+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking Inwar melee side and dealing with stuns..

Default Tanking Inwar melee side and dealing with stuns..

I have searched for this a few times but cant find any information..

I am hoping I am missing some awesome trick I can use to Keep from being stunned the whole time im trying to grab adds on the melee side as the tank..

I use break free and tempered will but I am still stunned so often that I am having issues grabbing and holding all the mobs..

Sometimes it goes well and I can get them all without ppl dying and sometimes I get stunned so much I cant do crap...

Anyone have any Ideas or suggestions I can try to cut down on the amount i get stunned doing this part of the fight?

I would really appreciate it.

I forgot to mention Im a Warrior, 38rv,20wl,8pal
    Thanks
    Last edited by Backwoods; 04-17-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Ascendant

have warrior dps with way of the mountain pull them for you
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKillian View Post
    ^This is what we do as well. Just taunt it off before it gets into melee range. Also no adds spawn if you do it this way, i actually forgot they even existed until i read your post.
    Last edited by Gyle; 04-17-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKillian View Post
    Thanks I made this post while we are in Hk so Im going to try this Next pull here. I hope it works because pulling them myself and getting sucked in and stunned was really making it difficult.

Is there any videos of you guys doing it this way I can check out just to see how yall do the fight?

Ok I tried it , It worked well but one of our ppl got pulled in anyway.. Is there any way to stop ppl from getting pulled in? I mean I know the reason for the way of the mountain warrior is so he doesnt get pulled in but what if a healer gets pulled in? Is there anyway to get past that?

Other then that this way is much easier so far.. I just need more info so I can try and convine the higher powers in my guild to let me tank it this way..

Quote Originally Posted by Sanoske View Post
    Ok I tried it , It worked well but one of our ppl got pulled in anyway.. Is there any way to stop ppl from getting pulled in? I mean I know the reason for the way of the mountain warrior is so he doesnt get pulled in but what if a healer gets pulled in? Is there anyway to get past that?

Other then that this way is much easier so far.. I just need more info so I can try and convine the higher powers in my guild to let me tank it this way..
    They only pull the top person on their agro list afaik. They shouldn't be pulling anyone at all.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    They only pull the top person on their agro list afaik. They shouldn't be pulling anyone at all.
    Should I have 1 warrior with way of mountain Pull each big add 1 at a time > or sometihng ddiff

The first one we tank at spawn. I just wait until i see it aggro and taunt before it pulls that person in (make sure bard isn't running motifs). On the second one, I let a warrior body pull (he doesn't have to move far), and on the third one, I just let the same warrior run in front and taunt it as it's running at him and pull it on top of the tide warden.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sanoske View Post

The rest of the melee side raid should Los behind the rock to make sure no one gets pulled

After u kill the first guy move together to that rock in the corner and while everyone LOS' have the warrior dps pull for u
    Last edited by TheRealKillian; 04-18-2012 at 05:11 AM.
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Our melee tank pulls them. We just have a cleric (me) with his trigger finger on the cleanse button. Won't fire until he gets stunned so you can spam it. I also have the other cleric (we have 2 per side) HC me or spam his DoLs when the adds spawn since they like to charge me when I cleanse. Never had an issue with it that way.
    Last edited by The Real Viz Shady; 04-18-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

WotM should work just fine. Everybody stands on the ramp, the WotM warrior runs out and does path of the raptor or something and weaves his way back. Tank taunts, add dies, someone yells at me in vent to wake up because the melee side of Inwar is just SO BORING.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

+ Reply to Thread