Closed Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree314Likes

Thread: Rift Strats Presents: Progression Rankings!

Champion

Default Rift Strats Presents: Progression Rankings!

http://www.riftstrats.com/progress/ is now online!

"What is it?"
    A site that guilds may use to measure and track their progress in ID against others. It's also a great way for guilds to advertise for recruitment since they may link to their guild web site if they choose.

"How does it work?"
    Short question, long answer! For a detailed explanation please read the FAQ page. For a short explanation: basically instead of assigning arbitrary or flat point values to bosses, their point values are determined by what percentage of the population is able to kill them. Once the system is set up and running (as it is now) there is no need for an admin to intervene and try to decide on point values.

"How is it updated?"
    Guilds must manually submit their kill info for every boss they defeat. The submission page has more information, but be sure to only report the time on the achievement! Submissions must then be manually approved by an admin. The site is updated with new data at least once every 24 hours, but we'll be trying to update it as often as possible during ID progression. Please note that some guilds are submitted without their approval, and the inclusion of a guild on this web site does not directly represent their consent. In an ideal world Trion would have public achievement data that could be easily datamined to create rankings like this, but unfortunately they only release shard-first data. This is why the web site relies heavily on user-submitted data, not because we want it to be a place of voluntary participation only.

"What about how Europe got the patch so late? That screwed everything up!"
    We agree! And because of that we are currently subtracting 13 hours and 13 minutes from all European submission times (the exact time length between NA and EU servers going online). It will remain like this until the next gate unlocks, which hopefully all regions should get at the exact same time.

"All of these guilds tested everything on PTS so there's no point to such a dumb site!"
    I will be the very first to admit that guilds that tested on PTS received an undeniable advantage going into ID. However, the desire for such a site still exists and that's why it was created. Let me also say, to those of you unfamiliar with testing yourselves, that the advantage may not be quite as significant as you imagine. Most guilds were restricted to seeing only a few bosses, and often times only buggy and unfinished versions. Also, many of the guilds chosen for testing were chosen because of their impressive performance in HK, which usually would have been repeated in ID anyway. The only answer is that there is no one good way to deal with guilds that tested. Some saw several fights, saw some only one. Some got many hours of testing in, some only a few. There is no feasible way to impose some kind of penalty on any guild that tested since it would be such an arbitrary figure to begin with, and the varying degrees of testing experience that each guild received. If you're not happy with the PTS testing situation please direct your anger towards Trion, not this web site (or this thread).

"Hey! Aren't you in the same guild that's ranked #1 at the moment? Isn't that a conflict of interests?"
    Yes, I am. If anyone has interacted with me in the past then hopefully they would agree I have a respectable reputation, and am not the type of person to abuse some kind of point system for my own gain. I also laid out the plans for the entire system many weeks before ID was released. The only change I have made to the system post-patch is subtracting time off from EU kills, something that doesn't even work "in my favor." I'm much more concerned with running and fair and reputable system than I am of my own ranking.

"What's with the drama on that other progression site?"
    I don't like to "air my dirty laundry" in public, but basically another individual asked me to simply give him a point formula for his new ranking web site and that since he was an experienced web developer he would take care of the rest. I complied, but later learned that he had grossly misled me in what he was capable of, and that he was a very egotistical and emotionally unstable person. I ended up spending countless hours of work developing a system to use, and after being repeatedly frustrated with his ungrateful attitude and blatant ineptitude, decided to build a site myself. Rest assured that this progression site is in good hands.

If you have any feedback on the site I'd love to hear it. Thanks!
    Last edited by Veev; 04-25-2012 at 12:38 AM.

Looks fantastic Veev, great job. Look forward to seeing the progress of other guilds.

Knowing is half the battle. GO JOE!

Soulwalker

Default nice

nice work veev !!! :P

ID 3/8

Prophet of Telara

I'm surprised that after actually killing hardmode conclave you're still willing to accept it as a separate boss. Kinda silly.

I've been curious with regards to the shard progression thread I run, and I was hoping you could clear this up ^^ but it seems sort of off and on that threads will include destroying the dragon eggs as a progression step. I'm just curious, how much of a boss are the eggs? What does it entail?
    Last edited by Inixia; 04-21-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    I've been curious with regards to the shard progression thread I run, and I was hoping you could clear this up ^^ but it seems sort of off and on that threads will include destroying the dragon eggs as a progression step. I'm just curious, how much of a boss are the eggs? What does it entail?
    Eggs should be a boss just as difficult as everything else as far as we know (think he mentioned it in the rift raid dev podcast a few days ago).
    Last edited by Value; 04-21-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Champion

The eggs are their own boss with their own loot. That's all I know, haven't actually seen it myself.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    I'm surprised that after actually killing hardmode conclave you're still willing to accept it as a separate boss. Kinda silly.
    I agree it's probably a little undertuned, but it's the only kill order that yields bonus (relic) loot and was clearly designed as a more advanced encounter by Trion -- all players knew about it in advance, too.

cool thanks for the response! I wasn't sure if it was an actual boss or something similar to defiling the altar in GP I'll update Faeblight's thread accordingly then

I approve of this system
    Morseus - P80 Defiant Mage
    Durandal - P70 Defiant Warrior
    Varkas - P3x Defiant Rogue

/Huge respect for the EU change you made.
    I hope the NA community embraces that.

Best of luck for the rest of ID.

Doc
    Rift is the Rachael of Bladerunner, we can never know exactly how long it will live, but it will burn so bright whilst it does.

Site definitely needs an update on it's Keenblade progression at least.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Site definitely needs an update on it's Keenblade progression at least.
    No one from Trinity has submitted anything yet.

I'm off to sleep, next update will be around 8 PM GMT.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

All I see here are points without a date kill of the highlighted boss in the main progression window/table. It'd be nice if those downed bosses had a mouse over tooltip that stated the date and time that they were killed. And no, I am not talking about the world first section below, don't really care about that.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast