+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wildwalker

Thread: Ruining Progression

Default Ruining Progression

Please don't ruin progression for the rest of ID, some select few have already decided to do that. Thanks for nothing.

Ascendant

My advice is to not come to the forums for a while. They're all going to start getting itchy now that a lot of guilds have cleared these fights from scratch. They have to make it look like they're the people giving out all the hints and writing the guides from a publicity perspective now.

You're going to start seeing strategy leak, because it's publicity and attention for the guild who knows them. Publicity generates recruits. Recruits keep their status intact.

The first boss guide, for instance, is already going to be a publicity stunt. They no longer care who knows and doesn't know how to beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwalker View Post
    Please don't ruin progression for the rest of ID, some select few have already decided to do that. Thanks for nothing.
    I honestly don't know what or who you are referring to. What do you mean ruin your progression?

Quote Originally Posted by PFalcon View Post
    My advice is to not come to the forums for a while. They're all going to start getting itchy now that a lot of guilds have cleared these fights from scratch. They have to make it look like they're the people giving out all the hints and writing the guides from a publicity perspective now.

You're going to start seeing strategy leak, because it's publicity and attention for the guild who knows them. Publicity generates recruits. Recruits keep their status intact.

The first boss guide, for instance, is already going to be a publicity stunt. They no longer care who knows and doesn't know how to beat it.
    As for strategies: Although Trinity hasn't posted strategies or videos publicly, other than our website and our forums for member use (yet), no one is forcing anyone to take advice from players that have seen and/or downed the current content. Yes, I have helped old guildies on the first boss with basic mechanics to be aware of when they asked for help; but again, we aren't forcing you to watch our videos or read our strats. If anyone is "ruining your progression," it's yourselves. Also a "leak" occurs when information that shouldn't be privy to the public is let out, such as testing footage or strats for bosses before upcoming gating is unlocked. I do not see any of that happening. But continue to hate if you must.

"Piece out our imperfections with your thoughts"
    Cataplexis - Cleric - <Trinity> - Greybriar

Ascendant

I'm not hating. You're in the clear. I know the pressure is too high for some raid teams to prove they know what they're doing for the forum to be safe for people who don't want spoilers. Not even this forum is a good idea if you want to do your own thing in ID.

+ Reply to Thread