+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Rift 1.8, where the new 2012 path takes us.

People seem to think that these "hardcore" raiders live in some bubble and don't contribute to the overall success of the game.

My guild is not the most hardcore, but we are constantly in warfronts/5-man experts, etc. contributing to the overall community. We have PUGed T1 20-man raids, Master Mode dungeons, and all the rest. Hell, while cycling through recruits, we probably geared up half of our server with HK items before booting them for poor performance. Our guild, and many others like them, contribute in zone invasions, world events, and what have you. And I know this may bruise peoples egos -- but oftentimes whenever I am doing anything in this game that involves the general population/PUG -- I am carrying their *****.

The point is, that you want this hardcore, skilled playerbase playing your game. Ultimately it makes the community more robust, and allows people of lesser skill levels to participate in encounters they may not have been able to otherwise.

These hardcore raiders are trailblazers. I guarantee that 95% of the "best" specs were created by raiders spending countless hours on dummies/PTS, etc. BiS spreadsheets, theorycrafting -- your casual player is not investing the time and effort to create these things, but are definitely reaping the rewards.

This thread has so much win!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by daboohk View Post
    Obviously someone who killed Akylios post-nerf. Riding the waves come to mind? Mind-control? Interrupts? Orbs?
    You missed the point. Those mechanics are not instant raid wipes like messing up a contract or missing a purge. With the initial DPS check, sure it was pretty much destined to be a wipe, but its not instant death for everyone in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatShabba View Post
    You missed the point. Those mechanics are not instant raid wipes like messing up a contract or missing a purge. With the initial DPS check, sure it was pretty much destined to be a wipe, but its not instant death for everyone in the raid.
    And you missed my point. Im saying IF this is the path they are taking for 2012, THE FUTURE OF THEIR GAME. Its going to lose a lot of players. I for one will not wait another 8-9 months for a new raid that is not "punching people in the face with difficulty" They keep lowering the difficulty for these new things, the old things we would consider hard upon release and the player base is going to go from getting a good player ever 5 recruits to a good player per server.

I'm okay with losing instant raid wiping mechanics like Sicaron's purge.

I'm not okay with losing personal responsibility mechanics like Akylios waves, mind decay, or Zilas' beam.
    Lucidium

Sicaron pre-nerfed was one of the best encounters ever. You knew who was bad in your guild, and you hated them for it.

Sicaron pre-nerfed was one of the best encounters ever. You knew who was bad in your guild, and you hated them for it.

He must be one of those people who don't take well to being called out on flaws.
    Last edited by niochua; 04-12-2012 at 08:32 AM.

I do not PvE, just saying this beforehand.

Changes to make raids more team oriented instead of "1 person wipes everything" sounds amazing and makes me more interested in playing PvE. I know they can make hard content and still base it around teamwork, so why all the hate about his comments?
    Zev & Manafont of Seastone
    Vinco Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Saeleth View Post
    God am I glad people like the OP are in the dying minority of these games
    I for one see it as a sad kinda thing that the hardcore MMO crowd, you know, the people that basically got the genre started are having to withdraw from the genre because of the hundreds of thousands of casuals who seek nothing more than to remove any concept of a challenge from everything. Call me an elitist if you want, I'm not a hardcore player at all, hell, I'm probably the most casual player on this damned forum. But it annoys me to see the casuals all QQ about difficulty and see everything nerfed into the ground. Wheres the fun if everything is easymode? I don't get it... maybe this kinda crap is why I can't handle being around people IRL for more than 5 minutes. The whole instant gratification thing that defines the world as it is nowadays just plain pisses me off. IRL it's mass political movements due to rich people having money and everyone else QQing about it. Ingame its casuals crying about the hardcores getting shinies... Greedy, self-centered, egotistical type crap. You want something? Work for it. If it's not worth working for, it's not worth having.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

You sound like a wonderful person.

Quote Originally Posted by niochua
    Im saying IF this is the path they are taking for 2012, THE FUTURE OF THEIR GAME. Its going to lose a lot of players. I for one will not wait another 8-9 months for a new raid that is not "punching people in the face with difficulty" They keep lowering the difficulty for these new things, the old things we would consider hard upon release and the player base is going to go from getting a good player ever 5 recruits to a good player per server.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

The attitudes in this thread are horrible and I'll be very glad to see them leave, as soon as possible if you please.
    Deepwood | Aschana | H1325 | PA1427 | R94 | 20017 pts
    ~ Dedicated Chloromancer ~

Quote Originally Posted by Saeleth View Post
    God am I glad people like the OP are in the dying minority of these games
    Dying minority eh? Lets see, wave one of nerfs, loss in subs. Wave 2 of nerfs, more loss in subs and then the forums is lit up with QQ about empty shards. Keep the train rolling and now we are down to 16 NA shards with maybe 2 being on high capacity. Ya, we are the dying minority.
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

Quote Originally Posted by Zsokorad View Post
    The attitudes in this thread are horrible and I'll be very glad to see them leave, as soon as possible if you please.
    Do you mean attitudes asking for inscribes to drop from the sky? Or raid gear to drop from normal dungeons? Or your experience from your level 50 to be handed out to a new character you make?
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

Quote Originally Posted by Skidrow Bro View Post
    Dying minority eh? Lets see, wave one of nerfs, loss in subs. Wave 2 of nerfs, more loss in subs and then the forums is lit up with QQ about empty shards. Keep the train rolling and now we are down to 16 NA shards with maybe 2 being on high capacity. Ya, we are the dying minority.
    This. x100

I dont understand why a Hardcore level cannot be created to satisfy the hardcore players, do 1 T-1 level all easy daisy for players like me that would allow me to kill the Big Bad Boss just by looking at him. a T-2 level for medium core players and a T-3 Hard, die many times, bash keyboard, slap face kind of Hardcore level.
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by vg stoper View Post
    the hardcore small % of players they are only and they did not build this game just for you to play you had your way no one would be playing it money has somthing to do with the idea that they have now becase they are getting less money more money is better if you have a idea like making it hard core just ask them to make a hard core server just for the pros we both know it will be emty
    Good god man, go back to kindergarten and learn how to use punctuation (and writing coherent sentences for that matter).

How ever you're right, the Hardcore community is a small one (and a dying one at that) and we're a small contribution to Trions bottom line. However Raiding should have a natural progression to it. That's why they call them "Tiers." The next Tier should challenge players more then the last, and each boss in a tier should be more challenging then the one before it.

It's called progression raiding, what half of you "poptards" are asking for is a communist welfare system. However this already exists. It's called the Public Test Shard. You should try it some time, you'll be able to get full ID relics and flex your epeen and the OP can still come by in his current gear and crush you on the meters.

People seem to think that these "hardcore" raiders live in some bubble and don't contribute to the overall success of the game.

My guild is not the most hardcore, but we are constantly in warfronts/5-man experts, etc. contributing to the overall community. We have PUGed T1 20-man raids, Master Mode dungeons, and all the rest. Hell, while cycling through recruits, we probably geared up half of our server with HK items before booting them for poor performance. Our guild, and many others like them, contribute in zone invasions, world events, and what have you. And I know this may bruise peoples egos -- but oftentimes whenever I am doing anything in this game that involves the general population/PUG -- I am carrying their *****.

The point is, that you want this hardcore, skilled playerbase playing your game. Ultimately it makes the community more robust, and allows people of lesser skill levels to participate in encounters they may not have been able to otherwise.

These hardcore raiders are trailblazers. I guarantee that 95% of the "best" specs were created by raiders spending countless hours on dummies/PTS, etc. BiS spreadsheets, theorycrafting -- your casual player is not investing the time and effort to create these things, but are definitely reaping the rewards.
    ^This basically sums it up.

My back hurts BTW, just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Baccarus View Post
    I'm okay with losing instant raid wiping mechanics like Sicaron's purge.

I'm not okay with losing personal responsibility mechanics like Akylios waves, mind decay, or Zilas' beam.
    I <3 you.

WTB EQ1 death touch mechanics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast