+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid ID's (lockout) Extensions

Default Raid ID's (lockout) Extensions

Hi,

Situation: I would estimate 4 out of the last 7 weeks we have had mass simultaneous DC's in our HK (im not even going to begin to speculate). We only raid twice a week for a 2.5hr and 3hr time slot (Casuals OMG OMG OMG). We are 5/11 but if we hadn't had to throw away 4+ nights away we would be much further in. NO ONE cares about the gear since most of us have 4 peice and we meet the DPS requirements. All we want to do is see new fights and content.

My point: Why can we not extend ID's (lockouts) to the next week?

Note: I can completely understand why this would not be a feature in a new instance like Infernal Dawn where top guilds are racing for world firsts and they would continually extend it until they cleared it. For something like HK where it has been cleared for donkeys months I don't see the harm.
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Sword of Telara

I would have to agree, I don't see the harm in extending a lockout if a raid wishes to do so, even if for only one week (to give you a 2week lockout maximum). The main issue I think here is, not only will Trion have to change the basis of their lockout system, who will be the one that decides to cancel the reset? Does the raidleader decide? Does every individual member have to decide? If the latter, how can we avoid that people don't reset their lockout only to find out others did? Imagine the storm of tickets Trion would receive asking for manual lockout changing.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

You could just go to different bosses after murdantix. Not sure which direction you usually go, but after Murdantix is down, you can either go Matron (right), RKM (middle) or Zilas (left). So if you want to see new fights, it's also up to you (or your raidleader).
    Warrior Tank of:
    <Imperium> - IcewatchEU
    TotDQ [4/4], FT [4/4], EE [5/5]
    Hardmodes [Zaviel / Kain]

www.imperium.co

I have always been a fan of individual lockouts vs the day of the week reset. It allows guilds to set their schedule not raid on one laggy day of the week. Come on Scott you know they were great in EQ2 bring the love. 7 day locks were 5 day reset so either you had 7 days to complete or had the ability to reset in 5 if you have cleared already. There were also 5 and 9 days for some raid zones it was really dependent on how many bosses and the raid difficulty.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

I would like this to be implemented. Maybe if you have cleared the first 4 bosses you have the option to extend the reset by a week to clear it, so it only gives those groups who CAN complete it a chance rather than every group coming along and hitting brick walls for weeks at a time.
    You've got red on you.

Would be great if optional.

You don't get better at encounters by doing them less often, and you don't get gear upgrades from bosses you're not killing as many times. If you're hitting a "brick wall" because you're struggling to down earlier bosses in a dungeon quickly and reliably and not having enough time to work on progression, surely the solution is to work on getting better at them so you waste less time each reset and can spend more time on actual new bosses?

Dunno about you, but if I was only raiding for six hours a week and still on progression, I'd think it'd be more efficient to spend one night downing what you can, and one progressing. And just because you're a "casual" guild doesn't mean you have to slack and waste raid time. If everyone turns up on time with their act together and ready to go, 2 and a half hours should be plenty to clear the bottom floor - cutting into your already-limited raid time with slackness, random AFKs and the like is going to harm your progression much more than the weekly reset.

Ascendant

There are two issues here:

1) Your guild is unlikely to ever complete HK. Simple truth, you don't raid enough to make serious progression into the upper floors of HK, because the instance is too long. My guild recently finished HK, and its basically 4-5 hrs just to get to Aky, assuming you it takes you a few attempts on some of the bosses (Grug/Sic). HK is just plain casual guild unfriendly, much more so than GSB/RoS.

2) Having said that, you need to evaluate progression vs gearing. What that means is early HK is laid out very well for progression. So focus on clearing a single wing. Once you've got that wing cleared two weeks in a row, go straight from Murdantix into the other wing. This will give you more progression time at the expense of losing some loot.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post

1) Your guild is unlikely to ever complete HK. Simple truth, you don't raid enough to make serious progression into the upper floors of HK, because the instance is too long. My guild recently finished HK, and its basically 4-5 hrs just to get to Aky, assuming you it takes you a few attempts on some of the bosses (Grug/Sic). HK is just plain casual guild unfriendly, much more so than GSB/RoS.

2) Having said that, you need to evaluate progression vs gearing. What that means is early HK is laid out very well for progression. So focus on clearing a single wing. Once you've got that wing cleared two weeks in a row, go straight from Murdantix into the other wing. This will give you more progression time at the expense of losing some loot.
    Clearing HK gets faster once everyone knows the fights and your raid gear levels rise.

Also with 1.8 all the trash HP is further reduced as is Gareu. Estrode is now a much faster fight since you can use a normal raid composition.

I think it is incorrect to say that HK today is casual guild unfriendly. The encounters are not trivial and can be unforgiving if you have very weak mechanic capable players but the difficulty level is substantially (by an order of magnitude) from where it has been.

ID lockout extensions seem like something pretty difficult to pull off as individuals will want the reset, others may not.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Telaran

I like this idea, but the reverse. If you are going add options to extend lockout periods, can you give the option to shorten it as well?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post

Meh, we didn't add a third raid day until we reached Aky, which was before his last nerf (and yes, he's still not dead). Even for us, who carries bads and starts 15-20 minutes late each raid, we can still clear through Garau in one night, but typically just bottom floor.

As pointed out too, with 1.8, the bottom floor will be even faster.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

u can manually extend by staying in the instance during the lockout reset.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrLith View Post
    u can manually extend by staying in the instance during the lockout reset.
    Pro! luv it. Problem solved. Thanx
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread