+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JimboTCB

Thread: Sicaron

Plane Touched

Default Sicaron

Hello,
    we plan to have our first try ton Sicaron this week and i was wondering which part is the most difficult.
    From what i've read we have to take care of the following :

1. Tank n spank ?? You need a 2nd tank just stacking on the first to take some of the damage, nothing more? So 2nd tank will just sit and watch ?
    2. 1 purger to keep purging when debuff is at 1s. after 20% need a 2nd purger too
    3. put the Icons in a strategy way so there is enouph room. I guess the more dps we have the less icons we have to deal with ?
    4. 1 mass dispeller (maybe 2 clerics). IF i put 2 clerics one in group 1 and the other in group 3, will be mass cleanse the effect/ will it work that way ?

Which part is that if 1 member does it wrong - everyone wipes?
    Any advices will be appreciated.

2. 1 purger to keep purging when debuff is at 1s. after 20% need a 2nd purger too
    Yup, could throw an extra (backup) purger in there, in case one of the first 2 purgers die.
    3. put the Icons in a strategy way so there is enouph room. I guess the more dps we have the less icons we have to deal with ?
    Yup - take a look at this GIF for placement: http://www.riftstrats.com/wp-content...lplacement.gif (props to Riftstrats.com for the GIF).
    4. 1 mass dispeller (maybe 2 clerics). IF i put 2 clerics one in group 1 and the other in group 3, will be mass cleanse the effect/ will it work that way ?
    It doesn't quite work like that, but if you tell the raid to split up into 2 groups (groups 1+2 on the left leg, and groups 3+4 on the right leg), you can put a dispeller in each of those 2 groups, and their AoE cleanse should get everyone.

If the purgeable ability doesn't get purged, you wipe.
    If you place an idol and your character touches another idol, you wipe.

There you go, hope it helped .
    Currently not raiding.
    5/5 FT, 5/5 EE.

Quote Originally Posted by Simos View Post
    <...Snipped...>
    1. Tank n spank ?? You need a 2nd tank just stacking on the first to take some of the damage, nothing more? So 2nd tank will just sit and watch?
    I've never actually watched our tanks during this fight. I do know that there are two of them and I just assumed that they were swapping. Now, I'll have to ask.

1s? Wow. That's cutting it close. If everything else was perfect (ie. No lag, no unplanned contracts, etc.) 1s would be great as you can extend the cooldown window for other purgers. Other than that, why would you want to wait so long? We normally let it go to 5s in the initial and maybe down to 2-3s in the later phases when they start to re-occur more often.

3. put the Icons in a strategy way so there is enouph room. I guess the more dps we have the less icons we have to deal with?
    Interesting. I suppose that's true as well if all things go as planned. In my experience so far, there is always the RnG / Internet factor that tends to get in the way. Our runs are improving on the execution time as more of the raid gets geared but I suspect that the real effect of higher DPS won't be evident for us until at least 70% of the raid reaches 'well geared' status.

4. 1 mass dispeller (maybe 2 clerics). IF i put 2 clerics one in group 1 and the other in group 3, will be mass cleanse the effect/will it work that way ?
    I am usually a purger for this fight. I do know that there are a couple of clensers dedicated to this task.

Usually, wipes in this fight are due to either a missed purge or Contract Management. Also the odd Internet occurences (like a tank D/Cing in the middle of the fight, or someone running a contract lagging).

It can be a pain but successful completion is a sweet thing.
    "Might does not make right... It just makes it possible."

Alekto, Cleric - Eryon, Warrior - Mause, Rogue - Casuane, Cleric

General of Telara

Hello,
    we plan to have our first try ton Sicaron this week and i was wondering which part is the most difficult.
    From what i've read we have to take care of the following :

1. Tank n spank ?? You need a 2nd tank just stacking on the first to take some of the damage, nothing more? So 2nd tank will just sit and watch ?
    Have your 2nd tank be a warrior (with VK for purge) or a cleric (with inqui fo purge or puri/warden for a cleanse) so they have something else to do than stand on the main tank. For the "why?", the damage dealt by Moldering Decay (the only spell that hurts the tank) is split between every player in front of Sicaron. So a solo warrior will take up to like 6-7k damage per tick, while 2 warriors would take up to 3-3.5k per tick each (a lot of that will be mitigated by block). At some point, your tanks will survive a full decay with barely any heals so you can switch to a single tank to keep your healers entertained and get one more dps.

For purges, we usually have 3 clerics taking turns. Having 3 purgers means we can purge at 2-3 sec left and have a pretty nice error margin, even at the end and also not have to worry if a purger gets a contract to place at the wrong moment.

And for the cleanses, once 1.8 is here you can just have your archon cast his AE dispel everytime the boss is casting his debuff. If he doesn't totally fail at aiming 20 people packed together, it will cleanse the 4 affected people everytime with the changes to smart cleansing.
    Last edited by Ethanol; 04-18-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Eryon View Post
    1s? Wow. That's cutting it close. If everything else was perfect (ie. No lag, no unplanned contracts, etc.) 1s would be great as you can extend the cooldown window for other purgers. Other than that, why would you want to wait so long? We normally let it go to 5s in the initial and maybe down to 2-3s in the later phases when they start to re-occur more often.
    That's mostly still a left over from the preNerf tactics where you wanted 5 purgers where you can now just use 2. Not exactly sure what the timer is at 20% though. If you are purging so fast I presume you have more than 2 purgers.

Well we have killed Sicaron from a long time now 3 or 4 months might be longer so we kill him every week.

We still have 3 purgers as essential to beating this encounter.

Our Archon cleanses the Hex, but have backup clerics for this as well, as Archon gets his cleansing circle wrong and touches Sicaron he dies.

Plus any member of the raid can get to do the slab so you need some one to cover his/her job.

Good Luck on this fun encounter

COOL!

I didn't know about the Archon method (we're kinda low on mages some runs but I think we always have an Archon along). I'll be sure to bring that up this next run!

And we have to dedicated purgers with standbys ordered to purge if timer gets below 3s. Overkill yes. But much better than wiping at 75%.
    "Might does not make right... It just makes it possible."

Alekto, Cleric - Eryon, Warrior - Mause, Rogue - Casuane, Cleric

As a fresh go, second tank is needed to absorb the moldering decay. It splits between the tanks. He just dpses in tank gear basically.

We use two dps clerics purging the entire fight, taking turns, just to keep the order going. Since cleric purge is down to 10s CD, it's a lot easier than when the CD was 15s and you needed a third purger. Now, unless one gets contract, you can get away with two.

[QUOTE=Simos;3739541]3. put the Icons in a strategy way so there is enouph room. I guess the more dps we have the less icons we have to deal with ?

As stated in a previous post, look at the GIF on riftstrats. Voodoo has done a nice putting that guide together and is a great resource for new guilds.

We run two Icars with cleans macros. What I like to do for efficiency sake is set up macros as such:

Raid Group 1-2 priority
    #show Cleansing Prayer
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @group01 Cleansing Prayer
    cast @group02 Cleansing Prayer
    ... (countup to @group10)
    ... @group10 Cleansing Prayer
    ... @group20 Cleansing Prayer
    (countdown to @group11)

Raid Group 3-4 priority
    #show Cleansing Prayer
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @group11 Cleansing Prayer
    cast @group12 Cleansing Prayer
    ... (countup to @group20)
    ... @group20 Cleansing Prayer
    ... @group10 Cleansing Prayer
    (countdown to @group01)

With one cleric with group1-2 macro and the other cleric group3-4 macro. They will eventually overlap if need but it prioritizes players without two cleanser attempting to cleanse the same person. (Send me PM if confused or need the full cleanse macro)

Any advices will be appreciated.
    This is many things. Someone forgets to purge. Wipe. Someone with contract doesn't move our of raid. Wipe. Tank dies. Wipe. Hexes aren't being cleansed. Manageable, but may wipe raid. Contract carrier runs into previous contract zone. Wipe.

"Piece out our imperfections with your thoughts"
    Cataplexis - Cleric - <Trinity> - Greybriar

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

One person with Empowering Light can now handle all cleanses, or the Archon can continue to do it solo as the AoE cleanses are now smart cleanses.

Contract placement depends on your DPS as well, we usually just place four corners first and fill in around the edges so we don't have to move the boss. It's probably safer just to go by the original placement strategy.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

When we were first progressing, we found it easier to just have 3 purgers in a strict rotation from the start - it's more than necessary, but when you're still learning it makes it less distracting to have a fixed rotation instead of trying to remember when additional purgers need to jump in. It also gives you room for error if someone needs to purge early to run out with a contract, for example.

Contract placement, it's preferable to stick with a predetermined pattern while you're still learning the fight. The gif linked above is what we used to use and works fine. Key thing is that everyone knows when they get a contract where they're going to run to, and can go there immediately. You can just about squeeze in six to a row if you get the placements perfect, but five should give you plenty of time unless your DPS is well off the pace. While progressinng you might want to use Living Energy+runspeed, instead of Fervor, just to make life easier if people are a bit slow off the mark, and make sure everyone is using insoles as well.

Otherwise, people need to be able to push out their maximum DPS while paying attention to when they get a contract or need to purge/cleanse. It might be useful to have one designated and reliable person calling out each mechanic over voice comms - i.e. who's purging next, who's got a contract - and keep chat absolutyely clear other than them.

Good luck, have fun - he's a real pain in the *** who will test your raid's situational awareness and punish you if any single person messes it up. The worst thing you can do is start arguing when you wipe - and you will wipe many, many times before you get it down - and just accept that people will inevitably screw something up. But if certain people are consistently messing up, have a word with them in private and out of the raid - it's a great fight for weeding out people with bad raid awareness or who can't manage to handle their rotations while dealing with mechanics.

Plane Touched

Many thanks for your replies.

More or less i got the answers I expected.
    On Saturday we will move there and i'll let you know how it went.

Regards,
    Simos.

Plane Touched

Hello again.
    We tried him today for about 1 hour.

Personallyi found him quite easy. For tank mostly tanknspank, for the 80% of the raid just single target dps and when you hear your name prepare to position the Icon proplerly.

Healers did the cleanse and worked perfectly.
    Tanks splitted the damage and worked most of the time.

We only got him 60% and thats due to some people struggle to understand how to achieve better positioning. Once they train a bit more, i think would be an easy kill. Maybe easier than Zilas.

Question: how much DPS you need for him (after nerf)?
    Last edited by Simos; 04-21-2012 at 02:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread