+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Seems too late?

Soulwalker

Default Seems too late?

recently renewed my subscription to try out rift again seems too late to get back into competitive PvE.
    i played rift back when there was only GSB,RoS, and GP but now their seems like a huge gap between me and other players to get back into raiding when everyone has full T2 gear,etc. how can i close the gap in gear? im mostly geared through T1 raids
    Warrior DPS

They made raid weeklies and ridiculous dungeon rewards for a reason( oh and master modes). Use them to your advantage, you get gear quicker than you think.

It's fine. I made my character to Lv 50 just 2-3 months ago, and I play super casually, and I'm into T1 gear.

Different levels:

-intro Lv 50
    -expert dungeons Tier 1
    -expert dungeon Tier 2 (from vendor)
    -T1 raid
    -T2 raid
    -T3 raid

It's not that much. You won't be running Infernal Dawn any time soon, but T1-T2 sure!

EDIT: Basically expert gear is super super easy to get. T1 raid gear is rather easy to get to (especially with things like Master Modes out there). T2 is still difficult to get to, but eventually you'll get into it. T3 has just been introduced so..whatever.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 04-22-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Shadowlander

Its not hard. after hitting 50 i was t1 raid ready in 2 days, and t2 raid ready(hk, rotp) in 2 or 3 weeks

Post #3 seems most applicable and realistic for a returning player. If you're T1 raid geared already, you're that much ahead of the curve. Seems too late for what? Raiding ID tomorrow?

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

yea it is probably too late to get into a world first type guild for ID, I still see tons of people in t1 raid gear (or lower) that and there are tons of pugs, alt runs, or casual guild runs for older raid content. if you work at it could probably be geared up to get into world/shard first groups for the next raid

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    Post #3 seems most applicable and realistic for a returning player. If you're T1 raid geared already, you're that much ahead of the curve. Seems too late for what? Raiding ID tomorrow?
    Yeah. Currenty ID is super super new, so one shouldn't be expecting to reach it right away...

Hammerknell, yeah, we're getting to the point with that, but I'm sure that a ton of the playerbase is still in T1 status. If you're returning to Rift as a T1, I don't..see the problem

But then again I'm a casual that is just starting to get T1 gear... after several months. That's my own pace though. I'm sure I'll be into T2 by the end of the summer if I keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawPlankton View Post
    yea it is probably too late to get into a world first type guild for ID, I still see tons of people in t1 raid gear (or lower) that and there are tons of pugs, alt runs, or casual guild runs for older raid content. if you work at it could probably be geared up to get into world/shard first groups for the next raid
    My Kelari needs to get into ID and finish it because I have an 'internal RP' going on with him, where his first 'story arc' ends with him taking revenge on a specific Wanton soldier that killed him as he fled the Isles!

Soulwalker

the way im seeing it is that everyone doing hammerknell wants geared players through T2 and won't give lesser geared players a chance.
    Last edited by Valkrie; 04-23-2012 at 06:15 AM.
    Warrior DPS

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    They made raid weeklies and ridiculous dungeon rewards for a reason( oh and master modes). Use them to your advantage, you get gear quicker than you think.
    Pretty much this. Last week I went to 0 GMOA on Thursday. With dailies, weeklies and a 3/4 RotP run I went back to 30 last night. Additionally you can get t1r quality gear without ever entering a raid zone. The inscribed gear is not only ~ in stats but applies to the set bonus. Add the epic crafted gear and a story quest easily completeable in a day or two for pants and you can be HK ready in very little time.

Will you be ready tomorrow or even by the end of the week? Likely not but I would argue you can be end game ready in this game faster than any other I have played. Heck I had a debate with guildies the other week that ot is way too easy. So easy that you can have people ready to raid HK who have no clue how to raid. I have to agree that the fact os true, but I personally find it a necessary evil with how quickly Rift introduces new tiers as compared to others.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Prophet of Telara

Gear is not the issue. You need at least ~500 PAs to get into competitive PVE. If you think you can ding ~500 times in the next 2-3 weeks you proly get in a high end progression guild. The gear is not the issue, you'll have it within two maybe 3 weeks of farming nerfed content.

It seems like a massive gap but you'll gear up quickly. IMO lookup the top guilds on your server and see who is recruiting, many times they will bring in players and help gear them up quickly to bring them up to speed and then head on into current content.

Honestly be wary of the middle of the road guilds. From my experience there are the "serious content" guilds who actually work to progress and see content (and are nice people most of the time just very dedicated), casual social guilds (again very nice people), and then the middle of the road grab-bag guilds I like to call them who are kinda a mix of both and in some cases promise one thing (omg we're gonna catch you up soooo quickly in gear and head to new content!) and then two months later they are still stuck trying to kill Herald in RoS lol.

The moral of the story is be picky in the kind of guild you join, its your right to find a good one and you're doing them the favor by joining not the other way around
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

Ascendant

You're not too late. A lot of HK guilds are losing people, and recruiting players in t1 gear. And it's very easy to catch up. For one, if you join a HK guild, you'll probably end up with a lot of gear in the first runs, because everyone else already has them. And between expert dailies and raid weeklies, it's very easy to get marks. Honestly you'll be caught up in 2-3 weeks as long as you put in the effort to get your sigils etc.

Of course, it depends on what kind of guild you're after. If you want to be in one of the top end hardcore ones, it will take a lot of work to catch up with the AAs. If you don't care about being competitive, and just want to raid for fun, there are a lot of more casual guilds recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrie View Post
    the way im seeing it is that everyone doing hammerknell wants geared players through T2 and won't give lesser geared players a chance.
    You mean guilds who already have the content on farm, are looking at ID now, and aren't interested in carrying ungeared players?

I still see loads of guilds who are still progressing through HK recruiting players, and T1 raidgear is fine for that. But any guild which has HK fully on farm will want people who are equally geared. Aim for something which matches where you're at a bit more closely and you'll be fine, but don't expect to get carried through content unless you're something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex113 View Post
    Gear is not the issue. You need at least ~500 PAs to get into competitive PVE.
    Where do you pull this ridiculous BS from?
    I can testify that only 2 players in my guild have that many PAs, and whilst we aren't World First quality we are competitive for Shard Firsts.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast