+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 18 Hk changes

Default 18 Hk changes

Just saw the changes for the first time to HK.
    We are currently 10/11 and took a whle getting there bceause of Grug and clearing the bottom floor.

And now i see this ?!?!

Code:
    HAMMERKNELL [Raid]
    * Inwar Darktide and Inquisitor Garau are now available after only Murdantix has been defeated, rather than after Murdantix and all downstairs bosses. Defeating Inwar and Garau still opens the portal to the Harbor and allows you to approach Jornaru and Akylios.
    Im sorry, what?
    You no longer have to do all the hard fights to be allowed to get to the 3 boss fghts that have some of the best loot?!

We worked our *** off on grug for weeks, and now people are just allowed to bypass him?
    ~Thanks Trion
    Forbiden (70) | Demara (70) | Midas (65) | Minatsuki (65)

Server = Zaviel!

Rift Disciple

This is inevitable, as new content comes out the older content will get nerfed, its how it is, so that the casuals are able to do more and feel less excluded from the more progression based guilds.

ID release corresponds to a large portion of guilds being 11/11 already for some time since wave nerf a while ago.
    Just be happy that your HK run will be considerably shorter than usual.

We did HK last night pre 1.8 in 2.5hrs with a few wipes here and there. I wouldnt mind killing the last '3' next week in less than 1hr and let the guild pug the rest on an off day.

edit:
    If any guild 'skips' due to this gating, then they will still have to learn a new fight on Garau and Darktide.

If you want ID to be easy, AFKgame for 3 months then come back
    Last edited by okooko; 04-18-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    Okooko <Synapse>
    Aerospace Engineer
    Yeah, I fly planes.

HK has been out for ages. We haven't finished it cos we only started recently, but I can completely see why they've done it. As soon as we've got our trinkets and maybe hopefully a few relics, were outa there to ID to keep up with the times. Id say they opened it up just so people have a choice to farm specific items.
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by QIao View Post
    We are currently 10/11 and took a whle getting there bceause of Grug and clearing the bottom floor.

And now i see this ?!?!

Code:
    HAMMERKNELL [Raid]
    * Inwar Darktide and Inquisitor Garau are now available after only Murdantix has been defeated, rather than after Murdantix and all downstairs bosses. Defeating Inwar and Garau still opens the portal to the Harbor and allows you to approach Jornaru and Akylios.
    Im sorry, what?
    You no longer have to do all the hard fights to be allowed to get to the 3 boss fghts that have some of the best loot?!

We worked our *** off on grug for weeks, and now people are just allowed to bypass him?
    ~Thanks Trion
    Totally off topic but what is with the Japanese in the signature. What relevance does it bear to the content of the site or Rift in general?
    Verae, level 60 Cleric @ Blightweald, Guild Master of Tea Club
    I want to fly like an eagle, to the sea.
    I want to fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me.

Quote Originally Posted by QIao View Post

And now i see this ?!?!

Code:
    HAMMERKNELL [Raid]
    Im sorry, what?

~Thanks Trion

Trinity downed Akylios before nerfs. We worked our ***** off avoiding waves and then they got super nerfed. ZOMG RAGE!

Just because people now have more access to the upper tier, doesn't mean they'll be able to down the bosses.

"Piece out our imperfections with your thoughts"
    Cataplexis - Cleric - <Trinity> - Greybriar

Its from the header of the site, its a way to say "good luck"
    And its a strats site for RIFT...so, yeah thers some relevance there.

Just because its not eglish, dosent make it off topic.
    Last edited by QIao; 04-18-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Server = Zaviel!

Wow, you're 10/11 post Aky nerf. What was your point again?

Trion wants people to gear up for ID, maybe you heard of it. Their new gimmick raid.

Plane Walker

Trion cannnot please everyone it seems

"So not really sure how it died, i think that the plug may not have been fully in." - 'Dahanese

Wigglezzz | Cleric | World First Crucia Perfection | World Second Regulos | World First GA

Despite everyone who says otherwise, post-nerf Akylios is still the hardest fight in HK. If you couldn't do lower floor, you're not going to be able to kill him.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

for myself, i dont care if we have to go work at HK some more, getting more gear and whatnnot.
    but dont just gve handouts to people who cant be botherd working at it !

Were a social guild at 10/11 P2, id hapily leave HK as s and just work towards a goal, and let every 1 eles do the same.

Server = Zaviel!

I doubt that most groups that are fresh out of T1's are going to be able to go upstairs without wiping on the trash. I honestly feel that this is a way to allow the guilds that have been on or downing Akylios for a bit a way to bypass the bosses that they literally need nothing from while still attaining the Aky Relics that in theory should be relevant for a while. If a group with no or very little HK gear downed Akylios I would be surprised even in his current state and if someone has been in HK 1-3 times a week for 8 months but still needs relic doesn't want to have to do the same 7 bosses again, good on them. Basically it benefits those that have been grinding the raid for months.
    Last edited by Phenris; 04-18-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    Family is Forever

odd for a social guild to be up in arms about such a topic
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Nobody who isn't working for it is going to down Akylios even after all those changes. It didn't get (much) easier, it now can be done faster with less time wasted on boring fights you've done week after week only to not progress because your peeps can't or don't want to raid more than 2x2 hrs a week.

Rift Disciple

First of all, hard fights? Akylios is probably the only fight that can be considered remotely challenging, and if progressing guilds want to bypass 10/11 farm bosses to eat some sushi, that's their prerogative. Think about the mounds of guilds that have been 11/11 for quite some time who only need loot from Akylios. This gives them the ability to walk into HK and drop Akylios within the hr for the remaining relics they need, then spend the rest of the night progressing through ID. Sounds reasonable to me.
    Last edited by Focusv5; 04-19-2012 at 12:30 AM.

It's so you can still farm trinkets without wasting a bunch of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast