+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbish dungeon question

Shadowlander

Default Newbish dungeon question

Hi,I have just starting out healing normal dungeons to get my skill level up with chloro. I was doing OK, then I seem to get one-shotted near the end of a couple of boss fights in Abyssal Precipice. Could someone tell me how this happens - I thought I avoided all AOE and kept a good distance. Just seemed to come out of nowhere. What do I have to do to avoid this ?

Depends on the boss. Boss fights in Rift often have mechanics that require everyone to react or die. As an example, that last boss has a Damage Shield he throws up. If your DPS keep hitting him they die. He has lazers that rotate and will dmg you. He has ground aoe that will freeze you, and he does massive raid damage every now and then that you must heal up quick or people die.

Your best resource is your group. Let them know that you have not healed this fight yet and they should be able to tell you the mechanics.

Also, try a site like Rift Junkies expert-dungeon-guide-abyssal-precipice.

Some of them will be a bit dated but should still get you going in the right direction.

Champion

if your HP are low Renthar's charge or Calyx's AE along with a lazor could definitely kill you quickly. On my mage I wear a few pieces of pvp gear if I"m going to take a larger than normal amount of damage.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Shadowlander

OK, thanks, these point me in the right direction.

+ Reply to Thread