+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help with HK chronicle

Soulwalker

Default Help with HK chronicle

Hello, I've been farming HK chronicles for about a month now for the mask of screaming abyss. I know it drops off the random chest piece that spawns.
    I've been skipping trash for like a week now on 2 different character but the chest is never there.

I was wondering if you need to clear all the trash in order for the chest piece to spawn or can you skip them?
    Last edited by Cypresscrew; 04-15-2012 at 07:24 AM.

I was under the impression that it's a drop from the trash.

Plane Touched

I vaguely remember the chest at the end giving me mine. The chest in the middle of the dungeon is a rare spawn I think, not always there.
    Last edited by Narfalicious; 04-15-2012 at 07:32 AM.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by polyoddity View Post
    I was under the impression that it's a drop from the trash.
    Oh really, I got told it was from the chest in HK chronicles, but I don't know for sure.

It's loot from the final chest after King/Prince.

The chest at the entrance when you take the portal from the throne room. It is being moved to the throne room, either in 1.8 or the last fix, can't remember. I have never had it from trash but loads of times from the final loot chest.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post

The chest at the entrance when you take the portal from the throne room. It is being moved to the throne room, either in 1.8 or the last fix, can't remember. I have never had it from trash but loads of times from the final loot chest.
    Thanks for the help, I thought it was from the random chest.

Yep, I have looted four, I believe, since the chronicles started. Now I have way more than I know what to do with ~ having looted them during the event. But, in my case, they *always* dropped out of the final chest (Same with the one and only time I looted the Murdantix Mount).

Anymore I only do the Chrons when I'm *really* bored and nothing else is going on. But they are still fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddu Krishnamurti
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Plane Walker

I hope you get one soon. Given the lack of barbershops in Rift, it's that mask that makes my characters not too painful to look at.

Yep, what the others have said. I ran the chronicle for a little while in search of the Murdantix mount. In doing so, I looted the mask 4 times....twice in just 2-3 days. Every time it was in the final chest after completing the chronicle. I have more masks than characters, it's a shame they're not bind on equip. Gave up on the Murdantix mount in the end...became too much of a chore for me, running the same content over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosoul View Post
    Same with the one and only time I looted the Murdantix Mount
    Now that IS interesting to note.

I have probably a dozen masks (stored deep in returned mail somewhere) from the world event and from the final chest in HKc. I have had 8 murds from trash in HKc but never gotten one from the chest.

There has been a very obvious nerf to the murd drop (possibly at two (or three if you count the initial early one) stages) and if ever I go to HKc to try for a drop for a friend, I do complete the instance.

What is giving me food for thought though, whenever I do RoSc, I just kill everything but leave the foci and Gauroth as I can't be bothered with them. Maybe I should actually start completing the instance, as if the murd can drop from HKc chest then I would imagine the RoSc pony might follow the same, trash or chest.

I don't log in anymore.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cypresscrew View Post
    Hello, I've been farming HK chronicles for about a month now for the mask of screaming abyss. I know it drops off the random chest piece that spawns.
    I've been skipping trash for like a week now on 2 different character but the chest is never there.

I was wondering if you need to clear all the trash in order for the chest piece to spawn or can you skip them?
    I had the mask drop in the random chest - chest appeared after clearing the whole Murdantix room and the adjacent boss room on the right. Could be a coincidence that it appeared that time - was the first time I cleared both rooms fully though..

Now if the mount would stinkin drop...

Soulwalker

Now that IS interesting to note.
    What is giving me food for thought though, whenever I do RoSc, I just kill everything but leave the foci and Gauroth as I can't be bothered with them. Maybe I should actually start completing the instance, as if the murd can drop from HKc chest then I would imagine the RoSc pony might follow the same, trash or chest.
    Wait. Are you trying to say pale horsie drops from RoS chronicle?!!
    I'll be very glad if it does. I thought they might have added it to the loot table when this chonicle was released, but found no evidence of that on the forums.

I don't log in anymore.

I got mine off Murdantix on my 2nd HK Chron, then rerolled and haven't seen it since. I wonder if it's one of those "magical" drops that phases in and out to keep it "rare" (ex: Fluffy seemed to drop for awhile, then stop, and now is dropping again).

If it helps I ran it for the first time in months last weekend, and it dropped off trash.
    Greybriar: Rikko (Warrior) / Mizcreant (Rogue) - Defiant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast