+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Murdantix (Hammerknell) (Not so) correct process ???

Default Murdantix (Hammerknell) (Not so) correct process ???

'ello Folks,

because since lot of patches nothing changed, what do you think about the following video (Murdantix-Fight without AoE):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQwnJnO7KZ8

For me - it does not seems to be correct, but... well... nothing changed and it still exist since months...

There's also no DEV-Tracker for this problem ...

Sincerely, Kevin.

No one cares.

My guild has done this strategy. You still do get the aoe but its only controlled by one person. Person on stairs have to dodge the aoes. If the person ****ed up even a little and dies. You have to restart the fight which sucks.

I think it's a little cheap myself but you still get adds, death blast to the group and all the other mechanics.

*cough* It's not a problem, just a fancy way to get 19 people out of aoe.
    Last edited by LOveRH; 04-23-2012 at 10:29 AM.

yey its cheap, and i find it sad you can still bug out the boss like this... kind of like the bug out method for Plutonus (not like anyone cares about this one anymore either) lol.

wtver, more power to guilds still progressing at those levels i guess?

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    yey its cheap, and i find it sad you can still bug out the boss like this... kind of like the bug out method for Plutonus (not like anyone cares about this one anymore either) lol.

wtver, more power to guilds still progressing at those levels i guess?
    Honestly, after 1.7 do guilds wipe on Murdantixs because of the ground aoes? That would be pretty funny. I believe when our guild's second progression team went into HK for the first time they 1 shot Murdantix. Avoiding one mechanic doesn't break this fight at all. This fight is easymode either way.
    Last edited by LOveRH; 04-23-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Honestly, after 1.7 do guilds wipe on Murdantixs because of the ground aoes? That would be pretty funny. I believe when our guild's second progression team went into HK for the first time they 1 shot Murdantix. Avoiding one mechanic doesn't break this fight at all. This fight is easymode either way.
    Being able to never even learn one mechanic all together simply defeats the purpose of "boss mechanics" in general. In this case, it just lets people treat Murd like a target dummy and post inflated DPS parses. *shrug* epeen contests in that regard.

Yay, the normal way is easy too. but at least it involves actual raid awareness and mechanics avoiding. Yes, guilds who have never seen the fight can still wipe to ground aoe, especially the lats 25%.

But like i said, i could care less in the end... Just like Aky, more power to newly GK progressing guilds. :P

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    Being able to never even learn one mechanic all together simply defeats the purpose of "boss mechanics" in general. In this case, it just lets people treat Murd like a target dummy and post inflated DPS parses. *shrug* epeen contests in that regard.

Yay, the normal way is easy too. but at least it involves actual raid awareness and mechanics avoiding. Yes, guilds who have never seen the fight can still wipe to ground aoe, especially the lats 25%.

But like i said, i could care less in the end... Just like Aky, more power to newly GK progressing guilds. :P
    Well my guild doesn't do it for epeen at all. It's rather for achievement for new members an/or just to get it down in the most effective way.

But then again i rather my guild do it the old way. It's much easier for one person to mess up and get 1 shot by aoe then it is for everyone in the raid to wipe by aoe. It's kinda a waste of time when our aoe dodger dies, sucks when your aiming for a speed run. That is just how the cookie crumbles i guess.
    Last edited by LOveRH; 04-23-2012 at 11:04 AM.

But strange is this then:

"[...]Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

After reviewing your submission, we have found that fighting Murdantix in this fashion is an exploit of a boss mechanic. We would advise against this method of fighting Murdantix.[...]" from GM Rabdargab

Ascendant

It's an exploit, but with many lesser guilds relying on it Trion will not fix it, just like Plutonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    It's an exploit, but with many lesser guilds relying on it Trion will not fix it, just like Plutonus.
    Hmm - okay thanks - so better dont use it and be proud of "Doing it the correct way" (-:

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    just shows they enforce a double standard.
    Exploiting is perfectly fine... but only if its for progressing to new content.
    You arent suppose to exploit new stuff though. That would be wrong

How hard would it be for them to put up a blocker on the top of the stairs to stop this method? i mean really?
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    [...]
    How hard would it be for them to put up a blocker on the top of the stairs to stop this method? i mean really?
    Seems hard...

INFERNAL DAWN
    * Muglak: Added a blocker so the fight must take place within the encounter space.
    Trion - please give Murdantix what Murdantix want from ya! (-: (a Blocker!)

Rift Disciple

Our guild wouldn't use that strat for the longest time *up the steps* because it may or may not have been seen as an exploit. Upon speaking to a GM and giving the strat in depth we were notified it was a legitamate strategy and fine to use. Take that for what you will.

I guarantee you that one GM will tell you something entirely different than another GM about the situation. They're not developers and as such are rarely going to understand the minutiae of boss fights, and what truly constitutes an exploit.

That said, what does it really matter?

It's the first boss in an instance that is quickly becoming outdated and nerfed to hell. If a guild doesn't have the raid awareness to get past non-stairs Murdantix, they're not going to have it easy on fights after him.

Keep Murdantix as an optional "parsing dummy," so that guilds who are farming HK for trinkets aren't forced to go through the more annoying version. The idea that the strategy is potentially an exploit is so irrelevant at this point.

Old news, i don't really think anyone cares this late after release
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast