+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Rift 1.8, where the new 2012 path takes us.

Default Rift 1.8, where the new 2012 path takes us.

After reading this article http://www.riftjunkies.com/2012/04/1...ontent-in-1-8/
    I was picking it apart and getting more and more angry as a kept reading. From a raiders standpoint this is how I see things.
    **TO SAVE YOU TIME IF YOU READ THE ARTICLE I PUT ;; IN FRONT OF QUOTES FROM THE ARTICLE AND - IN FRONT OF MY RANT**

;;“One of the biggest schematic thing from all of this, is what is the right amount of challenge that is going to be hard enough but still fun? We kind of phrase it a little more bluntly in the office when referring to it. We don’t want to be punching people in the face with the difficulty of the content. And one of the other core things that we are really trying to avoid is creating situations where the success or failure of an entire raid can be messed up by one person…”
    -If this is actually what it sounds like, let me go contact all the [Edit] people who were terrible at mechanics but had the gear. [Edit]

;;“In a normal, healthy raid difficulty environment, we have players angry with us, we have players angry with content, we have them really excited about a challenge. We don’t ever want to create a situation where our content makes players angry with each other. This is the BIG BIG BIG take away.”
    -HAD after reading this article.
    Bringing 20 people together to hold hands and walk through content and be happy with each other, the content, gear, difficulty all while maintaining a progressive raid environment sounds like role-playing to me and last time I checked there were what 2? populated RP servers.

;;"Adam Gershowitz added that they wanted encounters to be more team-based, so people succeeded as a team moreso than individually. They want to remove mechanics where, for instance, if a player gains a single debuff, they have to run away from the raid, or it wipes. While there may be similar mechanics in Infernal Dawn, they are much more forgiving."
    -The direct mechanic Adam is talking about is Necrotic Eruption on Oracle in GSB, instead there are going to be similar raid mechanics that will NOT kill the entire raid [Edit]. MAYBE if we're lucky healers will have to prep for it.

;;"Adam goes on to explain that Hammerknell design came from a young game, only 4-5 months after release. Now that the game has had more time to mature, they have learned many lessons over the last year on how to create a properly balanced game. Knowledge gained not only from a veteran development staff, but from experienced players that have played the game for over a year."
    -Their young game was progressive, tough and rewarded long hours of progression on a single boss. It was satisfying and gave you a feeling of self accomplishment. Things now are a little different, I see the new 11/11 guilds from HK getting better RNG loot drops and then claiming to be "good players" and that it was well earned. Yes you did progress at a slower rate and could say 'look my DKP says I earned this relic', sure. After looking at their parses their using sub par dps specs that warrant 4-500 sometimes more based off of the skill of the old progressive raider vs. these new post nerf players.

;;"Another revelation we learned, is that Trion will be staging out encounters. Over the next few weeks, we will learn how Trion will prevent players from bashing their heads against content that they aren’t geared for."
    -Ok really REVELATION? If people are going in under geared that is their fault, Trion labeled their content TIER 1,2,3 ect.
    [Edit]

Just had some casual attemt to call me out in 50 chat about a 3k defilemancer parse saying that "Oh you're in full relic using the top dps spec. Thats how you did that." Even if I could clone my account and let this guy attempt to pull 3k off in that spec it would take them about a week if they don't give up within the first 10 minutes of attempting the spec. This is the stuff im talking about, People are lipping of with nothing to back themselves, being able to clear content using outdated low dps specs that real raiders could do blind folded.

The path this game is going down is the one where everyone gets their hand held and nothing is actually challenging.
    Last edited by Alyn; 04-12-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: language/content/rudeness

HOLY GRAMMAR BATMAN
    "After looking at their parses their using sub par dps specs that warrant 4-500 sometimes more based off of the skill of the old progressive raider vs. these new post nerf players."
    = After looking at their parses they're using sub par dps specs that warrant 4-500 less dps sometimes more based off of the skill of the old progressive raider vs. these new post nerf players.

Yeah, i agree. Simply put, if this kindof decisionmaking is on the forfront of the devs mind, (which clearly it is), the entire hardcore player base will leave. Simple as that.

Make hard modes, you seem to be good at taking ideas from WoW and others that work. Why not take the one that keeps the game challenging for those who want to be challenged so we all don't walk.

Agreed, make a T-3 Hard core mode so those who love the thrills and spills of hard core can have their nest in there.
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

Life in a developed country is hard. MMOs are hard enough.
    Even free cost too much now

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

I don't have anything wrong with most of what was said in the article except to say I think the content should be hard and should punch you in the face. Almost nobody has played in Infernal Dawn except the guilds testing it so we might find that whatever new ideas Trion has used in the new instance make the anger over this article pointless, but when I go back over the years our best and most challenging times raiding were when we really put a lot of time and effort into a defeating a hard boss that we wiped on 100 times. It isnt always fun, but the end result feels great when you finally get past the challenge. If guilds break up over a boss they weren't good enough.

Rift Disciple

Why don't you just wait and see how challenging the content actually is before jumping to the conclusion that it's going to be Easy-Mode?

Akylios was a challenging encounter that didn't have personal responsibility raid-wipe mechanics a la Sicaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargonnas_KoA View Post
    I don't have anything wrong with most of what was said in the article except to say I think the content should be hard and should punch you in the face. Almost nobody has played in Infernal Dawn except the guilds testing it so we might find that whatever new ideas Trion has used in the new instance make the anger over this article pointless, but when I go back over the years our best and most challenging times raiding were when we really put a lot of time and effort into a defeating a hard boss that we wiped on 100 times. It isnt always fun, but the end result feels great when you finally get past the challenge. If guilds break up over a boss they weren't good enough.
    Agree, Im mostly just raging at the other parts for holding the bad players hands. And how they continually complain "Its too hard" then boast about their achievements like it was well earned.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatShabba View Post
    Why don't you just wait and see how challenging the content actually is before jumping to the conclusion that it's going to be Easy-Mode?

Akylios was a challenging encounter that didn't have personal responsibility raid-wipe mechanics a la Sicaron.
    That's why I use words like IF.

God am I glad people like the OP are in the dying minority of these games
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

Quote Originally Posted by Saeleth View Post
    God am I glad people like the OP are in the dying minority of these games
    HK 10/11 Still? Hmmm I see why you would agree with making things easier.

Rift Disciple

the hardcore small % of players they are only and they did not build this game just for you to play you had your way no one would be playing it money has somthing to do with the idea that they have now becase they are getting less money more money is better if you have a idea like making it hard core just ask them to make a hard core server just for the pros we both know it will be emty

Quote Originally Posted by vg stoper View Post
    the hardcore small % of players they are only and they did not build this game just for you to play you had your way no one would be playing it money has somthing to do with the idea that they have now becase they are getting less money more money is better if you have a idea like making it hard core just ask them to make a hard core server just for the pros we both know it will be emty
    L2Punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by vg stoper View Post
    Sorry for my delayed response that was just brutal to read. I know of at least 10-15 guilds that would be on it, meaning 25~ players per guild being 250-500 players just off the top of my head. And yes I pay for the game just as everyone else does, Why shouldn't my opinions count?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatShabba View Post

Obviously someone who killed Akylios post-nerf. Riding the waves come to mind? Mind-control? Interrupts? Orbs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast