+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Verea
  • 1 Post By bctrainers

Thread: To people saying "world first don't matter"

Default To people saying "world first don't matter"

Hello,

Welcome to a world where you are not alone. In real life you will sometimes meet people that care about stuff you don't care about. This might not be important to you, but it is important to some people, very important in fact.

A lot of people care about World Firsts, you might not and that's your good right; unfortunately, the game isn't designed for you but it's designed for everybody. We cannot keep everyone happy, but we should at least to try and find a good compromise to keep as much people happy as possible.

This quite frankly includes world first players. While a minority, it's still a large group of players who care a lot for this game; in fact, probably as much as you do and maybe - just maybe - even more, as they are willing to put so much time in it.

Frankly put, the argument "nobody cares about world firsts", is perhaps the most stupid argument ever laid down on this forum. Even worse than any argument on the PvP and class forums.

Put yourself in our shoes for a moment, how would you like it if suddenly we made the game so incredibly hard that you can only kill a boss if you did it perfectly. Everyone had to have super optimal 100% perfect DPS and had to be totally perfect on movement in a measure of milliseconds. A single failure - even minor - would wipe you.

That's not fun for you, we wouldn't want that either. We ask for little, it would probably not even affect you too much at all. All we want is our progression race to be fair and square, on a leveled playing field. Nothing else. Oh and yes, we too want tested content at the end of the day, we'd just like it without the circle-jerking going around.

Please respect other groups of players, just like we - hardcore players - respect you. We want to make the game better for everyone, not just ourselves.
    Last edited by Verea; 04-18-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Verae, level 60 Cleric @ Blightweald, Guild Master of Tea Club
    I want to fly like an eagle, to the sea.
    I want to fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me.

Quote Originally Posted by Verea View Post
    Hello,

Welcome to a world where you are not alone. In real life you will sometimes meet people that care about stuff you don't care about. This might not be important to you, but it is important to some people, very important in fact.

A lot of people care about World Firsts, you might not and that's your good right; unfortunately, the game isn't designed for you but it's designed for everybody. We cannot keep everyone happy, but we should at least to try and find a good compromise to keep as much people happy as possible.

This quite frankly includes world first players. While a minority, it's still a large group of players who care a lot for this game; in fact, probably as much as you do and maybe - just maybe - even more, as they are willing to put so much time in it.

Frankly put, the argument "nobody cares about world firsts", is perhaps the most stupid argument ever laid down on this forum. Even worse than any argument on the PvP and class forums.

Put yourself in our shoes for a moment, how would you like it if suddenly we made the game so incredibly hard that you can only kill a boss if you did it perfectly. Everyone had to have super optimal 100% perfect DPS and had to be totally perfect on movement in a measure of milliseconds. A single failure - even minor - would wipe you.

That's not fun for you, we wouldn't want that either. We ask for little, it would probably not even affect you too much at all. All we want is our progression race to be fair and square, on a leveled playing field. Nothing else. Oh and yes, we too want tested content at the end of the day, we'd just like it without the circle-jerking going around.

Please respect other groups of players, just like we - hardcore players - respect you. We want to make the game better for everyone, not just ourselves.
    Time zones say world firsts are stupid and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Time zones say world firsts are stupid and pointless.
    Thank you for taking your time to read the post. /sarcasm
    Verae, level 60 Cleric @ Blightweald, Guild Master of Tea Club
    I want to fly like an eagle, to the sea.
    I want to fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me.

First.

/10chr
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Verea View Post
    While a minority, it's still a large group of players who care a lot for this game.
    Not really. Probably about 80 players in the world. Noble try though.
    You're just fooled by the fact that every single one of them posts here. Extreme selection bias.

We have more competitive ultimate frisbee leagues around town.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by PFalcon View Post
    Not really. Probably about 80 players in the world. Noble try though.
    Your wisdom knows no bounds, PFalcon.

It's incredible how you know all this stuff.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjah View Post
    Your wisdom knows no bounds, PFalcon.

It's incredible how you know all this stuff.
    I know, it really does.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Who cares at this point, it's just a line of text... pixels on the screen.

If you're playing the game to get more spiffy pixels on your screen, well, it's still pixels.
    --BC

+ Reply to Thread