+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gradient

Thread: Why not change Wednesday resets for guild chosen resets within a min & max timeframe?

Default Why not change Wednesday resets for guild chosen resets within a min & max timeframe?

This is a serious question, why Wednesday (when for one example EU gets new tuning for Thursday not Wednesday)?
    Why have a fixed day at all? Why not let each guild balance their farming versus progression in a way that better suits them? Many guilds might like the freedom to raid quite different nights of the week, and even spread the server load and lag.

This has worked very well in other MMO's, allowing guilds to reset raid zones anywhere within a defined window, like between 4days earliest and 12days latest.
    Last edited by Gradient; 04-17-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Guild/Raid leader of Shoreline 5/8 ID (No reflect Rusila, hardmode Conclave) Recruiting a few more excellent raiders: for Infernal Dawn progression

This belongs in the suggestions forum.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

whats to stop super leetest hardcore guild A from just swapping to an "alt" guild with a different reset so that they can clear the instance multiple times a week?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    whats to stop super leetest hardcore guild A from just swapping to an "alt" guild with a different reset so that they can clear the instance multiple times a week?
    This is the exact thing I thought about... what's stopping a group of people making alts and just having a couple of shell guilds to run any content they want at any point in time.

Even if you take it and put a 7 day on the individual person then you run in to problems if I happen to hop in a PUG to down a boss then I can't come on the guild run next week because my reset time would be different than the guild reset time.

I agree that the certain day and time setup they have isn't a perfect solution, but I can't think of a better way to do it.

Just because raids reset on a Wednesday doesn't mean you have to run them on Wednesday. Bosses do still drop loot on any of the other six days of the week, and if you're doing guild runs it's not like people should have gone and locked themselves earlier in the week if you do them Mon/Tue. The only way this could be a problem is if you need an entire week to clear one dungeon, in which case you've got far bigger issues than which day the reset kicks in.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    Ehhh?

So there alts share raid lockouts with there mains now? lol.

Wait, forgot they raid on there main toon then wait for reset to raid on alts.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

+ Reply to Thread