+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trion, please give Scerrion a big breath of fire AOE (in flight too)

Default Trion, please give Scerrion a big breath of fire AOE (in flight too)

That dragon is visually so awesome that it should be a much harder fight, wiping the raid now and then. As it is, the actual fight is a bit underwhelming.

You just want to hear people cry on the forums, don't you?

In general, I think it should be possible to recover from pretty much all mechanics if you're intelligent and quick enough. Insta-kill mechanics are stupid in my opinion.

All new players would die an instant death when fighting Scerrion, and they would have no way of knowing what is happening and how to avoid it. Only after repeated deaths and parsing of combat logs would they have an idea of how to avoid it in the future, at which point the whole things goes from insta-kill to snooze-fest with no middle ground.

That's a stupid concept. It does not make things more difficult, only more frustrating.

There should be plenty of near-death mechanics, but they need to be telegraphed properly so that an intelligent player would be able to react properly even the first time he's fighting Scerrion. It should be difficult to avoid the mechanic and the player would have to react very quickly, but it should be possible.

If the player is not intelligent or not quick enough, he should still not automatically go from full health to death. He should have a chance to recover by reacting properly and heal up quickly.
    Last edited by Beringer; 04-23-2012 at 06:38 PM.

I'm an altoholic: Thirteen 60 clerics, eleven 60 rogues, eleven 60 warriors, five 60 mages, etc...

The only reason I die during boss invasion fights is because of the massive lag due to the area having 20 billion players cramped into it. The fire breath is stupid and until Trion optimizes handling a large amount of players in one area on their end, invasion bosses should not do such ridiculous attacks.

+ Reply to Thread