Closed Thread

Thread: ID nearly here, rift progression is ready.

Rift Master

Default ID nearly here, rift progression is ready.

Hello all, with Infernal Dawn landing Thursday EU prime time, Rift progression is ready for your submissions. (Site: http://riftprogression.com/)

Whats changed since the last update? Nothing major, but a few minor changes to keep consistency and user viewing easy.
    • Re-enabled highliting and right click, after much thought. Whilst there isn't a major need for this, I could see why some people would get frustrated
    • Remove tier 1 and lower items from the bis lists. Only HK/ROTP/ID/Crafted and better items will now be listed (if an item from GSB is still better than a HK item, it WILL be listed though) Rogue dps is 1.8 launch ready, warrior one is still 1.7
    • Enabled the submission form on the site and removed the need for your email address, think anonmity from your real life is important, so instead changed it to rift forum username just incase i need to contact you regarding your submission.
    • Removed the shard progression link list. Whilst nice in idea, new threads get created daily/weekly and keeping on top of that isn't on my top priority list, so got rid.
    • Removed the side bar from the site, I will not be accepting donations either as it's futile to ask. I will also not display ads on the site, again; pointless.

Where the progression list was going to get updated indefinitely, I decided against this for realistic terms. If a guild kills a boss 1 year after it's release, it means I have to manually check and import the data. This isn't practical, So a cut off point of 60 days after the world first kill of the last boss (when a guild gets 8/8) has been put in place. After that point the list will get archived and submissions closed.

Enjoy the race and competition folks. Note, I don't want suggestions in this thread, I'll make one after ID progression asking for feedback and see how it goes from there.

Thanks for the continued support. http://riftprogression.com/
    Last edited by Nuxt; 04-17-2012 at 06:48 AM.
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Looking back at RIFT is bittersweet. Ah damn.

Ascendant

Wait a minute ID releases Thursday?
    Link
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKillian View Post
    Link
    Link to my brain is too long.
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Rift Disciple

Link
    Seriously. Would love to know when the patch is actually coming. If it was delayed only one week, conventional wisdom would say tomorrow. However, the current world event states it ends 4/19 (Thursday), and the Facebook page linking the ID walkthrough states it comes out "next week."

Can we please get some confirmation?

Shadowlander

Link
    He said for EU shards. We still get it Wednesday according to elrars post.

Rift Master

Also, submission no longer need you to add 7 to your achievement time if in the US, veevs point system converts it automatically through excel.

If you can't submit a kill now, you would be stupid ;)

Little correction on your submit page, it's EU-BriseSol.

Are you counting World First Ember Conclave as the Normal mode or Hardmode version?
    Nope.

Champion

Not my site (so direct most questions to Nuxt), but atm I'm setting it up so there are 9 encounters total:

Warboss Drak
    Maklamos the Scryer
    Rusila Dreadblade
    Ituziel
    Ember Conclave (Meeting Adjourned)
    Ember Conclave (Impossi...breetu)
    Laethys
    Dragon Eggs
    Maelforge

"Meeting Adjourned" is the achievement for killing any mode of Conclave. "Impossi...breetu" is the achievement for killing Ereetu last (hard mode). So if you kill hard mode before ever killing normal mode, you would just submit kill info for both achievements.

Rift Master

What veev said, We discussed the hard mode situation for some time and decided it was the best way, in no way does rift progression want to penalize anyone for deciding to do hard mode first if they're able.

Who goes back and kills normal mode once they've killed hard mode anyway?

So there will be 9 progression bosses in total, if you kill the conclave hard mode for the first time WITHOUT killing it normal mode, you will have to manually submit both kills. (But they will both count and you wont have to kill it normal mode next week just to get progression points) killing it hard mode earns you both progression point kills, you just have to manually submit both kills at the same time. Hope that clears things up on HM.
    Last edited by Nuxt; 04-17-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Rift Master

The back end got a last minute update making it easier for the user on submission, we no longer need you to change time based on time zones, we no longer need you to select times zones, time zoned is taken from if you pick an NA-, EU- or RU- shard

The new hard mode encounter has been added too.

You may want to look at the backend again on how it determines time of kill. Voodoo and my guild killed Drak before Dark Horizon (All 3 of us are on Byriel), but they are listed as World First.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    You may want to look at the backend again on how it determines time of kill. Voodoo and my guild killed Drak before Dark Horizon (All 3 of us are on Byriel), but they are listed as World First.
    Wasn't a back end error, human error. Whoever submitted for dark horizon put AM and not PM. I didn't catch this error initially, but later re-looked at the screenshots and fixed it.

Alas, Voodoo are leading the pack with 2 world firsts with Trinity just behind them

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread per the OP's request.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread