+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Question about ID

Default Question about ID

so i heard a rumor that for ID you have to have a diffrent elemenal sigil for each wing of ID fire for fire water for water ect. if so i guess the fire sigil will be coming?

Soulwalker

Since when is there a water wing in ID?

Edit: to stay on topic, I think that different elemental sigils are recommended and almost required to make it through when the raid is first being released, since it'll (hopefully) be really hard at first. But it isn't like you can't go in there without one of these sigils.
    Last edited by kinglykangly; 04-13-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglykangly View Post
    Since when is there a water wing in ID?

Edit: to stay on topic, I think that different elemental sigils are recommended and almost required to make it through when the raid is first being released, since it'll (hopefully) be really hard at first. But it isn't like you can't go in there without one of these sigils.
    well i wasnt sure what wings but i heard a guildie say something about we needed t get all the elemental sigils and we need to get all resist for ID an im like uhhh?

Soulwalker

Yeah to be able to tackle the content when it comes out you're going to need to have those, altough it technically seen isn't required.

It's just going to be - hopefully - almost impossible without them.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglykangly View Post
    Yeah to be able to tackle the content when it comes out you're going to need to have those, altough it technically seen isn't required.

It's just going to be - hopefully - almost impossible without them.
    so EVERYONE has to get em or just tanks? becuase i know guildies who did hk last boss and never needed the water sigil cause they never got hit idk i guess we wait ad see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Shiveria View Post
    so EVERYONE has to get em or just tanks? becuase i know guildies who did hk last boss and never needed the water sigil cause they never got hit idk i guess we wait ad see what happens
    They got hit by water damage, you are mistaken. They may have proved that ultimately it wasn't needed but their guild likely would have killed it sooner if more people had been less of a liability and built a WR core.

Rift Disciple

Nobody really knows for sure, but guilds who intend to progress in ID on Day 1 have farmed a complete earth and a complete fire resist sigil for ALL raid members.

Personally, I don't think it will be a necessity like the Garau encounter, but a full resist sigil will probably make a significant difference in pre-nerf ID.

Depending on the encounter, my understanding is tanks found more midigation in maxing physical resistance rather than worrying about elemental resistance.

But to anwser your question, non-tanks want to get an earth sigil and a fire sigil with as much resistance on each as possible. Endurance and resist PA's will also help, we are all going with endurance (+aug) seals as well.

Ascendant

so i heard a rumor that for ID you have to have a diffrent elemenal sigil for each wing of ID fire for fire water for water ect. if so i guess the fire sigil will be coming?
    I doubt you HAVE to have one, there's very little specific gear you HAVE to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    I doubt you HAVE to have one, there's very little specific gear you HAVE to have.
    You also can wait 2 months and probably go in there with blues after trion swings the Nerf bat.

On day 1, I'm assuming it'll be very, very helpful - although probably not strictly necessary - to have a full fire and a full earth resist sigil to hand.

No doubt it'll become less and less important as people gear up, get more HP, healers start to heal more, and people DPS hard enough to be able to start pushing past mechanics. Think about Inwar Darktide, where his stacking buff acts as a de facto enrage timer - loads of resists mean you can survive one, maybe two more Dark Tides, but once you can DPS him hard enough, you don't even encounter the point where you need all that resistance.

Generally, though, more resists on elemental-heavy fights will mean less need to over-heal encounters, which means more DPS, which means bosses die faster and there's less margin for error. The aim should always be to go with just enough healing to stop people getting killed constantly - any more than that is a waste of potential DPS.

well id o appreciate ppl not going omg ur an idiot for asking this :P i was just curious odds are i wont be ready in time for the pre nerf dungeon but i was just wondering

No... They did have different elemental engines and people like me who already have multiple engines were frustrated at the thought of having wasted hundreds of inscribed stones only to have other people get better engines w\ +20 resist..

On PTS now they have +20 resist runes you can buy that can be applied to sigils/engines. The cost on PST is 60 Inscribed Source Stones and 30,000 planarite each.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

well id o appreciate ppl not going omg ur an idiot for asking this :P i was just curious odds are i wont be ready in time for the pre nerf dungeon but i was just wondering
    I think what you heard was people thinking that if you didn't know that ID will be Fire and Earth based then any concern you have about building a Resistance Engine is probably moot anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast