+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expert Dungeon Gear Requirements?

Soulwalker

Default Expert Dungeon Gear Requirements?

I hit 50 the day of 1.8 (healing cleric), and I'm wondering if I can do expert dungeons with my tank buddy.

The Internet seems outdated on just how endgame progression works since the expert tiers merged in 1.7. In fact, I can't find a single resource that's been updated since the change.

The in-game Toughness stat mouse-over text recommends 100 toughness for experts. However, this would imply we'd have to grind the last three normal mode dungeons for Plaques ~70 times (assuming daily random bonus each time) to buy the entire T1 set of plaque gear before we could start experts. This seems excessive.

Could you guys confirm what toughness/hit/focus stats we actually need to do random experts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaric View Post
    I hit 50 the day of 1.8 (healing cleric), and I'm wondering if I can do expert dungeons with my tank buddy.

The Internet seems outdated on just how endgame progression works since the expert tiers merged in 1.7. In fact, I can't find a single resource that's been updated since the change.

The in-game Toughness stat mouse-over text recommends 100 toughness for experts. However, this would imply we'd have to grind the last three normal mode dungeons for Plaques ~70 times (assuming daily random bonus each time) to buy the entire T1 set of plaque gear before we could start experts. This seems excessive.

Could you guys confirm what toughness/hit/focus stats we actually need to do random experts?
    You can get a lot of toughness from dungeon drops, there is no need to get the full set of plaque gear. Also there's a toughness rune for chest, and crafted gear.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-20-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Rift Disciple

if you hover your mouse pointer over the stat on your character UI, it will say what levels are recommended for what content. I believe the UI still shows distinct values for T1 Experts and T2 Experts -- ignore the T1 Expert value; all Expert dungeons are now considered "T2 Expert" difficulty.

also, toughness is only needed by the tank. dps and healers don't need to worry about it at all.

-ken
    Last edited by Snowreap; 04-20-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    Snowreap Yellowtail Preyz Taralin
    < The Purge > Guardian Seastone

Ascendant

You also don't need any requirements at all if you pre-form a group, set the group dungeon difficulty to expert and have someone run to the entrance and run in. The only restriction is using the LFG tool to auto-find you a dungeon.

Soulwalker

Thanks TheGrinnz, that was helpful.

I posted this question on r/rift and got more detailed explanations -- if anybody else is curious, you can see the thread here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/comment..._requirements/

+ Reply to Thread