest of you who can raid. Have fun.

My biggest issue with this change is how it affects all the people that raid during the evening weekdays and take the weekends off to spend time with family or work. Saturday's have always been the day of the week to go and spend time with the family, whether it be traveling or something else. I understand that EU servers are extremely pleased about this, and why shouldn't they be? The content opens during the hot-raiding time of some EU raiding guilds, whereas, the majority of US guilds, however, do not raid late morning or mid-afternoon.

As NoExit stated prior, MMOs have always released content during the weekdays and not on the weekends. Even Trion was successful releasing the content on reset day over the past year. If we examine the release of new content on Saturdays instead of Wednesdays, we, and Trion, must take notice of the loss of a few days of progression due to no new content Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Now raiding guilds that DO take the weekends off may not have access to the content until Monday or Tuesday, (depending on their raiding schedule).

Now for those that say "real hardcore raiders can schedule around the new release," bear in mind that Trion has only given everyone four days notice. That is not enough time for anyone to put in requests at jobs to get the day off if they wish to stay competitive in ID. All-in-all, this new system obliterates what MMOs have successfully done over the past several years, and Trion has not given its community enough time to adjust with the coming changes. If Trion wanted this change, they should have brought it to the community before releasing the decision four days prior to the release of new content.

But then again, we could be like SO and QQ more and get our way. And if Trion gives into the EU guilds on this change, where does it stop?

I understand that there is no "fair" way to release new content to the raiding community, but to make such a drastic change such as this without feedback from the community is detrimental to the integrity of Trion. Find out what the community prefers, and if this change benefits the larger profit margin, then smart move for Trion; but if it is only a change to suppress the outcry from a minority of participants, then poor move Trion.

This change will not deter me from playing, but it does affect the way I feel towards the outcriers that made this change come through, as well as the devs that let the group win.

Edit: Maybe we should all submit our raiding guilds to Trion and let them choose only the days that the majority of guilds can raid, and outside those days of the week, no one is allowed in the instance.
    Last edited by Cataplexis; 04-24-2012 at 08:39 PM.

"Piece out our imperfections with your thoughts"
    Cataplexis - Cleric - <Trinity> - Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast