+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Why....

Rift Disciple

Default Why....

So three maybe four threads came about debating various issues...testers v. non testers and progression site listing were the major subjects. Yes there was a bit of mud slinging back and forth but the majority of it was good debating about what is and what isnt agreed upon.

I myself posted a few comments wondering why trion does not get involved or at least offer some kind of explanation for the two subjects and it seems closely after trion closed the thread. Now it seems to me Trion is either avoiding the issues or sitting back and hoping we resolve them ourselves. Either way since Trion broadcasts "firsts" messages, and are responsible for selecting who tested what, which has led to many heated debates, they should post something explaining their decision making process rather than just saying: "OKAY CHILDREN NO MORE TALKING LOL".

Its obvious that world firsts, region firsts, shard firsts are important to your player base and trion obviously feels its important so why not give us something to work with here. I am not asking they do it my way, I dont have A WAY, I am asking they take some responsibility for the fights beign caused here.

Now I am not in a server first person or anything but I look at it this way. If you are a star athlete you get things the new guy doesn't. You get special trainers, doctors etc. from the boss because the star player is a known quantity with a successful record. Since the runs are observed by devs and time = money I think the devs simply applied a similar metric.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Trion will not openly admit they were wrong. If they were they would also be denouncing all guilds that participated in these events, as well as effectively not making them any more special than the rest of us. This is not going to happen.

Everyone even the top guilds know they were spoon fed when they tested eliminating others from the race. This is not fair to anyone. If Trion supports this then it will be a slap in the face to the player base of people that didn't get to test.

Trion will remain quite on this one. But, I would be willing to bet that next testing for the next patch isn't given to just the top guilds.

These guilds aren't star athletes. Star Athletes have been training their who life most the time. Not to mention this is a bad attitude, because they were allowed to test which ultimately leads to success.
    Last edited by Plavem; 04-24-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Rift Disciple

Ya, I am not asking for trion to admit they are wrong, i am simply asking them to take some ownership...It takes alot of intelligence to design a great game like rift, and if trion didnt emphasize things like shard firsts, leaderboards etc.. then I wouldnt be calling them out like this but they do. I am sure they new the debates that would arise in regards to testing and how it may or may not affect rankings...If they can take the time to make a leaderboard for all the different things like crafting t2 runs etc than y not a fair world first, region first, shard first ranking???

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Now I am not in a server first person or anything but I look at it this way. If you are a star athlete you get things the new guy doesn't. You get special trainers, doctors etc. from the boss because the star player is a known quantity with a successful record. Since the runs are observed by devs and time = money I think the devs simply applied a similar metric.
    Are you calling the test guilds "special" Olympic athletes?

Chuckle from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama

Lol. No I am saying that those guilds have a history on test and a history of firsting live. Hence it makes sense to have the encounters run by these people. I get others are competing with them. The answer knock them down and notch and step up.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Lol. No I am saying that those guilds have a history on test and a history of firsting live. Hence it makes sense to have the encounters run by these people. I get others are competing with them. The answer knock them down and notch and step up.
    Chuckles. Yes, I did understand that. My inner troll however had to be fed. Please ignore me and do not let me distract from the topic.

Wink from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama

Rift Disciple

The purpose of this thread is not to knock testing, progression sites or anything against any guild or player specifically, probably should have pointed that out. I dont really care that guilds tested or didnt, I simply think Trion should take it upon themselves to resolve these issues being that they came about by their decision making process... I have only been around MMO since half way from LK in WOW to CATA then Rift since release, and one thing I have noticed in my limited time is guilds are very competitive when it comes to firsts, world or shard.....again, since trion made it a point, since the games release to let us all know when a shard first occurred, and now the leaderboards, then they should also manage consistent rankings...especially if they are not going to let us debate the issues on the forums.....

To resolve the issue though assumes that there is something in need of fixing.

Prophet of Telara

As long as certain guilds are invited to practice the new raids early, world firsts mean nothing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Haceldama View Post
    Chuckles. Yes, I did understand that. My inner troll however had to be fed. Please ignore me and do not let me distract from the topic.

Wink from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama
    I got that it's why I LoL'd no biggie. It was nice to see a light hearted response. I have been in hard core progression guilds chasing server firsts. The amount of seriousness this issue is receicong actually makes me wonder about the prioritization of some peoples lives.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cubao12 View Post
    Now it seems to me Trion is either avoiding the issues or sitting back and hoping we resolve them ourselves.
    Trion is not involved with resolving this issue because it's not an issue. Nothing within this "topic" has any real meaning or relevance.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Moihan View Post
    Trion is not involved with resolving this issue because it's not an issue. Nothing within this "topic" has any real meaning or relevance.
    Its their game, their issues, their emphasis on firsts hence their issues,

Go post immaturity somewhere else, now I'll wait for someone important to post something, like TRION...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cubao12 View Post
    now I'll wait for someone important to post something, like TRION...
    Promise? Enjoy your wait.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Moihan View Post
    Promise? Enjoy your wait.
    the next time you want to knock a thread, bring some intelligence and substance to it, either way thats five minutes of your life your never getting back lmao

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast