+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid healing help 101 in Rift

Default Raid healing help 101 in Rift

So as a fairly new player (~2 months) I've been looking for a casual raiding guild.I was guildless and approached by another fairly new player, who just happened to be in the process of building up a raid roster for T1 content.He seen I had full T1 raid gear and asked if I knew all of the T1 content.I told him "yes, done all the T1s with pugs a few times".He then asked me if I'd be interested in leading raids for them (LOL).After some hesitation, I told him I was new myself but I would be happy to lend some knowledge where I can.For the most part the majority are undergeared and inexperienced, but do meet the T1 reqs. Soon we are going to delve into GSB with a raid full of absolute newbs.kick me some knowledge!! Cool story I know right?

As a new "raid advisor" I have a couple questions reguarding healing specs.I took the initiative so I can make sure our healers are speccing correctly.I realize some encounters may require/benefit from diffrent specs.What's the best single target/MT healing class & spec for undergeared players?What's the best aoe healing class & spec for undergeared players? Wich class/spec are best for curing ST & AOE detrimentals?

On an off note, since these players barely meet T1 reqs, should life / death resist sigils be mandatory?

regards,
    david

Have all your clerics have the following four specs available to them:

34 purifier/32 sentinel -- tank heals (also has AoE Cleanse)
    34 sentinel/22 justicar/10 warden -- AOE Heals (also has AoE Cleanse)
    51 Inquisitor/11 justicar/4 warden -- DPS/AOE Offheals (also has purge)
    35 Inquisitor/21 Shaman/10 Sentinel -- Pure DPS (also has purge)

Life/Death sigils are not required.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post

Not a bad list for clerics, though i doubt most clerics run a Senticar spec atm. Mage can just be 51 chloro for starters. If they are experienced they can play around with weird chloro specs, but for beginners 51 works very well.

As for DPS it depends a LOT on the skill level and builds of the players you bring. As a general rule Warriors, Clerics, and Mages all out DPS rogues in AoE. Rogues, mages, and Warriors usually out DPS clerics in ST, though im not sure how 1.8 may or may not have affected their Jolt spec, which puts up very respectable ST.

The best advice i can give is tell ALL of your raiders to read the class forums, and at the very least read through the guides for their specs. I don't know how any casual player would keep up with what builds and rotations are best without them.

Unless you are a heavy theory crafter with a deep understanding of how your class works, the class forums are the best place to get the information you and your raiders need to perform optimally.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Champion

The correct healing spec is the one that keeps the raid and tanks alive. If you aren't a cleric and this is a concern you may want to nominate someone to be class lead who is knowledgeable about raid healing or start reading up yourself on the cleric forums.

I personally carry senticar, warden, purifier and inquisicar consistently.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Quote Originally Posted by Ladara View Post
    The correct healing spec is the one that keeps the raid and tanks alive. If you aren't a cleric and this is a concern you may want to nominate someone to be class lead who is knowledgeable about raid healing or start reading up yourself on the cleric forums.

I personally carry senticar, warden, purifier and inquisicar consistently.
    Yeah i'm not a healer nor cleric for that matter.I wish I had a knowledgable cleric/mage/rouge in the guild to guide people in the right direction.The raid is literally full of newbs in blue/plaque gear, with little or no experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Not a bad list for clerics, though i doubt most clerics run a Senticar spec atm. Mage can just be 51 chloro for starters. If they are experienced they can play around with weird chloro specs, but for beginners 51 works very well.

As for DPS it depends a LOT on the skill level and builds of the players you bring. As a general rule Warriors, Clerics, and Mages all out DPS rogues in AoE. Rogues, mages, and Warriors usually out DPS clerics in ST, though im not sure how 1.8 may or may not have affected their Jolt spec, which puts up very respectable ST.

The best advice i can give is tell ALL of your raiders to read the class forums, and at the very least read through the guides for their specs. I don't know how any casual player would keep up with what builds and rotations are best without them.

Unless you are a heavy theory crafter with a deep understanding of how your class works, the class forums are the best place to get the information you and your raiders need to perform optimally.

Ofcourse I told them to research their class forums to find out as much as they could.Me telling them and them actually doing this, are diffrent things though haha.Ofcourse who wants to raid with people who aren't eager to learn their classes right? Well, it's all i've got to work with atm, i'm just trying to push them in the right direction. thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post

Thanks.

Having both chloros and clerics ready for both AoE and main tank healing is important. Also the clerics should be ready to either heal via DoL or sentinel/warden/purifier type specs. In most raid situations one or two AoE clerics and one or two AoE chloros is a good basis for healing, and in fights with very fast AoE damage like prince hylas, the icar DoL specs are important. Tank healing depends heavily on the fight and in some cases (for example first two RotP bosses) isn't even needed with sufficient AoE healing. When heavy tank healing is needed, you should have one 51 chloro to synth the tank and a warden or purifier focused cleric, and an icar can drop their righteous mandate on the tank as well.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-23-2012 at 10:05 AM.

edit timer... Beyond all that, there isn't really a specific "best" spec for any of that except needing 51 chloro for tank healing. People should try specs from guides and find what works best for them and the raid, and be prepared to dedicate several role slots to specs the raid may need (especially clerics).

+ Reply to Thread