+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Expert Dungeon Rewards Vs. Master Mode?

Default Expert Dungeon Rewards Vs. Master Mode?

Ok soo me and a group did a master mode last night after the raid. Seeing as we had noticed the Expert Random Dungeon Rewards had been boosted up to yielding 2 Greater Marks of Ascension or 2 of the newer Infernal Marks of Ascension (which is surprising that they are being offered in equal amounts but I shrugged that off thinking it was because the equipment cost more), As a result we were expecting the Master Modes to Yield more and offer a boosted Greater Marks of Ascension reward, after all they are slightly more annoying and limited than Experts. Much to our surprise, Infernal Marks had been added (so I know it was not overlooked) but only 2, the same amount offered for expert dungeons, Not only that but I had also expected the Greater Marks to be boosted to being 1 above what an expert offers but they were not and remained the same at 2.

Soo effectively now we have Master Modes yielding the same reward options as an expert dungeon. This seems inconsistent with how these have been handled in the past and should be looked at. At this point (while I hate to admit it) I'm thinking that the expert rewards should only offer 1 Infernal Mark, and the Master Mode should have its greater marks and regular marks increased by 1 to make the risk vs reward more appropriate... Although I'm personally hoping they would just increase the mark rewards on master modes and leave the experts alone since I don't have as much free time to commit to a hardcore raiding guild for T3 content as I once might have =P However I'd certainly understand if they nerfed the expert rewards.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Keldaria View Post
    Ok soo me and a group did a master mode last night after the raid. Seeing as we had noticed the Expert Random Dungeon Rewards had been boosted up to yielding 2 Greater Marks of Ascension or 2 of the newer Infernal Marks of Ascension (which is surprising that they are being offered in equal amounts but I shrugged that off thinking it was because the equipment cost more), As a result we were expecting the Master Modes to Yield more and offer a boosted Greater Marks of Ascension reward, after all they are slightly more annoying and limited than Experts. Much to our surprise, Infernal Marks had been added (so I know it was not overlooked) but only 2, the same amount offered for expert dungeons, Not only that but I had also expected the Greater Marks to be boosted to being 1 above what an expert offers but they were not and remained the same at 2.

Soo effectively now we have Master Modes yielding the same reward options as an expert dungeon. This seems inconsistent with how these have been handled in the past and should be looked at. At this point (while I hate to admit it) I'm thinking that the expert rewards should only offer 1 Infernal Mark, and the Master Mode should have its greater marks and regular marks increased by 1 to make the risk vs reward more appropriate... Although I'm personally hoping they would just increase the mark rewards on master modes and leave the experts alone since I don't have as much free time to commit to a hardcore raiding guild for T3 content as I once might have =P However I'd certainly understand if they nerfed the expert rewards.
    I was pretty surprised by the change of 2 infernal marks per expert anyway, on the PTS every time I checked is was 2 GMoA or 1 Infernal.

Champion

Yeah this is pretty dumb, but I still like the 6 extra infernal marks(with 3 bonus chances) per every few days.

Aye, MM dungeons have more or less been neglected since introduced :/

Champion

The amount of IMoAs that are available from the most simple group content is terrible. These should not be awarded at all, but that won't happen.

So since removing them won't happen, they should only give 1 IMoA at a time. There's no reason for there to be 2+ from any form of group content for T3 raiding gear, when the amount that drops off the bosses so far in ID and minis is between 2-4+ IMoAs.

A group daily = an ID boss? What sense does that make?
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

Heh, you'll still run them tho! Even a single IMoA is too good to ignore at this point. Maybe in like a couple months people will pass on MM's but for now...I expect everyone will clear them right along side their experts.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post
    Heh, you'll still run them tho! Even a single IMoA is too good to ignore at this point. Maybe in like a couple months people will pass on MM's but for now...I expect everyone will clear them right along side their experts.
    Aye, but they seem to not be able to understand that it's purely the rewards that 'make' content. E.g. why people haven't been doing Masters since they had enough Greater Marks. Same will happen with Infernal Marks over time, so it doesn't really matter if it's 1, 2 or 4 - of course depending on what we'll be able to turn them in for.

But they really should encourage people to use and play the content either way, so the logical thing would be to up the rewards in Masters, if not in form of marks then pure PA Exp rewards. Good thing about exp rewards is that it's most often incentive enough, and not a spoiler in any way in form of rewarding raid items while not doing raid content. It's just a matter of how much is enough to get people to spend the time on doing this content that has been spend time on making.

Atm. it's just a waste, and Experts should be making most sick and tired by now :/

Also if you look at the price of the IMoA gear, the prices have all been raised to reflect the increased availability too. Belts/Boots are 80 not 50 and Bp's are 150 not 100.
    Last edited by Gyle; 04-21-2012 at 03:55 AM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Prophet of Telara

MM CR was pretty huge-*** fail by trion. Too long, too annoying, no/or barely any reward = no motivation to do it. I went in about a month post release simply to get the achievement points once. And im not aware of anyone else doing for any other reason than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex113 View Post
    MM CR was pretty huge-*** fail by trion. Too long, too annoying, no/or barely any reward = no motivation to do it. I went in about a month post release simply to get the achievement points once. And im not aware of anyone else doing for any other reason than that.
    Aye, should most definitely just have been split up into two like the expert versions - and had much more of a PA Exp reward from the beginning.

Plane Touched

All master modes are just lacking in a PA exp reward. If they rewards PA exp in an appropriate proportion people would be all over that.

I'm starting to wonder if Trion hasnt dont anything with Master Mode because they are planning to restructure the dungeon system anyways.

T1 and T2 dungeons anyone?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    A group daily = an ID boss? What sense does that make?
    As far as the total health it contributes to Rift?
    Not even questionable.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by PFalcon View Post
    As far as the total health it contributes to Rift?
    Not even questionable.
    Bosses should drop give a few more marks than they currently do and then it really would not be an issue.
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    Bosses should drop give a few more marks than they currently do and then it really would not be an issue.
    I think it's just fine the way it is, people will be gearing much faster than they did in HK.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Soulwalker

Default master mode hardly worth the effort

You would think that master mode dungeons would yield better/more reward for completion than expert mode dungeons. That would be logical and reasonable considering that the content is more difficult and takes longer to complete than expert. Obviously, such logic was not used when developing & introducing master mode dungeons.
    Note to self: Remember, just because developers use programming logic to write the code does not mean that they use actual logic when writing it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast