+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rift Storm from Trash in Master Modes

Soulwalker

Default Rift Storm from Trash in Master Modes

I reported this in feedback the other night while in mmDD, but I came across this issue again last night in mmCR. Nightrock Brutes in mmDD and whomever in mmCR use Rift Storm now, or at least now noticeable since last patch. When they do, they are hitting anyone in melee range that isn't the tank for pretty much instant death. Its usually hitting for 1500 a hit for 5 hits. Its not even a dot compared to what an actual warrior has.

Has anyone else noticed this at all? In mmDD now we know to have anyone with melee attacks, including inquisicars looking to use Soul Drain, need to back away from the Brutes. However in mmCR, the models change constantly when it comes to whom-uses-what ability.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by arkilyd View Post
    I reported this in feedback the other night while in mmDD, but I came across this issue again last night in mmCR. Nightrock Brutes in mmDD and whomever in mmCR use Rift Storm now, or at least now noticeable since last patch. When they do, they are hitting anyone in melee range that isn't the tank for pretty much instant death. Its usually hitting for 1500 a hit for 5 hits. Its not even a dot compared to what an actual warrior has.

Has anyone else noticed this at all? In mmDD now we know to have anyone with melee attacks, including inquisicars looking to use Soul Drain, need to back away from the Brutes. However in mmCR, the models change constantly when it comes to whom-uses-what ability.
    Yeah, it is pretty crazy. The titan's strike is also critting for 15k.

rift storm is like this for player characters too, it's pretty awesome

Champion

Fiery burst has been like this for a long time now as well (I wish the damage in my sig was inaccurate).
    Warlock armor is also a pain on elite mobs (I have to pop holy champion for those witches during Raising Kain because who purges mobs in open world).
    Greybriar Guardian Bard

Ascendant

Or the earthquake from golem mobs, or the broken invasions in MMCR (some do completely nothing, Vander the Grips just picks someone and they die if they lack Holy Champion).

These are making speedruns exponentially more annoying (let's not forget backdraft+Rift storm in DD!!!!)

Ascendant

I noticed this too. I'll admit that I laughed when I saw some of my friends in melee range get flattened by it and ask wtf hit them.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Plane Touched

Noticed this as well, it is pretty ridiculous. It does enough damage to kill near any melee dps as well as not interruptable and does it's damage way too fast to move away. Being that nearly every trash pack has a riftblade mob in it, it has made melee useless in master modes except for killing bosses.

Champion of Telara

Gotta have the brutes targeted now, and have your finger on the purge trigger. Only way to stop the Rift Storm from annihilating anyone other than the tank in melee range.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    Gotta have the brutes targeted now, and have your finger on the purge trigger. Only way to stop the Rift Storm from annihilating anyone other than the tank in melee range.
    Rift storm is different then storm burst.

First pull in MDD: 2 Warriors + Tank and myself in range of the mob and 3 of us die from LOLWTF Rift Storm.

It's pretty hilarious but really... it's a bit much

Oh jesus, Rift Storm is such fun in MCR. Especially when you have four melee !

They need to tone that down for mobs, it's litteraly a three shot aoe.

Also fiery burst is ******ed as well, but it has been doing this kind of damage for a long time [Yes Fire raid rift, I'm looking at you]. Didn't they have seperate ability damage for mobs ?
    Arshaa@Wolfsbane NA
    Arshaa@Bloodiron EU
    <Diefied>T1 10/12 HK 0/10
    What's a cleanse ?

Also it can crit, and if you don't have toughness... bye bye 5k crit.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

I knew it was Rift Storm! That run was a pain.
    Core of Icewatch - MOIRAE
    ID 4/8 Apply

New strat for Ituziel.

20 warriors with 3 attack points.

Rift storm to victory.

Plane Touched

This is super annoying for speed runs in MDD/MCR. Mechanics that you can't avoid and just insta kill you are bad game design.

Also, totally never thought of holy champ in MCR for the minis. That is just awesome thinking. WTB more speed run groups =(
    Last edited by Voldeth; 04-23-2012 at 11:06 PM.
    Voldeth FixWarriors - Sin Filled Afterlife - Guild Leader

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast