+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Graphical bugs with Ember Conclave & Ituziel

Default Graphical bugs with Ember Conclave & Ituziel

Whilst doing the hardmode earlier I could not see any of the flame walls that appear in phase 3. Granted, my computer graphics settings suck, but it turned out only a handful of people in the raid could see it, with many people running maxxed on all settings.

Maxing partical effects didn't help me but it helped some others...

Likewise (but seems to effect less people), the Lava pools during the Ituziel fight are invisible to me on low settings and low quality renderer. I can see the waves, and very slight firey effects just before they spawn, but it's very hard to see where they're about to come from if they're not called out

It would be really nice if the Trion team could look into making these key mechanics viewable on the lower graphical settings.

Cheers
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Rift Master

Conclave was extremely buggy I found. Both mechanically and graphically.

Not that i'll submit bug reports as im boycotting trions staff cos they dont respond to any feedback anyway!
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Looking back at RIFT is bittersweet. Ah damn.

Just to throw this in, changing the below 2 variables in your rift.cfg file makes 99% of boss mechanics visible at ANY moment.

VfxCullDistance = 256
    VFXLimit = 10000

For reference default (max) values are;

VfxCullDistance = [NOT PRESENT IN THE FILE]
    VFXLimit = 750 [Slider in game]

Changing any of those 2 variables below that makes those mechanics disappearing or invisible altogether. I'd wish that Trion went another approach and making low quality effects that are VITAL to understanding boss mechanics from day 1 of Rift release, but it seems like they didn't.

Regarding computer strain, there's really no significant drop of FPS between VFXLimit = 750 or VFXLimit = 10000, however computers with outdated peripherals will notice this. You might start thinking about upgrading.

So ye, if you truly wish to see all boss mechanics in any tier of content, put first 2 variables in your rift.cfg.
    R.I.P.talon EU
    *** INFERNAL DAWN -- 8/8, PROUD WEARER OF SCORN OF ANCESTORS ***
    *** HAMMERKNELL FORTRESS: CONQUEROR -- EUROPE FIRST, BABY (On 5th of February, 2012) ***

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Painstouch View Post
    Just to throw this in, changing the below 2 variables in your rift.cfg file makes 99% of boss mechanics visible at ANY moment.

VfxCullDistance = 256
    VFXLimit = 10000

For reference default (max) values are;

VfxCullDistance = [NOT PRESENT IN THE FILE]
    VFXLimit = 750 [Slider in game]

Changing any of those 2 variables below that makes those mechanics disappearing or invisible altogether. I'd wish that Trion went another approach and making low quality effects that are VITAL to understanding boss mechanics from day 1 of Rift release, but it seems like they didn't.

Regarding computer strain, there's really no significant drop of FPS between VFXLimit = 750 or VFXLimit = 10000, however computers with outdated peripherals will notice this. You might start thinking about upgrading.

So ye, if you truly wish to see all boss mechanics in any tier of content, put first 2 variables in your rift.cfg.
    Both of those game settings need to be set into the [Video] category, no where else.
    --BC

Ascendant

Bumping up your video settings won't necessarily help with the flame wall.

One pull I could see them, the next pull I couldn't. My settings are nearly maxed with a VFL limit >750 and spell detail all the way up. I think it's a bug with the graphic regardless of settings.

+ Reply to Thread