+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: the best reasons/excuses for being late to or missing a raid

Default the best reasons/excuses for being late to or missing a raid

A few weeks ago i was roughly 15 minuites late for a raid, due to the fact that on the way home i got stuck behind a tractor on my way home from work, when i logged on to teamspeak and uttered the words 'Sorry im late tonight lads, i was stuck behind a tractor' everyone erupted with laughter, while the majority of my guild found this unbelievable (to be honest even i find it hard to believe) this made me think....

Whats the 'Best' reason or excuse you've heard or even used for being late or missing a raid?
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Shadowlander

For me it was nearly the same.

Our raids usually start at 19:00. I work till 18:30, that means i got about 30 minutes to drive from my workplace to my apartement. It's about 4 miles, that means a 5-10 minutes drive.

This friday, however, some farmers thought it's already summertime. They got nothing better to do as to go for a walk with their cows. That said, i was late for about 15 minutes, but it wasn't a big deal, nevertheless we downed Grugonim ang Garau and also Inwar. So it was still a nice evening with an update to 10/11 and now only Akylios is left.

Not in Rift but WAR: [edit] daylight-saving time, forgot to adjust my clock".. we raided on Thursdays...
    Last edited by Augureze; 04-16-2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: edit one word, inappropriate language

Someone I know got their car towed twice in two weeks or something. Poor guy. <3 u Aiai. [Edit]

And I've been late once from work overtime and once cause someone dinged (leveled up) my car door as I was getting off... work
    Last edited by Alyn; 04-16-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

Plane Touched

family deaths
    <Addiction>

I Dont think one exists :P

I drove backwards, down a 4 lane highway after a major collision in front of me, to get up the what is now my "offramp". If anyone knows the gardener in T.O, youd call me crazy. I still was 5 min late
    Calm As A Bomb

Here are a couple excuses some of our members have used over the past year.

I have to help a friend steal back her tv from her ex.
    Possible absence or lateness. Going to shoot the [Edit] heck out of some guns and blow stuff up.
    I will be at a friends going away party, drinking copious amounts of alcohol.
    Wont be on tonight, out tasting cakes for wedding.
    House is being bug sprayed this morning, not allowed inside for approximately 3-4 hours.
    House fire, no idea when I'll be able to return.
    Some [Edit] person reported me for impersonating a GM and I am currently banned for 24 hours.
    Last edited by Alyn; 04-16-2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

Over my 22+ yrs of online gameing from BBS to muds to internet to MMOs I've been late due to:

1. Goats breaking out of pens
    2. Peacocks getting loose.
    3. Game warden inspecting pens
    4. Neighbors house on fire (Twice) - had to wake him up once (He is 80+ yrs old)
    5. Neighbors son (25+ yrs old, dumb beggar) wanting to know "You want that? Can I have that?"
    6. Phone company "accidently" splicing our line with someone elses line - had a party line for a while - This was back in the EQ 56Kbps modem days.
    7. Death, not my own.
    8. 24+ hours of patching on a analog modem
    9. Dog chewing cable in two.
    10. nail thrown from lawnmower impaling my thumb, pliers got that out and could still raid.
    11. Unexpected mother-in-law visits. Not very late for these! /ignore.
    12. Power outages
    13. Tornado removing one wall and most the roof of my house
    14. Computer going up in smoke - so... the video card fan went out and I had the case open with a normal house box fan blowing on it - it worked well for a long time!
    15. Wife bug-bombing the house before I got home, on raid night, without asking... No I didn't end up in jail. And no, I wasn't about to go breath the fumes - though I did think seriously about it.

The most interesting places I have played MMOs from:

1. From a tent at a lake.
    2. Resort park hotels.
    3. Truckstop parking lot in the sleeper of a semi-truck... Ya I was a truck-driver for a few years, now I'm into law - go figure!

Not myself really but in the last couple years being raid leader heard a few doozies as to ninja afks and having to leave early.

1. Ball Fungus-Ninja afk came back said he heard his dad screaming thought the guy was having a heart attack turns out his dad had a bad case of "ball fungus" and the spray burned. Now being female I can't quite imagine this but I guess you guys get the picture.

2. Cat eats through coaxial cable.- This guy always had an excuse to leave when he didn't "win" the item he was going for. Best one was my cat just ate through the coaxial cable and is doing fits on the floor. Funny enough he also had ping issues every time his dps sucked.
    Last edited by Nadili; 04-16-2012 at 10:40 AM.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

For us its not so much being late, as it is leaving a few min after raid starts... "My friend Just broke his arm, got to go" didnt see him again for 2 weeks... And the all time fav in our guild, "My girlfriend just walked in naked" and he was gone

had a warrior officer drop raid and log without a word to the guild, about 30 minutes later somebody asked the raid leader what happened and he said the warrior told him his girlfriend just told him she was pregnant and he might not be back ever.

Oh, I have something.. this is directly taken from my old guild's forum:

I got a virus yesterday and reformatted and reinstalled everything and apparently the virus damaged some of the hardware because i keep getting a blue screen of death when i try to load any application. Im dropping my computer off at my friends house tonight and he should be able to diagnose what is wrong with it. Then depending on the part needed i should be up and running again by thursday or friday hopefully.

[...]

Good Luck tonight and I hopefully will be on later this week!

(p.s. if you are planning on looking up the Kim Kardashian sex tape, DO NOT click on the first link yahoo has posted)

Followed his post up with "You're [bleep]ing [epithet]" "lol who searches for [videos] on yahoo" and his follow up reply:

idk she came up on yahoo new about the divorce, so it sparked my interest to see her sex tape and BLAAAAMMMOOO computer dead

Needless to say, he never logged back in after that post. We will never know what happened
    Last edited by Riane; 04-16-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Rift Disciple

A combination of lateness to raid and ninja AFK due to;

Somethings was burning in the kitchen
    The kitchen was burning
    The police turned up arrested me
    Ex turned up and wanted favors
    Cat pulled net cable out of back of machine (yes it did honest it was mine right on boss kill)
    Was on my bike on the way home and ended up in a ditch
    One of my chicken's died

All true
    well to the point of being told

My cats on fire.

Besides the usual rigamarole...

My cat is walking over my keyboard.
    Baby just took a dump on me, brb (real story)
    army just called me up mid raid (possible for singaporeans who can get recalled back to the army)
    Ninja afk for macdonalds home delivery!
    111111111111111111 (my keyboard is stuck!)
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast